“Really nice experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BelleVue Vistanova

Save Saved
You added BelleVue Vistanova to your Saves list
BelleVue Vistanova
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Berganti 2 | Urb Torrenova, 07183 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain (Formerly Hotel Hotetur Vistanova)   |
Ranked #33 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
london
“Really nice experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and had a really good experience. The food was lovely and to all tastes - the times could have been a longer as it only lasted for 2 hours meaning that you had to organize yourself. The rooms were very basic but very confortable. We didn't stay in the hotel very much as we were exploring the island a bit more. The hotel is a 5 min walk from palma nova beach and a 10 min walk to magaluf. We prefered palma nova as the water seemed clearer and it just seemed nicer. =) Overall, we found this hotel very good value for money and would recomend and def stay here again if back in Palma nova. And regarding noise during the night, only once we heard our neighbours having a bit of a party, but the reception was very quick to sort it all out and peace was restored.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We just came back from Palma and had stayed at the Vistanova Hotel. We came on the tour with no illusions having read the previous reviews but were hoping for the best. First thing , when you come to the hotel be prepared for the noise. The younger generation likes to drink, stay out late or early depending on how you look at it. The hotel is not the best if you are looking to go to sleep early. The walls are paper thin and you can hear every thing from singing in the streets to yelling on the other floors. Aside from that we had a great time. The food was good and varied (we ate vegetarian and had no problem). The rooms were basic but clean. he sea is a quicl 3 min walk from the hotel. Being in Palmanova you are in the center of action- pubs, discos, restaurants are all within a quick 5 min walk.
If you can disregard the noise factor (ear plugs or complaints to the desk), a great time can be had.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Returned today 04/08/2010, taken as a last minute 7 night holiday. Travelled with my 10yr old son and 78yr old mother. First of all please let me confirm this hotel is in Palma Nova. Yes....Magaluf is a stones throw away, but believe me Magaluf is a whole different resort. You are literally 2 minutes from Palma Nova's beautiful beach. You would have to walk considerably longer to be in Magaluf - Hence you are in PALMA NOVA!

We stayed on a half board basis and believe the food was very good. It catered for all different nationalities....as usual there is the full english breakfast if you want it, accompanied by free drinks-tea, coffee, fruit juice etc. The evening meal again was very good, with a varied choice every night, including vegetarian dishes if wanted. The hotel staff were very helpful, along with the waiters. The rooms were a bit on the compact side, not enough plug sockets, draw space or shelving in the bathroom......but we did only sleep in the room afterall, with was maid serviced every day.

On a daily basis we stayed on the beautiful beach which was a 2 minute walk down a hill with steps. My only advice is that it would not be suitable with the elderly who have walking difficulties, as I found out my my mother in question.

All in all we had a wonderful 7 night holiday, no noise or drunken behaviour that we saw. But yet again they all went up the road to Magaluf, so we had a peaceful stay and would certainly returned to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010
Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stayed here with a friend looking for a week of relaxation and typical Spanish style, sun, sea, sangria. I was really worried about staying at the hotel as I had booked before reading the terrible reviews. Firstly, the hotel is actually in Magaluf. The online description said on the border between Palma Nova. It is most definitely in the heart of Magaluf!! I was worried about having my belongings stolen after reading the reviews so got a safe which we had to pay 40 e for. The room was very small and basic, but was cleaned every day and was to be honest adequate. The staff who we had very little to do with were generally unfriendly with faces tripping them. Not the expected hospitality of a hotel! The pool is tiny and occupied by mainly lads so is quite intimidating. The main problem you will find here is the guests. Most don’t go out until midnight so if you’re a light sleeper you will be able to hear the noise from the strip until 7am daily. The occupants next to us played very loud music through the paper thin walls until around 3 – 4 am and one morning we woke up to a condom packet on our balcony – lovely!! At around 6am every morning there is banging and kicking of doors, shouting and screaming and one morning very strange people shouting FIRE - which there was not. The breakfast was adequate but pretty much the same every day and not much of a healthy option if you don’t feel like dripping grease daily. The hotel is, on the other hand very near to all the bars, restaurants and both lovely beaches. If you are not an avid clubber I would certainly not recommend this hotel or area. On stepping out onto the strip you are constantly hassled every few feet by people trying to pull you into bars and you may encounter suggestive comments towards the direction of the beach!! Currently you will probably also find that your holiday is generally ridiculously expensive for what it is. Don’t bother taking anything nice to wear as it doesn’t seem to matter and the streets are dirty with sick splashes which are cleaned every morning by the tolerant Spanish workers. A holiday is what you make it so if you find yourself here, get a safe, head towards the beach, order some sangria and keep your wits about you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Hotel was basic but clean, ideal location and in the middle of everything, although we didn't get much sleep, when we did go to bed, i couldn't hear any background noise which was ideal. The only down side was the pool is quite small for the size of the hotel, but then again its only a short walk to the beach which are actually really nice. The breakfast here is also very good!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Bideford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

After reading reviews I was vary wary of this hotel. I came with 4 other friends, and we asked for rooms near each other, but were on different floors at different ends. But that wasnt too much of a problem. The rooms are quite basic, but you've got all you need. The cleaners do a very good job. Yes, it can be very noisy at times, but what do you expect, you're in Magaluf!! Never heard of anyone getting their things stolen, which I was worried about. We did buy a safe though. Very convenient, close to both beaches, supermarket right opposite, and right at the start of the strip. The pool was lovely, yes it wasnt very big, but was nice to lie around the pool then jump in when it gets too hot. Food was bearable, Im a very fussy eater and I managed to find things to eat. Staff were friendly. Cant see how people can moan about this place, its value for money!!!! So dont listen to the reviews, I highly recommend it. But only if you're not planning on going bed early every night, cos most people dont start the night till midnight!!! Very enjoyable stay.

london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

6 of us stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and to be honest I have stayed in your average hotels but I found this hotel to be quite poor all round, the staff are rude and not helpful I had a stand up argument one evening because I was sitting in a chair I was not meant to be in, but rather than inform me that the particular area was closed after a certain time, the member of staff basically verbally attacked me saying to me in an agressive tone 'oi you cant sit there move now or I will call the police'. even once I had explained I was a guest at the hotel the abuse just continued and as for my complaint, I should have spoken with the trees outside!!!
The food is poor and god forbid you ask the staff any questions like 'can I have a knife and fork' as they simply grunt and point in a general direction of where there may be some cutlery, The room is of a very low standard and the AC does not work and from talking to other guests I found that the AC did not work any where in the hotel, so very sweaty nights.
Honestly I would rather slepp in a tent on the beach then here, your choice to stay here but for me NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to BelleVue Vistanova? Share your experiences!