Stayed here for a week with my two friends, as our first girl holiday after exams etc. Read loads of reviews on the hotel as we wanted an affordable getaway but a decent hotel. All I can say is I'm really glad I did, as there were others we knew who stayed in other hotels (some paid more) which were not as good as this one.
On arrival: When our coach stopped outside our hotel I was impressed as it looked very pleasant even from the outside. The reception area is also really nice and modern. We didn't arrive at the hotel until around 2am, thanks to our transfer waiting for somebody at the airport for about 2 hours even though they're only meant to wait for an hour tops. Then they didn't come, great. But anyway, was impressed that checking in at that time was a breeze, I think we had to fill in a little form and that was about it. Also really happy because our apartment was just around the corner from the reception, which made it high up (because the hotel is on a hill and has lower apartments) yet was also on the same level as the reception floor. We asked for a sea view on lowcostholidays aswell which we also got.
The room: After reading a few more reviews on here I know that some or most of the rooms are upgraded, but ours wasn't. Wasn't a problem however because the room was pleasant enough. Also read reviews that say their rooms smelt etc but ours was fine and really clean. Towels were changed everyday and beds made everyday. We got new sheets once and you get them changed twice if you stay for two weeks, makes sense really. Had a tv, an oldish one, we were impressed to find it had e4 for a bit of pre-going-out/morning entertainment. We booked it for 2 adults and 1 child as our other friend was 17. This means that we got a sofa bed, but we expected this anyway. The sofa bed was comfy enough, and so were the beds. They aren't rock hard but they aren't super soft, I thought they were just right really. Overall I was very happy with our room, the only problem we had with it was the plug in the kitchen area as it blew the fuse a few times. The first, I went to reception to which the lady politely told me to unplug whatever was in the plug socket lift all the fuses back up, but the second time this did not work, so we had no electricity etc. We went to reception again but it was earlier on in the morning (we were hungry and needed toast haha) but he couldn't work out what was wrong, and didn't know where the key was for the main fuse box thingy. He told us that there were no technitions around at the time (understandable as it was early in the morning) and so he said he'd be there in the morning at around 7am. I was quite worried because of air condiditoning being off and getting too hot, however I didn't and the next morning when we woke everything was working again. Happy times. Moral of the story do not try to cook toast in the early hours of the morning. :P
The pool area: Was also really impressed by the pool area/sunbed area for a number of reasons. One is that it was very clean, including inside the pool itself. When I first went for a dip it was really slimy from the chemicals but I think they'd just cleaned it because it was fine after that. Also is the fact that there is also plenty of sunbeds, any time of the day. We first went down to the pool area at around 10am and so could get a parasol. There normally aren't parasols after midday for a few hours which is expected, as it was boiling. However, if you don't manage to get a parasol there are plenty of places in the shade where you can drag your sunbed to. The view from the area is also brilliant, right over the sea and you can see plenty of hill/mountainous areas which was nice and relaxing. Overall, the pool/sunbed area is a good mix of shade and sun, parasol or not, and so can suit anybody.
The location: Perfect. We came to basically be able to access the strip but also have a more family orientated hotel because we didn't want noise and games and whatever that comes with the young hotels. It is on a hill, but you can turn this into a positive because it gets you a bit of exercise! We made the mistake of going upwards towards the strip which takes twice as long, whereas its actually a 2 minute walk DOWN the hill. There is also a supermarket about 100 metres (if that, can't work it out) down the hill, which was open literally all the time (only closed between 3 and 7 I think). It sold loadssss and so was really convenient. I think there are also a couple of other things around it like a restuarant bar called Ruby's. The lady outside inviting you in is really friendly, felt bad for never going really. The beach is also literally about 100 metres away, just past the shops. Was a lovely beach, even though we only went once, as we decided just to stay round the pool area. You pay for the sunbeds on the beach (don't know how much) and we thought we mayaswell stay at the pool where there was always plenty. Also, just before/overlooking the beach is a really nice restuarant called the Blue Bar, I recommend going, we went often. Also, they did the nicest strawberry daqueries, and the food was also nice, especially the lasagne! For any strip goers it's just down the road past the beach then up abit. Also just before the strip are a few shops what sell millions of souvenirs, tobacco etc. There is also a bank. Basically I thought the hotel was very well placed as there is basically everything you need right around it. Remember that another positive of being on the hill is the brill views!
The food and drink: We stayed at this hotel self catering, and so never went into the restaurant. I never heard anybody complain about the food in the restaurant however, if that helps. It always smelt really nice too. I wish we'd have gone all inclusive now, as we didn't eat very well. The pool bar is a bit weird as all inclusive's have to pay (although it is lower than self catering). Well I don't think you have to pay for certain things such as soft drinks and lager, but some of the food and other drinks etc. However I think you can go into the restuarant for snacks if you are all inclusive so you don't have to pay. The cocktails were 3 euro's, and I wasn't really keen on any flavours but my friend enjoyed them so I guess they must be decent enough. I recommend the cheese toastie's from the pool bar, they are the best ever, I really miss them haha. Coke was quite expensive I think 1.80 but oh well. Chips there are the same everywhere in Majorca it seems- fries. The bar staff were always friendly, but if you buy food make sure you keep your receipt because at one point I bought a toastie and chips, and got the toastie but they didn't give me the chips. I asked them about it and they didn't believe I'd bought them, and I showed them the receipt and they were quite confused, but oh well. I got them eventually.
Guests and suitability: I found that there were an equal mix of all different kinds of guests. There weren't many couples, especially older couples but there were a few non the less. There were quite a few families, and I think that they gathered mainly around the pool area we stayed near, as my friend went to the other pool and said it was lots of young people and couples. I thought the hotel looked quite good for kids, there was pool activities etc and also a play area inside near the pool. There were quite a few groups of young people like us, and at first there was nobody rowdy but then there were a group of boys who were getting quite rowdy much to the annoyance of a family sat near us. Also, at night towards the end of the stay, there was so much noise coming from the pool area, some really rowdy and I think young lads and girls. Quite annoying really but I think they were shut up by security guards. However I don't think it's just younger people, as there were a few really loud families where the adults got drunk and loud, and yes it was during the day but it was still annoying when you just want to relax. At night, the security guards roam around a lot which is good, and they shut everybody up. At one point he came into our room as it had just reached twelve and we had our music on. We lost track of time (as you can't be loud sort of thing after twelve) and did not do this on purpose, and switched it off accordingly. Overall I think it is a mixed hotel, as expected because it has plenty of family things around but also the strip really nearby.
Checking out: You check out the hotel at 10am. All you have to do is give your keys in so that's stress free, I thought there would be forms or something. We stayed in the reception for a while, and this is when I noticed the computers for anybody wanted to go online for whatever price. At the point there was a lady who was not happy because she had paid quite a lot of money, and had brought her husband and 3 kids. She had a room over a dustbin which had 2 single beds and 1 sofa bed. This was obviously rubbish for her family of 5, because we had the same room, and told her so, and so she spoke to reception and they got her another room, which I believe was quite quickly really. This is the only time I heard somebody complain/not be happy with the hotel, but it was resolved, even though this should probably not have been the case with such a small room in the first place.
If you've come to party, I recommend BCM and Majorca Rocks hotel, both brill!
Overall, I was really impressed with this hotel, and if I was ever to return to the area, whether Magaluf or Palma Nova or anywhere nearby, this would definitely be the place that I would stay. Thankyou Hawaii Terrenova for being very suitable for our holiday! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is located in a quiet area right at the beachfront. This is a place for couples and families with children to enjoy true relaxation and entertainment. The aparthotel is located only a few metres from the well-known Palma Nova and Magaluf beaches.The spacious studios and apartments with terrace, the varied gastronomical buffet and the attentive staff are combined with entertainment programs for all ages, shops, sports, playgrounds for children and leisurely excursions to the surrounding areas at the aparthotel.All the service provided is coordinated by professionals who give you personalised attention with an eye for detail. The aparthotel services are:•2 pools for adults, one with a children's area•Air-conditioned buffet restaurant•Poolside bar•Cafe•Terrace with sun lounges•Internet Corner and WiFi (with charge)•24-hour reception in Spanish, English, German and French•Fax service•Outdoor game area•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies (free of charge). The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is made up of 170 studios and apartments in Torrenova. All of them have a fully equipped kitchen, satellite-TV, air-conditioning and heating, cots for babies that are free of charge, safe and WIFI (with charge), a terrace and a complete bathroom. They are very spacious, ideal for couples and families with children and can comfortably sleep from 3 to 5 persons.The studios consist of a room with 2 beds and a sofa bed, ideal to share between 2 adults and one child. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, a complete bathroom and a private terrace.The apartments are bigger and have a bedroom with 2 beds as well as a combined kitchen and lounge area with a fully equipped kitchen. They also come with 2 sofa beds, a complete bathroom and a terrace with uninterrupted views. They can sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child, or 2 adults and 2 children.The family apartments offer a comfortable stay for larger families, with 2 beds in the bedroom and 3 sofa beds in the lounge. The maximum number of guests in these rooms is 5: 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. The apartments are also equipped with a private terrace, a complete bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Hotel Palma Nova
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Calvia
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Hotel Calvia
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca