“True to description” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Lunamar Apartments

Save Saved
You added Sol Lunamar Apartments to your Saves list
Sol Lunamar Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Cas Saboners 8 | Calvia, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Wrexham
“True to description”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I returned from a weeks holiday at Sol Lunamar 2/9/12 and can honestly say I would absolutley return there.

I travelled as a loan parent with my 10 year old daughter and couldn't have wanted for more. I have travelled to Palma Nova before and so knew I would not need an all inc hotel because the area had everything I would need, from shops to days out and entertainment.

The hotel was clean, our room was clean and housekeeping was every other day. The pool and bar area were kept clean and staff were constantly upkeeping all areas. The staff were very accomadating, they answered all questions and helped with inquiries on where was best to take my daughter for entertainment etc. Staff would also book taxis for me.

The hotel is in an ideal location for the beach, bars, entertainment, but is also just set out of Magalluf for those who want a good night sleep. The hotel is situated in a location where it only costs 5 euro to get to places like the fab Pirates show, and the Western Water Park. I think everyone should visit Pirates, it is a really good entertaining night.

I really can't fault this hotel, my daughter and I had a great holiday and would go back there tomorrow. We stayed in room 504 which was not a pool view room, however, this was no bother to us as it was nice and cool on our balcony, if we wanted to move to a pool view room, I could have paid an extra 16euro pd, but I was quite happy to stay where we were as it was quite private.

Vacating the hotel was at night and we had to be out of our room by 12 noon, you can pay to keep your room on for longer at a small charge, but I did not see the need because the hotel keeps your luggage in a secure room with security cameras. The hotel also offers guests vacating late full use of the bathrooms to freshen up, it has everything you need to freshen up and clean towels for you to use also.

All in all, I am very pleased that everything we got, was to the description that I had paid for and so cannot put fault to this hotel, just praise. Keep up the good work Sol Lunamar, we hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: I paid for a basic room, but for an extra 16 euro per day, you can get a pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Stockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just had a two week holiday here and loved it :-) myself, hubby and 8 year old boy. Be careful when booking if you want an apartment with separate bedroom as there are only 5 in this hotel the rest are studio's (everything in one room!) which I didn't realise! but the hotel manager 'Daniel' was so lovely and helpful, he offered us an appartment at discounted price :-) pool view with two balconies, aircon is a godsend. Pool was very chilled out and clean as were the apartments. All the staff were really friendly and chatty. Use the back gate (secured with key card) for a 2mins walk to the gorgeous beaches...heaven, we fished on the rocks..brilliant. Lots of watersports available for older ones or young at heart parents!! :-) as Palma Nova is close to Magaluf you do see groups of girls and lads on their way out but nothing to bother you. A small play area with bouncy castle, trampolines, carousel (chargeable) near the centre of an evening, and we loved Reflex 80's bar, staff really friendly and our little boy loved the kids cocktails :-) Great holiday over too quickly :-) happy to answer any questions :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in apartment 317 faces the pool, there are only 5 apartments with separate bedrooms the re...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Extremely Clean, well kept apartments. Free air conditioning and PERFECT location, being less than 2 minute walk from the beach. Surrounded by local supermarkets and shops, so no worry about buying supplies. Went with a friend as a relaxing holiday but being 23 we obviously wanted a few nights out too. Ideal location as the strip was less than 10 minutes walk and we were able to get some sleep afterwards as the hotel was mainly full of couples or families with children. It is close to all day time and evening activities such as the amazing pirate show and the not so amazing water park. Anywhere further afield will only cost about 5 euros in a taxi. The staff at reception were nice, although when we arrived at 2pm our room was not ready, therefore we had to wander around for an hour, but not a major problem. My friend lost her purse 3 days into our holiday which contained our room card and safe key. Reception were very good about this, supplying a new card and safe key once they had made a copy. Obviously my friend had to pay 15 euros for replacement and we were told we would loose 15 euro deposit, but we were expecting that, however at the end both of us received our deposits back with no problems. There is always someone at the reception desk, even when we strolled in at 6am, which gives you peace of mind in regards to security. Our room was basic, but we soon became very comfortable there, due to its cleanliness and comfort. Probably the most comfortable Spanish bed I have ever slept in. I can honestly say I had an AMAZING holiday and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is after a cheap and fun holiday :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Jefe Calidad S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Lunamar Apartments, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Ruth,

We are really glad that yo enjoyed and had an amazing stay with us, and most important hear that your issue with the lost was well solved by our staff.

As we can read, guest are very happy about our cleaningness so we will working this way for make other costumer and your future stays as pleasant as your last one.

We have to thank you for devoting a time to write your kind words. Hope to see you again with us.

Regards,

Quality Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Loved Sol Lunamar, perfect location, hotel was clean, and staff all very friendly. Me and my husband went with our 17 year old daughter and her friend and they loved it aswell. They would walk to magaluf each night (3-5 min walk) and come home the next morning...Safe! It is quiet at night which is really good considering it is besdie Magaluf. The food was amazing and on a Monday or Tuesday it was they done a chicken night which we all enjoyed, I would reccomend the Florida resturant down the road or El Macca for food aswell they were lovely. We went to Wee Magees every morning for breakfast which was cheap and nice aswell! Would go back next year to Sol Lunamar.

Room Tip: Pool View, high level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

me and my husband has just come back from the sol lunamar apartments all i can say was great and if anybody is wanting good apartments basic but very clean and staff very good aswell was couples and familys mainly was not many groups of lasses and lads which was nice to no so it was quiet great really you could get sun beds no problem pool great could not fault it the great thing was you could go out the back gate straight onto the beach please try them you wont be sorry great for a 3 star

Room Tip: high floor quiet 551 great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jefe Calidad S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Lunamar Apartments, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Judith,

Thank you very much for taking some time writing us your kind review. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is sure that we can not provide a lot of luxuries but we think that cleaness and friendsihp are really good weapons to make confortable our costumers' holidays.

We will be very happy if you would like to come with us sooner or next season, do not hesitate to contact us.

Once again thank you for trusting us and Meliá Hotels International.

Kind regards.

Quality Manager
glasgow,scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have just returned from staying at the sol lunamar for a week. I was attending a family betrothal party and just decided to make a week of it. I didn't ask for any specific type of room. I got room 108 which is at the side. The only view was of a kind of hedge, which covered a fence, and the large hotel beyond.I liked where the room was though, because it was always cool and comfortable. The terraces are set in such a way that you aren't side by side by your neighbours which I liked. My room was large, clean, and the bathroom, though tired, was immaculate.The terrace was large, about 7ft. by 10ft. The cleaners came in every day. I was very pleased with the accomodation.

The corridors, pool and bar area were always well kept and extremely clean. Reception was staffed by various young men who were always very helpful. I haven't been in self catering accomodation in 30 years and see myself as a hotel person but the Lunamar could change my mind.

As a resort Palma Nova hasn't changed a lot.The beach and sea are lovely, Parasols and sunbeds are 4.50 euros each per day. It's a good resort for families with smaller children.Magaluf has got bigger and more ghastly than ever.

Palma is nice to go to, and it costs 3 euros on the local buses which are often busy. Most people get off at the entrance to the city, where the cathedral is. This whole area is lovely but It can be worthwhile staying on the bus and going into the bus station. The bus station is large and has trains and the metro arriving there too. You see the range of buses going back to Palma Nova, and the times they're leaving. Outside is a nice tourist information office. You are about five minutes from the largest shopping area.

I would recommend this accomodation highly.

Room Tip: rooms at the side get more shade.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The girlfriend and I went here for a week on 24th July. Can't really fault the hotel. Have stayed 5* before and I knew this wasn't what I was getting, have stayed in similar places in Majorca before and this was up there with those. It's clean, it's friendly, it has what you need. Very close to the beach and bars. Very close to Maga for the nights you want something a bit more lively. Ate food in the hotel a couple of times and it was fine, but you'll get better for less if you walk 100 yards down the road. Hotel was a mix of nationalities, mainly Brits (Northerners and Welsh), French and annoying Swedish people!

In the day, chilling by the pool was great. Big enough pool and a well equipped bar, along with some dodgy music CDs. One thing that did get to me a bit was how slow the waiter is at the bar. He was serving the drinks, taking the food orders, walking the food orders to the kitchen and bringing the food out! Not his fault, anybody would struggle with that. But when you're stood there behind two people and he takes both their orders then walks to the kitchen to deliver the food orders before serving you two beers... after a while it starts to annoy you. Beer at the bar was good though, 2 euros 30 for a pint and two separate one hour happy hours where it was 2 pints for 2 euros 30! Make the most of that :-)

Rooms were basic and what we expected, pool views seem to come at a cost of an extra 16 euros per day! Not worth it in my opinion! Air con is a must, especially as you get the deposit back for it. Little tip... the air con turns off when you have the balcony door open! Not ideal! But if you unscrew the magnetic contact on the sliding door with a knife from the drawer, you can then let it stick to the other contact and you'll get air con with the door open :-) Cleaner came every two days and did a good job of the cleaning, clean towels, new bedding etc etc. By the way pillows were really rubbish, not so bad after a load of San Miguel's but the other half had a really bad neck coming towards the end of the holiday. The safe is also a rip off, can't remember exactly what it was, but it was an initial payment and then something like 10 euros per day! Equated to over 50 quid for the week... I passed!

Just to add, there's loads to do in the local area, down the beach and water parks etc. For those of you that are couples I'd suggest a trip to Portals Nous to sample Wellies. Taxi ride in about 8 euros. Try the fillet steaks... you won't regret it. We went once and then went back another night for secongs. Lovely area with a marina. 27 euros for a steak, well worth it.

Enjoy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sol Lunamar Apartments? Share your experiences!