“Is it scampi or is it cauliflower!?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of TRH Magaluf

You added TRH Magaluf to your Saves list
TRH Magaluf
3.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   C/ Martin Ros Garcia, 15, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain (Formerly TRH Palmanova)   |
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Is it scampi or is it cauliflower!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Food on the first night was much better than I was expecting, but as the week went on, dinner became part guessing game and part lucky dip. What I originally thought was scampi turned out to be battered cauliflower, a new Spanish delicacy maybe? The following day my eyes lit up at the sight of onion rings (a well know favourite of drunk men), which some how transformed in to battered squid once it touched my tongue. I mean seriously, how hard is it to label food?! I was also suspicious of re heated Brussel sprouts from the previous day as they were ridiculously soft, almost verging on mushy peas. And the desserts were so florescent in colour they could have been radioactive. Breakfast scrambled egg, I honestly don't know how they messed that up so bad, soggy and tasteless, the only thing I can think of was that it was make from powdered egg. Having said that there was enough selection I never went hungry, and the Squits held off till day 4 (however this maybe due to other things ingested).

The room :- despite a few ants dotted around the place, and there only being one key between 4, I didn't mind the room too badly. sleeping before 3am isn't really an option, if you are a family I seriously advise against this hotel, it is full of 250+ party animals banging on the wrong door trying to find a bed.

All in all if your going to party in magaluf and looking for a cheap deal, this hotel is great value in a great location (2min from beach and strip) but don't expect something as good as travel lodge. 2 stars

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dundee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Within week 3 people in our group had money/phones/ID/bank cards stolen from the safes at reception. When this was reported to the staff they were less than helpful and in fact laughed in our faces. In addition to the obvious organised (inside job) theft the staff were very grumpy and despite being a young persons hotel they clearly hated us all especially at meal times. Also we were on half board and they refused to even provide water with our evening meal and forced us to buy water if we wanted a drink with our food.
Unfortunately this awful hotel made our nearly perfect holiday significantly less enjoyable. If you have the option avoid this hotel wherever possible and definitely don't leave your valuables in the "safe".

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Livingston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Do NOT stay here! In our group of friends, we had at least three safety deposit boxes stolen from, with money and credit cards going missing. The boxes were not forced open, and so must have been an inside job. If that wasn't enough, the attitude from the staff was horrendous, with them laughing in our faces, and not caring in the least. If you had any complaint, they couldn't give a damn. Belongings in rooms were also riffled through, however the "safes" in the reception area were the worst hit.
On booking this hotel, I did not believe the bad reviews, and wish I had paid more attention to them. Please do not book here, there are many better options available in Maga.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

went to this hotel with a big group of friends, first impressions were basic but fine, food was good, pool is great but as the week went on multiple things were going missing every night from the safes that you pay extra to hire, with no sign of forced entry, the staff through the night were helping themselves to 400 euros, iphones and credit cards. The manager was useless and no staff took any responsibilty, just saying they had been lost not stolen. No security cameras worked and you have to pay for an interpreter to report anything to the police! DONT GO HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR VALUABLES!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week as part of a group of 70 uni leavers. Our first impression was not good, the rooms were dirty and smelly with non- functioning air con. We decided that for a budget holiday we could live with that and move on.
The food is very average, the pool is small, the music at the pool is very loud from 10am til 10pm (which we didn't really mind) and the location was good. That is about as positive as I can get about the place.
We had all been encouraged at checking in to purchase a key for a "secure" locker which were located at reception as the safes in the room weren't working. We had to pay 26 euros, 6 of it we got back as a deposit on the end. Three days into our trip my friend and I went to get more cash out of our locker and when we opened it to our horror over 400 Euros which we had been keeping safe had been STOLEN. Passports and a debit card had been left behind.
We went straight to the front desk who claimed this had never happened before and that it was impossible. The lady at reception was very sympathetic but her superior (not the manager) was not sympathetic at all. He just shrugged his shoulders, said it was impossible and refused to give us a full refund on our locker or take any responsibility for the theft.
THERE ARE ALSO NO SECURITY CAMERAS IN RECEPTION. When I questioned this, I was told that the boss could not be bothered spending money on this.
So we were left with no more cash for the rest of our week, no compensation and no chance of an insurance claim as the lockers were not forced - i.e. as much as the staff claim they have no spare key, someone had been letting themselves in.

The next day another of our group had exactly the same story but with her iPhone stolen from her "secure" locker. When she informed reception, the man there laughed in her face and accused her of being careless and having lost it.
Yet again the day after this another girl in our group had her credit card stolen from a different locker with the same response given by the staff.

The shameful treatment of their customers and blatant lack of security or any interest in any breach of security makes this place a no-go for anyone who values their valuables.

GO HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK - BUT DONT BLAME ME IF YOU LEAVE WITH LESS THAN YOU ARRIVED WITH.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm not usually someone who would leave a review, however, this hotel has unfairly received such rubbish ones on here I feel like I ought to set the record straight! After reading the reviews I was apprehensive about staying here, however, it actually is such a nice hotel, its not the Ritz but it was amazing for the money! The decor etc aren't great but the rooms are clean (you get new towels nearly every day), the beds are comfortable and they have everything you need in the room (except they could do with more plugs and mirrors so maybe worth bringing a special adapter and a mirror with you). The pool is really nice, it's big, clean, has lots of sunbeds around it and has decent music playing all day from about 11 (it has BCM dj's there for a pool party too twice a week!) so don't know what more you could want really! The pool bar isn't cheap but they never are, the receptionists are really nice, have good English and you can drop your key in when you go out and they will give it to you when you get in. We didn't have any issues with anything being stolen but we didn't leave money or anything lying around and our safety deposit boxes weren't touched, however, we did hear a group of guys had a camera and money stolen however I do believe this was by a cleaner and they'd left it in their rooms. The hotel is in a great location, the hill really isn't bad at all (people must be really unfit as was expecting Kilimanjaro lol) and there is a good value shop underneath and another one up the road. When you walk down the hill the beach is down a set of steps (it takes about 5 minutes to get there and it's lush) the strip is another five minutes down the road which is ideal although you get hassled by so many PR's trying to get you into their bar on your way down but they are everywhere! We didn't really have a problem with the hotel being noisey, it wasn't quiet but when you come to Magalluf it's not really expected that you will sit in your room all night so if your out until 6am or so you won't have any problems and the hotel pool isn't busy until like 12 so you won't be woken up too early! Overall I think this hotel was such good value for money and we would all definitely go back! Thank you TRH!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms come with a pool view but not all are sunny so ask for a sunny balcony if you want...
EDINBURGH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had read some dreadful reviews about this hotel... Hopefully I can put some of them to bed!
I went to the hotel for 6 nights with my friends who ranged in age from 33 to 26.
I was dreading coming here, but upon arrival I found the reception staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. Their English is also superb!
The rooms are very tired, but clean enough. A cleaner visited every 2 days, with new towels pretty much everyday.
The pool area is actually pretty nice, pool looked spotless! The hotel reception area etc was actually pretty nice too. I think at one time it might have been quite a nice place.
At night however it is noisy, but this is due to all the people coming home and banging doors. I wasn't there for early nights really but I still took ear plugs... Which were a gods send!
All in all it was definitely worth the money. AND we NEVER anything stolen, because we were not stupid enough to leave valuables lying about...

All in all we had an unbelievable time! Apart from the weather which was pretty rubbish.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach as these get the sun in the evening... And get one on a floor higher...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
Club B Mallorca
Sol Guadalupe
Sol Guadalupe
#2 of 27 in Magaluf
4.5 of 5 stars 1,354 reviews

Been to TRH Magaluf? Share your experiences!