“Great hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova

Save Saved
You added Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova to your Saves list
Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Torrenova 3-5 | Calvia, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #9 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
“Great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for a week with my two friends, as our first girl holiday after exams etc. Read loads of reviews on the hotel as we wanted an affordable getaway but a decent hotel. All I can say is I'm really glad I did, as there were others we knew who stayed in other hotels (some paid more) which were not as good as this one.

On arrival: When our coach stopped outside our hotel I was impressed as it looked very pleasant even from the outside. The reception area is also really nice and modern. We didn't arrive at the hotel until around 2am, thanks to our transfer waiting for somebody at the airport for about 2 hours even though they're only meant to wait for an hour tops. Then they didn't come, great. But anyway, was impressed that checking in at that time was a breeze, I think we had to fill in a little form and that was about it. Also really happy because our apartment was just around the corner from the reception, which made it high up (because the hotel is on a hill and has lower apartments) yet was also on the same level as the reception floor. We asked for a sea view on lowcostholidays aswell which we also got.

The room: After reading a few more reviews on here I know that some or most of the rooms are upgraded, but ours wasn't. Wasn't a problem however because the room was pleasant enough. Also read reviews that say their rooms smelt etc but ours was fine and really clean. Towels were changed everyday and beds made everyday. We got new sheets once and you get them changed twice if you stay for two weeks, makes sense really. Had a tv, an oldish one, we were impressed to find it had e4 for a bit of pre-going-out/morning entertainment. We booked it for 2 adults and 1 child as our other friend was 17. This means that we got a sofa bed, but we expected this anyway. The sofa bed was comfy enough, and so were the beds. They aren't rock hard but they aren't super soft, I thought they were just right really. Overall I was very happy with our room, the only problem we had with it was the plug in the kitchen area as it blew the fuse a few times. The first, I went to reception to which the lady politely told me to unplug whatever was in the plug socket lift all the fuses back up, but the second time this did not work, so we had no electricity etc. We went to reception again but it was earlier on in the morning (we were hungry and needed toast haha) but he couldn't work out what was wrong, and didn't know where the key was for the main fuse box thingy. He told us that there were no technitions around at the time (understandable as it was early in the morning) and so he said he'd be there in the morning at around 7am. I was quite worried because of air condiditoning being off and getting too hot, however I didn't and the next morning when we woke everything was working again. Happy times. Moral of the story do not try to cook toast in the early hours of the morning. :P

The pool area: Was also really impressed by the pool area/sunbed area for a number of reasons. One is that it was very clean, including inside the pool itself. When I first went for a dip it was really slimy from the chemicals but I think they'd just cleaned it because it was fine after that. Also is the fact that there is also plenty of sunbeds, any time of the day. We first went down to the pool area at around 10am and so could get a parasol. There normally aren't parasols after midday for a few hours which is expected, as it was boiling. However, if you don't manage to get a parasol there are plenty of places in the shade where you can drag your sunbed to. The view from the area is also brilliant, right over the sea and you can see plenty of hill/mountainous areas which was nice and relaxing. Overall, the pool/sunbed area is a good mix of shade and sun, parasol or not, and so can suit anybody.

The location: Perfect. We came to basically be able to access the strip but also have a more family orientated hotel because we didn't want noise and games and whatever that comes with the young hotels. It is on a hill, but you can turn this into a positive because it gets you a bit of exercise! We made the mistake of going upwards towards the strip which takes twice as long, whereas its actually a 2 minute walk DOWN the hill. There is also a supermarket about 100 metres (if that, can't work it out) down the hill, which was open literally all the time (only closed between 3 and 7 I think). It sold loadssss and so was really convenient. I think there are also a couple of other things around it like a restuarant bar called Ruby's. The lady outside inviting you in is really friendly, felt bad for never going really. The beach is also literally about 100 metres away, just past the shops. Was a lovely beach, even though we only went once, as we decided just to stay round the pool area. You pay for the sunbeds on the beach (don't know how much) and we thought we mayaswell stay at the pool where there was always plenty. Also, just before/overlooking the beach is a really nice restuarant called the Blue Bar, I recommend going, we went often. Also, they did the nicest strawberry daqueries, and the food was also nice, especially the lasagne! For any strip goers it's just down the road past the beach then up abit. Also just before the strip are a few shops what sell millions of souvenirs, tobacco etc. There is also a bank. Basically I thought the hotel was very well placed as there is basically everything you need right around it. Remember that another positive of being on the hill is the brill views!

The food and drink: We stayed at this hotel self catering, and so never went into the restaurant. I never heard anybody complain about the food in the restaurant however, if that helps. It always smelt really nice too. I wish we'd have gone all inclusive now, as we didn't eat very well. The pool bar is a bit weird as all inclusive's have to pay (although it is lower than self catering). Well I don't think you have to pay for certain things such as soft drinks and lager, but some of the food and other drinks etc. However I think you can go into the restuarant for snacks if you are all inclusive so you don't have to pay. The cocktails were 3 euro's, and I wasn't really keen on any flavours but my friend enjoyed them so I guess they must be decent enough. I recommend the cheese toastie's from the pool bar, they are the best ever, I really miss them haha. Coke was quite expensive I think 1.80 but oh well. Chips there are the same everywhere in Majorca it seems- fries. The bar staff were always friendly, but if you buy food make sure you keep your receipt because at one point I bought a toastie and chips, and got the toastie but they didn't give me the chips. I asked them about it and they didn't believe I'd bought them, and I showed them the receipt and they were quite confused, but oh well. I got them eventually.

Guests and suitability: I found that there were an equal mix of all different kinds of guests. There weren't many couples, especially older couples but there were a few non the less. There were quite a few families, and I think that they gathered mainly around the pool area we stayed near, as my friend went to the other pool and said it was lots of young people and couples. I thought the hotel looked quite good for kids, there was pool activities etc and also a play area inside near the pool. There were quite a few groups of young people like us, and at first there was nobody rowdy but then there were a group of boys who were getting quite rowdy much to the annoyance of a family sat near us. Also, at night towards the end of the stay, there was so much noise coming from the pool area, some really rowdy and I think young lads and girls. Quite annoying really but I think they were shut up by security guards. However I don't think it's just younger people, as there were a few really loud families where the adults got drunk and loud, and yes it was during the day but it was still annoying when you just want to relax. At night, the security guards roam around a lot which is good, and they shut everybody up. At one point he came into our room as it had just reached twelve and we had our music on. We lost track of time (as you can't be loud sort of thing after twelve) and did not do this on purpose, and switched it off accordingly. Overall I think it is a mixed hotel, as expected because it has plenty of family things around but also the strip really nearby.

Checking out: You check out the hotel at 10am. All you have to do is give your keys in so that's stress free, I thought there would be forms or something. We stayed in the reception for a while, and this is when I noticed the computers for anybody wanted to go online for whatever price. At the point there was a lady who was not happy because she had paid quite a lot of money, and had brought her husband and 3 kids. She had a room over a dustbin which had 2 single beds and 1 sofa bed. This was obviously rubbish for her family of 5, because we had the same room, and told her so, and so she spoke to reception and they got her another room, which I believe was quite quickly really. This is the only time I heard somebody complain/not be happy with the hotel, but it was resolved, even though this should probably not have been the case with such a small room in the first place.

If you've come to party, I recommend BCM and Majorca Rocks hotel, both brill!

Overall, I was really impressed with this hotel, and if I was ever to return to the area, whether Magaluf or Palma Nova or anywhere nearby, this would definitely be the place that I would stay. Thankyou Hawaii Terrenova for being very suitable for our holiday! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 578, what a great room! I recommend it, even though it was not upgraded. It was a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear rissCantrill_. Thank you very much for your feedback. We are always grateful to know you have decided to take time out of your day to pen a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are proud to hear you enjoyed your holiday with your friends and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel with our 13yrs old son.

Loved this hotel, only issue was the groups of young people staying at the hotel coming in at 3, 4 and 5 in the morning and making a lot of noise. On arrival reception warned us that there were a lot of young people staying and if there were any problems in the night then we should ring reception and security would sort it out. We had to do this on a number of occassions and to be fair, security did sort it out quickly, but by then your wide awake yourself. We were glad to get home to get a good nights sleep.

We booked the holiday through Jet2 who market this hotel as being suitable for families and couples. There are childrens play areas and entertainment and there were a lot of families staying there and the groups of youths were in the minority. It's just unlucky if they happen to be in rooms near you. I heard a number of other people complaining when I was in the reception area, I felt sorry for the staff having to deal with the complaints with people demanding to change rooms, one woman said she'd seen a young woman throw up in the pool the night before. The hotel really needs to decide if it wants families of groups of youths, I don't feel its fair on their customers if they continue to mix.

On the positive side the view from the large sun terrace with the two swimming pools is spectacular and there was never any shortage of sunbeds or tables and chairs. We found all of the staff very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the food and don't understand how people can complain, there always seemed a varied selection and I would like to pass on my compliments to the chef.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear FredandFlorence. Thank you very much for your review. All your comments are greatly appreciated and always help us to improve our customer service. As you request, we will forward your food comment onto the chef of the hotel.

On the other hand, we have taken note about your "young group" comments (we will forward them to the Director of the Aparthotel) in order to improve our customer service in the near future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again if you come back to Palma Nova.

glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

After reading the young man alex's review I thought I should write mine to reflect the true nature of this hotel. This is the fifth year we have gone to Intertur hotels in Majorca, 3 years in the Hawaii Hotel and 2 years in Hawaii Torrenova. The apartments have all been upgraded with flat screen tvs and have been painted. The staff are great, very friendly especially the animation team who work hard day and night. The apts are cleaned daily and towels are replaced on a daily basis if you require them. The bar staff are not impolite, they are hard working individuals who are having to put up with abusive groups of young men and women who have no manners never mind respect for anyone else other than themself. Meals are repetitive but you would really need to be an exceptionally fussy eater to not find something you like. This is a family hotel or I wouldn't have been back so many times, its the first time I have experienced so many groups of young people in this hotel. I know the management were really unhappy about the behaviour of some them and 1 group were put out as they were having a party and dropped a bottle from their balcony which smashed and injured a child who had to have stitches put in their wound. Would I go back again? Yes if there was a guarantee that no groups of young people would be there and if there is going to be groups there then no I wouldn't.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and don't be afraid to complain about noise and bad language
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear jjaaGlasgow. Thank you very much for your comment and for all the information you provide us. We are really sorry to hear all the comments all our guests say about young groups due to we always try to offer the best services for families and couples. We have always tried to avoid young groups at our aparthotel, but it is really difficult for us to know what the travel agencies are selling (sometimes they do not inform the guests about that the hotel is not for young people but for families and couples).

These last two weeks we have had problems with some groups that we have not hesitate in putting out of the aparthotel (in order to guarantee the best services for the other guests who try to enjoy their family holiday). But today (08/08) the aparthotel has many less groups of young people.

We hope you give give us the chance to meet your expectations in the future.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week and i was there for 7 nights. I was with 10 other 18 years olds and honestly we were all there for a good wild drunken holiday. This hotel was perfect for just that, it was full of young groups like ourselves. The all inclusive free bar that fed our cheap nights out was great but, the bar staff are miserable and are sometimes really impolite. The days were quite and perfect for long lie ins and all day naps. You could always get a sunbed through the day even our group of 11 managed to get sunbeds all together which was very useful and a pleasant change from most hotels.
The entertainment was limited put participation was poor so there was little demand for it. I took part in two yoga classes for a bit of a change and initially a laugh but ended up doing it again, the instructor was very nice and she knew what she was doing. Entertainment was every night with a kids disco followed by a cheesy act for example Robbie Williams tribute or the 'snake show'. The pools were basic but okay.
The food was amazing the first day just because i was able to indulge into mountains of junk food but after too much alcohol and a lack of sleep the food very soon became very sickly! It was all plastic tacky food such as pizzas and chicken nuggets with the odd Spanish fish dish here and there.I couldn't tell you about breakfast as i never attended but lunch and tea was very samish.
The hotel was very close to the strip which was perfect for going out at night and also for finding your way back in the morning. Because of this i would advise, DO NOT COME AS A FAMILY WITH YOUNG KIDS OR A COUPLE EXPECTING A QUITE GET AWAY! I don't understand why people do but i really recommend you don't.
would definitely recommend BCM for a couple of nights out!
The western water park is a good laugh but the price is not what it seems it is 25 euros entry plus 10 euros for an average meal, 6 euros a pint, 8 euros for a dingy and a locker plus 3 euros for a sunbed. So look to spend more like 60 euros for a good day there.

Overall i would recommend it for a group of friends on a party holiday but not for families and kids.
And be prepared to get dragged into every single bar and club, it does get tiriing!

Alex

Room Tip: All rooms are so different but the floors under the 5th floor have the best views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear alex c. After reading your comments regarding our property we would like to point out that the Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova is geared towards families and couples. We try our very best to avoid accepting groups of youths in order to avoid these situations. Unfortunatelly due to the way reservations are made we cannot always control who is arriving to our hotels but when we receive notice of large groups wanting to book we do not accept. We did find ourselves with a larger than normal occupancy of youths during the dates you were at our hotel some of which were evicted due to bad behaviour. This is not the norm in any of our hotels.

The entertainments programme, the food and everything in general is directed to couples and families with children. We do not normally receive many complaints about these services and we are continually implementing new ideas directed towards this market.

Intertur Hotels
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Fantastic location and views room 608 small but very nice for a couple. No noise from rooms either side!

we were half board meals were ok but we did end up eating out a few times.

Soft drinks and water were very expensive for what you got.

Would def go back just for the location alone

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sichez. Thank you very much for your comment. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you stay again with us if you decide to come back to Mallorca in the future.

england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Read revews and was a bit wary, but the apts are great.Everything except a bottle opener was there - even a tea towel, very clean and staff friendly.
The only problem was noisy lads comingin at 3,4,5 o'clock in the morning but after a complaint to the desk it was better.
Don't know about the food as we were self - catering.
Staying here to visit my son who works in Magaluff.

Room Tip: A higher room might stop the noise from lads coming in early morning.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest. Thank you very much for your comment. We are happy to know your stay with us was satisfactory.

We are looking forward to seeing you again if you decide to come back to Palma Nova.

Paisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here at the Hawaii apartments last year for 7 days with my 5 and 2 year old and had a fantastic time. Wish I had returned here this year instead of Ibiza. The apartment was spotless and had the best sea view I have ever seen. The food was good, you could always find something to eat. The entertainment was good. My kids enjoyed the kids disco and the entertainment staff always kept them amused. The beach was beautiful and you had the choice of strolling around Palma nova or going partying in magaluf if you are looking for something livelier. Will defiantly be returning next year.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the sea you wont regret it. You can sit on the balcony and stare at all the beaut...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Deborah M. Thakn you very much for your comment. We are proud to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us in Mallorca and to hear your children enjoyed with our entertainment staff. We will forward your comment to them.

We are looking forward to seeing you again if you decide to come back to Mallorca.

Intertur Hotels Team

Been to Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova? Share your experiences!