“What we expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TRH Magaluf

Save Saved
You added TRH Magaluf to your Saves list
TRH Magaluf
3.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   C/ Martin Ros Garcia, 15, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain (Formerly TRH Palmanova)   |
Ranked #34 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here on a hen party for three nights in June and it was pretty much what we expected. The reception area was quite nice and the rooms were basic but good enough and clean enough. The pool and pool bar area were quite nice and clean. The pool area did get very busy and was also very noisy with loud music being played quite early, so no chance of a doze around the pool.

The hotel itself is only a couple of minutes walk from the top of the strip and the beach so a good location.

Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Neath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

iv just come back from my first group holiday in magaluf and we stayed in trh palmanova. I was a bit sceptical going there after reading the reviews. Yes it is a big hill but honestly when your going up and down it drunk you dont notice! the pool is lovely and the SOME of the staff there are helpful. We had no problems with robberies or break ins, we didnt use the safes after reading the reviews and locked all belongings in one suitcase and hid it in the room. In all honesty the rooms could of been better, and just need a little love and care. Its in a great location i recommend the hotel to young lively people and group of friends. The reps at the hotel were the only honest people there and very trusting, if people come around your hotel room selling you bands and tickets etc DO NOT ACCEPT talk to your rep first as we eventually discovered! over all best week of my life and would do it all again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Was asked to leave my £120 pair of sunglasses as a deposit for an extra room key. When I asked for them back they said they had lost them and it's not their fault. Manager just shrugged his shoulders.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

After going on holiday to Magaluf last year and loving every moment of it my friends and I decided to return this year. We originally booked the Trh Palmanova last year but were moved hotel due to it being over booked. Therefore this year it we decided to try staying there, which was a huge mistake!!

On the day we arrived the doorbell went while we were trying to sleep after an early morning flight therefore we ignored it, they must have known that we were in the room as the buzzer went off which only happens when the electricity key is in. Two men with a hammer in hand then proceeded to walk into our room even though we had ignored the buzzer, they walked straight through the full apartment without speaking to us got to the living area where two girls were sleeping on the couches banged on the kitchen table three times with a hammer then walked out. The two girls were visibly shaken as they thought the men were there to rob or attack them, we still don’t know why they came to our room even after asking several members of staff who couldn’t explain why this had happened, as you can imagine this then made us very suspicious from the offset of the hotel and staff as it was clear they could enter our room at any time with or without our consent and it was just lucky on this occasion none of us were showering or not dressed.
After this experience and within the next few days the hotel security came to our room twice accusing us of false accusations. Firstly advising us that they had noise complaints from our room when we were all sleeping therefore clearly we weren’t making any noise which they could see on entering our room for which they apologized and left. Secondly questioning if we threw a balcony chair on to the greenery below when our balcony was at the other side of the building therefore again this was not my party. The security then apologized and confirmed that he had made a mistake after counting our chairs and looking over the balcony to confirm what area the chair had been thrown from.

The security at this hotel constantly had us on edge as their behavior was nowhere near acceptable they had also said strange and intimidating things to members of my party such as, "You can stay in my room", "We know what room you stay in" and making comments on girl’s hair. Girls in my party have stated to me that when they went back to the room alone they could not sleep as they felt uneasy knowing the security knew they were in the room alone, which is ridiculous.
On numerous occasions we were woke up and had to answer our door to other hotel guests between 4/5 o'clock in the morning asking them to leave as they would be continually banging the door and pressing the buzzers. On the roof below our balcony (which you obviously weren't allowed on for health and safety reasons) most nights there would be around 20 hotel guests singing, dancing, bringing pool furniture onto the roof, smoking drugs and making general noise/disruption. Hotel security was nowhere to be seen during this time. There was always drunk people lying and being sick on the reception floor while security seemed to find this funny. We tried our best to ignore what other guest where behaving like and tried to avoid the security men and make the best of a bad situation so we could enjoy the rest of our holiday.

One night we were in our room with around 7 hotel guests from the floor above us as we were celebrating one of their birthdays, they came down to our room at about half 11 so we could sing happy birthday at 12. Around 12:30 security opened the door shouting "get out" and removed the electricity key. We obliged and asked everyone to get out of the room and we all proceeded to the reception area as security had requested that the four guests staying in room 630 went there. At this point we thought we might be getting a warning as we had heard of other guest’s getting warnings for loud behavior and also for throwing furniture off the balcony. Our whole party waited at reception and as the other hotel guests that were in our room went to leave the hotel the security tried to stop them. Hotel security then proceeded to kick and slap and scream at these guests until they were physically removed from the hotel. The way the security acted was nothing less than horrific. They were acting like animals. During this time one of the guests threw a drink at security which we later got the blame for. After all this we asked the man at reception what was happening and he shouted at us that we were getting kicked out the hotel and had 5 minutes to pack. We obviously found this shocking and totally out of order therefore asked for more information on why this was happening but we were totally ignored. The receptionist told us we could leave now and come back at 6 o’clock in the morning to collect our things or we would be given back the key for our room for five minutes to pack and leave immediately or he would phone the police. Due to not knowing what to do I phoned my Dad for advice, he advised me to again ask for more information and ask for a Thomas Cook representative’s number but the hotel Receptionist again just ignored my repeated attempts to be given any information or a contact number for our travel company, he started to ignore us completely and put his hand in my face when I was talking to him. I asked him repeatedly for the hotels number or the managers number or even someone from the travel company's number but he just refused to hand any of these over. When we again asked to speak to the Manager the hotel Receptionist claimed he was the Manager and then ten minutes later back tracked and said he was the Receptionist whilst on the phone to my Dad he asked to speak to him. One of the security-guards then spoke to my Dad claiming that we had three warnings and that we had ignored them, which is completely untrue. This is when he also accused us of throwing a drink at them, as I already mentioned this one of the other hotel guests and not anyone from our party. This same security-guard then told me to “[--] off back to my own country” upon which I was totally flabbergasted and very upset. The way we were getting treated and spoken to was an absolute joke considering all we had done was to invite a few friends into our room for a birthday drink that were also paying guests staying in the hotel before going out. When a member of my party went to use the reception phone to call her parents the “Manager” grabbed her hand with such force that it snapped one of her acrylic nails off her finger. At this point we were very frightened and scared and realized that we were getting nowhere with trying to get a hold off any person that could speak with the staff therefore we proceeded to return to our rooms to pack our belongings. After packing our belongings I and another member of my party went back down to reception to apologize and see if we could rectify the situation, we explained that we didn’t know we weren’t allowed people in our room and it wouldn’t happen again. The Receptionist didn’t care, he told us we had to leave immediately. After returning to our rooms to tell the other members of the party our doors were chapped, the security was standing there with two members of the Police ready to escort us out the hotel. I am disgusted at the way security and the reception staff treated us! We attended our welcome meeting and were not told we were not allowed to have people in our room! We accept the fact that yes there would have been some noise coming from our room but nothing that was ridiculous or unacceptable and if we had been warned we were being too noisy we would have without a doubt turned the music down or asked the guests to leave.

A member of my party’s family back home got a number for an emergency Escapades Rep who she phoned and gave all the information to. The Escapades Rep finally arrived at the hotel where we were sitting outside with our suitcases, she went in to talk to the Receptionist and security-guards but they continued to tell her lies about the situation. She told us she asked could we at least stay on the reception couches for the night as we had nowhere else to go but she was told no. By this time it was around 2am, when she returned she told us there was nothing she could do at this time, there were “no hotels or rooms free in the whole of Magaluf”. I had hurt my arm while on holiday and it was in a sling I was also taking medication that the hospital had prescribed for it, in all the chaos I had left my medication in the room. I made her aware of this but she didn’t seem to care and didn’t go back in to try and get it. She then left us, telling us another Rep would be here at 9.30 in the morning to “try and sort something out”. I find this totally shocking after booking with such a big company like that a rep could easily leave a group of 7 girls sitting out on the street with their suitcases crying and in pain with no medication, to go back to the strip with the boy that was waiting for her. The situation just seemed to annoy her and it was as if she couldn’t wait to get away from us.

We were left sitting outside on the street from around 1 in the morning until around half 9 the next morning when a group of strangers had stopped and asked what was happening. We explained our situation and explained we were waiting on a rep coming to which they replied that they knew there was a rep in our hotel and they knew which room they were in. We asked if they would be able to go to the door and try and wake them up. About 10-15 minutes later a rep appeared. I am disgusted that we were left outside on the street the full night with no food/water or toilets while a rep was in the hotel sleeping the full time. We explained our situation to him and he just seemed clueless on what to do with the situation, although he finally did manage to get my medication from the room (eventually). He was no help to us at all claiming that if we couldn’t get back into the hotel we were thrown out of he didn’t know if he would be able to find us alternative accommodation, and after no sleep or food and lying on a pavement for 9 hours that is the last thing you want to hear from the people that are supposed to be there to help. By this point we were all tired and upset and then he turned round and stated that he started work in 20 minutes and so had to go in for a shower!! This angered us even more as again we were left lying on the street with no help or advice. Just after 10 another rep showed up, I can honestly say that if it wasn’t for her I don’t know what we would have done. She straight away made us feel at ease and had arranged a meeting with the manager to discuss with him what had happened. She offered to buy us food or water but by this stage we were just so exhausted we just needed sleep. The manager showed up late for his meeting with her and when she finally got in the meeting he claimed that we were not allowed back in the hotel as he had been woken up during the night because of the issue and he had two young kids at home, to which I can understand, but we should never have been thrown out our rooms in the first place especially with no warnings. Luckily she knew someone who worked for a company that was able to find us accommodation, which we did have to pay for ourselves! Although this was a joke and should never have been the case the only plus was the new accommodation was a million times better than the TRH and we could now sleep and feel at ease which wasn’t the case when we arrived at the TRH.

I myself never used to take much notice of reviews for hotels as I always thought people surely can never be that bad but honestly I would advise everyone to STAY WELL AWAY from this hotel. Enjoy Magaluf staying somewhere else even if it means paying a bit more money.

• Stayed June 2013
bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days at the start the the season 2 of us girls in our 20s and couldn't fault it'! Room was clean and tidy nice size balcony with pool view! Reception staff were very helpful!
Really close to the main magaluf strip but slightly away so you can distance yourself although its mainly for youngsters wanting a good time as all day by the pool there's music playing and I must admit it gave such a great atmosphere the pool was lovely great size and had no trouble getting us sunbeds! Safety deposit boxes are very reasonable but the poolside bar is a bit overpriced!!
Only thing I would say is the rooms could do with updating they were a bit old :)
We paid next to nothing for our room as start of season so really can't complain would defrost return! Not for families tho!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Myself and 3 other friends have just got back from spending 10 nights in this hotel and after reading the terrible reviews we were worried upon arrival at the hotel. However there was no need whatsoever! The atmosphere in the hotel and around the pool is fantastic and you can see that everyone is there to enjoy themselves, relax and have a good time which is all you can ask for!! The rooms are brill, girls there are plenty of big mirrors which is another thing we were bothered about but again we weren't disappointed. The only improvement I could suggest is that the towels and bed sheets could be changed more often. We had a fantastic view of the pool which constantly had music blasting and for 2 days in the week there was a pool party with a BCM DJ playing the latest dance/house music. The hill leading upto the hotel isn't all that bad, you don't really notice when your drunk rolling in at 5/6 in the morning after a heavy night on the strip which is literally a 5 minute walk away. We met some people who were staying in Mallorca Rocks hotel and after visiting our room they said it was so much better than theirs and they had paid more than double the price we had!! All I can say is, don't just take into account the bad reviews, if your careful with your possessions then you won't get anything stolen! Be wise and not careless! This hotel is fantastic and if I ever come back to maga I will 100% be booking into this hotel again. I had the best week of my life and I wouldn't change it for the world! It's amazing value, worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, fairly high up