“Great Base for Seeing Round Palmanova” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners

Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners to your Saves list
Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Ca's Saboners 7, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Base for Seeing Round Palmanova”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 8 days with my 12 year old son, 16 year old daughter and 75 year old grandma who was located in a studio apartment on the top floor of the only part of the complex that didn't have a lift. As she walks with a stick, this was a bit of a drawback but she said it was "worth it for the view".

The apartments are spacious and reasonably well equipped, the balcony is the star of the show though, huge and very private with a great view of the lovely pool.

There were a lot of large groups of girls/young men hanging around the foyer but they were completely harmless and the security ensured that no one caused undue noise or hassled anyone late at night.

We only used the snack bar which was clean and provided decent chips and pizza! We didn't sample any of the entertainment as we preferred to go out at night to various restaurants and bars in Palma Nova itself.

These apartments are a great place to base yourself for seeing around the resort and are near to all the good beaches and shops. The staff are friendly and helpful. All in all we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Morley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in thehotel for a stag do. There was around 20 of us, it was an easy walk to the beach and to the main strip. The only downside was the security man telling people to be quiet after 12 at night.

Room Tip: Try and get a ground floor place!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I am in an unusual position to review this hotel, as I stayed here for my stag do, but I also have a family who did not travel with me.

I will cover my title first. Although the hotel is clean and has good facilities, during the day there were large groups of men hanging around outside their apartments and for me even if they are good natured I would still have felt intimidated had my little boy been with me. Needless to say my group was one of those groups, and although my best man and I are considerate people, there is only so much we can be responsible for 17 drunk men. The hotel lends itself to groups because of its "charge per room not per person policy". It basically meant we got to stay in a 3* for the cost of a 1*. Food was ok, nothing to get excited about.

Now, for the stags/best men/hens reading this. This hotel is PERFECT for you. Go on to the hotel's website and book the 8 man room (there is only one). You have your own highest floor, three rooms ( two twin, one double so two will have to get bromantic), and two sofa beds which are fine when drunk. As you pay by the room the cost is really hard to beat, and they don't charge you until you get there so you can collect money off people when you're there. Decent distance from bars etc. come out the hotel, turn right hit the bottom of the hill there is a decent warm-up/breakfast/hangover bar called Papis (or similar). Facing that and turn right again, down the road a bit there is a very cheap supermarket called "bip", get your supplies from there.

For the hotel, all the time you charge those prices per room, you are always going to get groups like us!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our stay at Saboners was very enjoyable. 8 of us booked for a leaving school holiday, sharing two one-bedroom apartments. We found them very clean and spacious enough, and the sofa beds in the living room were just as comfortable as the beds in the bedroom. It perhaps would have been more convenient to have the option to change the bed linens during the week, but that wasn't a big issue, and the towels were changed twice which fine.

The balcony was an excellent size and extremely private - we actually found it difficult to talk to our friends on the balcony next to us, and we managed to serve a meal for 8 on one without feeling squashed on the third night.

The pool was lovely, and clean, though we only used it once as the beautiful beach was so close, literally across the street and down a few flights of steps. We found we preferred the beach because although we went at the beginning of the season, it was pretty much deserted during the week when the locals weren't there.

Our only noteworthy complaint about our stay at Saboners was that they seemed to have taken the reviews on here from last year to heart. At 12 midnight every night we were told by the security guard to go inside from our balconies, or remain totally silent - we were even told to be quiet when there was two of us having a quiet conversation. This was usually okay as most nights we went out to the magaluf strip at about 12, but if any of us came home early, or for the two nights we stayed in, we felt fairly uncomfortable, especially as we didn't want anybody to smoke in the room.

However all in all we had a fantastic stay at Saboners, and the curfew didn't really affect us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have essentially no privacy, but are very easy to get to after a night out...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

rooms were spacious except bathroom a bit difficult to get into bath..reception was very friendly and everywhere was very clean. be aware there is a limit on the hot water each day so stick to showers or you may get caught out.good pool area but lots of towels on beds.stay in palma nova twice a year at different hotels and apartments. this is one I would consider returning to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for a week in may with a baby. The rooms are a good size but could do with some updating especially the bathroom. Good size patio. The pool area is lovely and the bar and restaurant good value. It's in a really good location an easy stroll into Palma nova or magaluf but far enough away to be quiet. We had a problem with the safe in our room but they sorted it quickly. Yes there were some stag and hen parties but they didn't bother us.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a large balcony by the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I loved this holiday the rep and staff were good with the kids. The shop was handy happy hour was amazing and so was the pool. Our room was clean and tidy. But there was one thing, from the beginning my daughter said something was digging in her head. But I just left it because I thought she has sunstroke. But when I was fixing her pillows in the morning something digged into my hand so I looked at my hand and it was full of blood. There I saw a sewing needle sticking out of the pillow. I'm not one of those fussy people who complain about everything but what if she turned round in her sleep and it went in her eye. So I went to reception and told them he said it isn't their fault. So when iI got home a week later ( I stayed for 2 weeks) I sent them a letter. And they didn't do anything. But apart from that I would stay again. It was a good holiday

Room Tip: i reccomend this for anyone kids, adults and loads more
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners? Share your experiences!