“hotel hawaii torrenova” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova

You added Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova to your Saves list
Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Torrenova 3-5 | Calvia, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“hotel hawaii torrenova”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went for a week all inclusive and would first like to say that i will not be back,
where shall i start.

Hotel basic ( but you get what you pay for)hot food dreadful ,breakfast good for first 3 days then cold and chips added to menu for breakfast ,great if you like pizza for tea everyday , salad bar good selection as was the sweet,

Rooms very basic ( not even a bottle or tin opener in draw)
bed not bad but another family who where with us said bed was like sleeping on a rock.
biggest complaint was the noise as this hotel is on the main road and you hear every bus , car , person, cat and dog from about 5 am onwards

If this was in the summer then it would have been unbearable
Staff friendly and helpful

Overall if you want a cheap holiday with no sleep then hawaii torrenova is for you , i would say go to palma nova but please pick another hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Just back from the Hawaii apartments and on the whole, it wasn't that bad. We did the usual trip advisor checks to see what it was like and were a bit worried about some of the negative reviews that were being posted. I always keep an open mind about Trip advisor reviews, tending to find that a bad experience on holiday usually gets blown out of all proportion, but none the less, I was a bit worried about some comments about security and noise. I needn't have worried about the former as I found the complex a safe place for families to relax in. As for the latter, there was some noise at night of people returning from the bar, but not enough for me to foam at the mouth and threaten to expose the hotel to a bad review!
We booked this holiday through On The Beach (for the second time) and the holiday started with a very decent flight on Easyjet. Absolutely no problems with the experience and actually enjoyed the flight. On landing at Palma, our transfer was waiting for us and about 60 minutes later we were dropped off at the Hawaii Apartments. Check in was handled very well by a pleasant member of staff who clearly explained the layout of the complex. We were very lucky to be given an apartment that looked right on to Palmanova. I did do some checking later to see the other apartments and their views. Although most are looking out over the sea, there are some better than others. The apartment was clean and basic and would suit us fine.the only real complaint about the apartment was the beds were very uncomfortable. We caught the last of the Saturday nights entertainment and enjoyed a drink in the bar.
Next morning was our first experience of the dining room and I was pleasantly surprised. Great selection of different breakfast items from English to continental with freshly baked bread every day. Waiting staff were quick in clearing tables and the tables were well laid out. Good sized dining room but I think it would get very busy in the high season. Lunch, again was a very good assortment of dishes and salads and a fantastic range of sweets and fruit. Beer and wine was on tap at lunch and dinner and the food was very good. Same for dinner as well. No complaints whatsoever about the dining room or the food.
Hawaii apartments are situated about 200 yards from the beach and shops, down a bit of a hill. Getting back up would be just about manageable for someone with walking difficulties. The beach is great, with soft sand and a shallow sea shore. Expect to pay around 11 euro for 2 loungers with a shade. Lots of places to eat close to the beach with the usual fare. Eating out could become quite expensive.
The Hawaii entertainment was pretty naff but it always is in these places. We did struggle to find a seat as they were taken up quite quickly, We did get friendly with another family and managed to sit with them most nights.Good kids facilities with a mini disco and entertainers.
All in all, the Hawaii Torrenova was a decent place for a decent price, costing around 28 euro per night per person all inclusive.Would I stay here again? I think the answer would be yes.
Certainly not as bad as other people were making it out to be.

Room Tip: Ask for an "uninterrupted" sea view
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I travelled with my partner and 2 children from 17 Oct to 25 Oct 2011. The room was clean and the bedding was changed twice and the room cleaned daily. The staff were very helpful and spoke excellent english. We had a 7 night all inc holiday which my sons, aged 13 and 16 enjoyed very much. There was a 3 course meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks were available from 11am to 6pm at the bar. The was a wide variety of food available even for fussy eaters (one of my sons) both for vegetarians and meat eaters. The pools were in the shade most of the day, but this is probably due to the time we visited the hotel it could be better in the summer months.The only thing I would fault was the entertainment, I understand the first hour being dedicated to the children this was fine, but after this, It was not entertaining at all. Having to endure bingo every night was bad but the entertainment laid on by the hotel left a lot to be desired. (not sure if this was a plan to get guests to leave the premises so that less alcohol would be consumed during your all inclusive stay?) Then after the so called entertainment they would get the children up again for more mind numbing children entertainment songs.

Over all the days were great but the nights could do with updating.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool/sea veiw are better as the rooms facing the front of the hotel would get a lot...
South Lanarkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Just returned from an 8-day All-Inclusive break with the family. We booked a few weeks before the half-term break and as the price was reasonably low for all-inclusive, opted for these apartments.

We arrived late on the Saturday night and were given room 280. It felt strange to actually go down to your room, rather than up to the 2nd floor. Having deduced from the layout, that we would be looking out over the bay, we were somewhat dissappointed to have a row of trees blocking our view from the room. The apartment was very basic, but big enough for our needs. After all, it was only really for sleeping in. A word of caution though! This room was two floors below the pool bar area and you could feel the vibration and noise of the staff re-positioning the table and chairs from about just after 8am.

The pool area was adequate for this time of year, but could imagine it being cramped in the summer months. Didn't venture in the pools, as I had read previous reviews of how cold it was, even in late August / early September. Our children also confirmed this, as they only really dipped their legs in on the odd occasion, which is really unusual for them.

I have to say that contrary to a lot of reviews, I didn't find the range of food on offer to be very good. I know that it is only 3*, but I did expect a bit more choice to be on offer. I am certainly not a fussy eater and can usually find something to eat, but on one evening, I had a plate of soup and a plate of salad for dinner. I have had better in other 3* properties.

The lounge area we found to be very noisy in the evenings. I don't know if it was down to the ceiling being quite low, but at times you had to almost shout at one another to be heard. It would have been nice if they had another lounge, away from the entertainment, where you could relax a little more. My main gripe with the lounge in the evening, was the fact that they still served your drinks in plastic cups. I can understand this at the pool area, but expected a bit better in the lounge in the evening. We had a laugh one night, when after dinner, I asked for two coffees, and was given them in polystyrene cups!! They have a nice big coffee machine just at the edge of the bar, but it never seemed to be used.

Maybe we were just unlucky with it being the time of year and things are different in the summer months. The apartments close this weekend I believe, so maybe that had something to do with the food and facilities in the lounge.

All in all, based on the price we paid, it was adequate for a little piece of winter sun. I don't expect we will return for anything like a fortnight in the summer season, but if the price was right, we may consider for a winter of spring break. There are too many places further afield, which offer better quality in every aspect, which I am sure wouldn't be that much more expensive to these apartments in the summer months.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 4th floor or higher.
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed here for two weeks from 9th to 23rd October. We were actually booked into the Waikiki apartments, but were transferred for some reason never explained, but from talking to other people at the resort it seems to be a complete matter of chance where you are put. One couple was supposed to be in the Hawaii Hotel, but were sent to the Waikiki, and were not pleased at all.
We had a one bedroom apartment for the two of us, which we like since it enables us to sleep in different rooms (noisy sleeper). The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable, with minimum self catering equipment.
The reception is on the 5th floor at street level, and the pool, restaurant and bars were on the 4th floor. We were on the 7th floor, without access to a lift and we were not alone in struggling to take our luggage up the outside stone steps, wide enough for only one person. Not too bad going up and down by ourselves, but when we came to leave just before daylight there was no lighting on these stairs. My husband is 70 and I am 66, but we saw much younger people finding the stairs hard work. All that exercise meant we didn't put weight on though.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hatton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Was a bit worried about staying at this hotel after reading some of the previous reviews especially about the food, but dont beleive a word of it as the food was great. My title says it all really about the appartments/hotel as there are no baby changing facilities within the complex and the pools are minus 5 at best and there is no way any sensible person would allow an infant into them! The pools are also in the shade all day and alot of the terrace is too, in my opinion the hotel is built in the wrong place for the sun (better at the other side of the bay for sun).

We asked for a top floor appartment and was given one when we arrived, much to our suprise the lift only went to the floor below ours which meant that we had 2 flights of stairs to go up and down with a pushchair, i asked to move the following day and was moved to room 380 which doesnt have the best view in the world but was prob the best room there for access to everything. Rooms are basic and fairly clean but you can hear a pin drop or noisy drunks at 3am!!

The entertainment team do well for being only 2 of them(1 of which runs the kids club), daytime entertainment is DIRE!!! Evening entertainment is like butlins and if you are affraid of snakes stay away from the snake show!!!!

Resteraunt is well layed out with a good selection of food available at all meal times, only drawback is that even though you are All Inclusive you have to pay for snacks between mealtimes although there is a notice stating all inc snacks in the resteraunt from 10.45 - 12.30 and from 15.30 - 18.00(this is completely untrue). Waiters can be a bit of a hit or a miss unless you are female and big breast with blonde hair!! Quite ignorant actually.

Weather was good for the week with high 20s for most of the time, and the views are breathtaking over Palma Bay. One thing the travel agents or the brochures dont tell you is that the hotel/appartments are set on a very steep hill, so if you have difficulty walking etc then stay away.

We met some wonderful people there (Lorraine the teacher from Skye, her hubby and son) and found most people to be very nice, Our 12 week old baby was a real hit with alot of the guests but this hotel wasnt for us. Im not slating this hotel as its a pretty nice place if you like this sort of thing but just wasnt for us, we wouldnt go back to majorca but would recommend to suitable people. Just a point about the Pirate Show, book through the hotel and defo not your tour rep especially if its THOMAS COOK as they just want commision, we bought tickets then to find out there arent allowed pushchairs in to it which our rep knew about but just said "oh it will be fine" i asked for confirmation and then i got my cash back when she told us we couldnt take a pushchair!!! Thomas Cook Rep never at the hotel and rarely answer the phone, prob cheaper to get a seperate deal instead of a package as we did. I hope you find this review helpful as i have tried to be as honest as possible without going off on one!!!! hahahah

Room Tip: Top floor if stairs arent a problem as the view is magical, room 886 defo!!!
London town
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Looks like its standard practise to overbook this place and then send guests to prison camp they call Apartments Waikiki across the road as lots of guests we spoke to had the same done to them. I only booked the Hawaii for the sea views so was disappointed to be sent to this dump its like a prison camp what total dull place the rooms were old and dark, the pool area was like a small box total crap lucky we could use the other hotel for the pool. We was upgraded to half board for the overbooking but please the food was so bad its was not worth going i only just managed to eat breakfast. The staff in the restaurant 2 young Spanish lads did not have a clue i was waiting for a clean table for ages in the end just cleaned up and got my own also never got a any glasses when i asked them 2 times i just gave up in the end. I was looking at the rooms at the Hawaii and was asking around and people was saying that some rooms are empty but the hotel was waiting for tour offered bookings to come at the weekend so my room was left empty and i was sent to colditz.

Room Tip: Dont go the waikiki !!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova? Share your experiences!