Was a bit worried about staying at this hotel after reading some of the previous reviews especially about the food, but dont beleive a word of it as the food was great. My title says it all really about the appartments/hotel as there are no baby changing facilities within the complex and the pools are minus 5 at best and there is no way any sensible person would allow an infant into them! The pools are also in the shade all day and alot of the terrace is too, in my opinion the hotel is built in the wrong place for the sun (better at the other side of the bay for sun).
We asked for a top floor appartment and was given one when we arrived, much to our suprise the lift only went to the floor below ours which meant that we had 2 flights of stairs to go up and down with a pushchair, i asked to move the following day and was moved to room 380 which doesnt have the best view in the world but was prob the best room there for access to everything. Rooms are basic and fairly clean but you can hear a pin drop or noisy drunks at 3am!!
The entertainment team do well for being only 2 of them(1 of which runs the kids club), daytime entertainment is DIRE!!! Evening entertainment is like butlins and if you are affraid of snakes stay away from the snake show!!!!
Resteraunt is well layed out with a good selection of food available at all meal times, only drawback is that even though you are All Inclusive you have to pay for snacks between mealtimes although there is a notice stating all inc snacks in the resteraunt from 10.45 - 12.30 and from 15.30 - 18.00(this is completely untrue). Waiters can be a bit of a hit or a miss unless you are female and big breast with blonde hair!! Quite ignorant actually.
Weather was good for the week with high 20s for most of the time, and the views are breathtaking over Palma Bay. One thing the travel agents or the brochures dont tell you is that the hotel/appartments are set on a very steep hill, so if you have difficulty walking etc then stay away.
We met some wonderful people there (Lorraine the teacher from Skye, her hubby and son) and found most people to be very nice, Our 12 week old baby was a real hit with alot of the guests but this hotel wasnt for us. Im not slating this hotel as its a pretty nice place if you like this sort of thing but just wasnt for us, we wouldnt go back to majorca but would recommend to suitable people. Just a point about the Pirate Show, book through the hotel and defo not your tour rep especially if its THOMAS COOK as they just want commision, we bought tickets then to find out there arent allowed pushchairs in to it which our rep knew about but just said "oh it will be fine" i asked for confirmation and then i got my cash back when she told us we couldnt take a pushchair!!! Thomas Cook Rep never at the hotel and rarely answer the phone, prob cheaper to get a seperate deal instead of a package as we did. I hope you find this review helpful as i have tried to be as honest as possible without going off on one!!!! hahahah
- Also Known As:
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Hotel Palma Nova
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Hotel
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Calvia
- Hawaii Torrenova
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Hotel Calvia
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is located in a quiet area right at the beachfront. This is a place for couples and families with children to enjoy true relaxation and entertainment. The aparthotel is located only a few metres from the well-known Palma Nova and Magaluf beaches.The spacious studios and apartments with terrace, the varied gastronomical buffet and the attentive staff are combined with entertainment programs for all ages, shops, sports, playgrounds for children and leisurely excursions to the surrounding areas at the aparthotel.All the service provided is coordinated by professionals who give you personalised attention with an eye for detail. The aparthotel services are:•2 pools for adults, one with a children's area•Air-conditioned buffet restaurant•Poolside bar•Cafe•Terrace with sun lounges•Internet Corner and WiFi (with charge)•24-hour reception in Spanish, English, German and French•Fax service•Outdoor game area•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies (free of charge). The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is made up of 170 studios and apartments in Torrenova. All of them have a fully equipped kitchen, satellite-TV, air-conditioning and heating, cots for babies that are free of charge, safe and WIFI (with charge), a terrace and a complete bathroom. They are very spacious, ideal for couples and families with children and can comfortably sleep from 3 to 5 persons.The studios consist of a room with 2 beds and a sofa bed, ideal to share between 2 adults and one child. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, a complete bathroom and a private terrace.The apartments are bigger and have a bedroom with 2 beds as well as a combined kitchen and lounge area with a fully equipped kitchen. They also come with 2 sofa beds, a complete bathroom and a terrace with uninterrupted views. They can sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child, or 2 adults and 2 children.The family apartments offer a comfortable stay for larger families, with 2 beds in the bedroom and 3 sofa beds in the lounge. The maximum number of guests in these rooms is 5: 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. The apartments are also equipped with a private terrace, a complete bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.