We came to the hotel on 21st October for one week, our party comprised of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We were happy with the one bedroom apartment and there was plenty of room for us all, the view was fantastic looking out all across the bay. We were in room 687 which was one floor up from reception and two floors up from the restaurant, bar and pool area which was perfect. The hotel was perfectly situated 5 mins away from Magaluf and just above the beach at Palma Nova, I have seen some reviews saying about the hill, well we didn't think it was that hilly at all! but we live in cornwall and the beach is always downhill! simples! Besides you could walk along the boardwalk and se the lift up through the Hawaii hotel and just walk up the last bit if you really had to.
The chambermaids came round most days and came in and gave it a clean but we mainly just got towels off them because it really wasn't necessary to clean it everyday, they were very nice and helpful. The room and bathroom was clean and the decor was satisfactory, there was always plenty of hot water and a nice powerful shower with a brand new clean shower curtain. there was also a supply of toiletries if you needed it and a hairdrier. The beds were a little bit hard but each to their own. The kitchen had a fridge, kettle and toaster as well as the essentials although we mainly only used the fridge and kettle.
We had paid for all inclusive and found the food to be pretty good. The breakfast was the best meal of the day, they provided scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, fried eggs, bacon or ham, sausages, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, pancakes, cheese, rolls, toast, danish pastries, cereals, fruit, juice, coffee, tea and many other things so there was always something to choose from. The lunches and dinners were much the same as each other there was always soup, fresh warm bread, a selection of hot dishes, a full salad bar, cold meats and cheeses as well as a whole dessert table. There was plenty of junky food as well if that's your thing such as burgers, chips and hot dogs, that was popular with the teenagers! One night they had a Chinese theme and that was quite nice. At dinner and lunchtime they also supplied free wine, beer, juice and fizzy drinks that you could just help youself to. The dishes we liked the most were the ribs, the soup and fresh bread, the calamari, mackeral, turkey steak and the chilli. The desserts provided plenty of choice, we had these little deep fried things that we thought wre doughnuts but weren't! they came with a custardy sauce that was very tasty. I also enjoyed the pears poached in red wine and the blancmange. The staff in the restaurant worked very hard to keep the place tidy and clear away the plates.
We found the bar staff outside and inside to be very pleasant and they gave you whatever drinks you wanted, we didn't spend much time in the bar as it was mainly geared towards kiddies and parents but they all seemed to be enjoying it. We mainly went out at night after having a few free drinks at the hotel bar, Magaluf was pretty quiet but we had a good night on the last Saturday even though everything was closing down (27.10.12)
There were a lot of children and families at the hotel and it was quite noisy at times, but the type of building that it is (hard floors, concrete balconies, tiles ect) doesn't lend itself to soundproofing. However I am sure we were noisy one night or two as well (but not too late!)
We didn't have much to do with the reception staff but on the last day they took pity on us as we looked so ill and let us have a room to lie down in as our coach wasn't picking us up until 6pm and for that we are truly thankful!!!
All in all we enjoyed our stay and I probably would stay again but we tend to go to a new resort each year so probably won't visit again for a while, Gracias to all the staff, Adios!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is located in a quiet area right at the beachfront. This is a place for couples and families with children to enjoy true relaxation and entertainment. The aparthotel is located only a few metres from the well-known Palma Nova and Magaluf beaches.The spacious studios and apartments with terrace, the varied gastronomical buffet and the attentive staff are combined with entertainment programs for all ages, shops, sports, playgrounds for children and leisurely excursions to the surrounding areas at the aparthotel.All the service provided is coordinated by professionals who give you personalised attention with an eye for detail. The aparthotel services are:•2 pools for adults, one with a children's area•Air-conditioned buffet restaurant•Poolside bar•Cafe•Terrace with sun lounges•Internet Corner and WiFi (with charge)•24-hour reception in Spanish, English, German and French•Fax service•Outdoor game area•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies (free of charge). The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is made up of 170 studios and apartments in Torrenova. All of them have a fully equipped kitchen, satellite-TV, air-conditioning and heating, cots for babies that are free of charge, safe and WIFI (with charge), a terrace and a complete bathroom. They are very spacious, ideal for couples and families with children and can comfortably sleep from 3 to 5 persons.The studios consist of a room with 2 beds and a sofa bed, ideal to share between 2 adults and one child. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, a complete bathroom and a private terrace.The apartments are bigger and have a bedroom with 2 beds as well as a combined kitchen and lounge area with a fully equipped kitchen. They also come with 2 sofa beds, a complete bathroom and a terrace with uninterrupted views. They can sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child, or 2 adults and 2 children.The family apartments offer a comfortable stay for larger families, with 2 beds in the bedroom and 3 sofa beds in the lounge. The maximum number of guests in these rooms is 5: 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. The apartments are also equipped with a private terrace, a complete bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Hotel Palma Nova
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Calvia
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Hotel Calvia
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca