After reading some of the reviews on here we felt a little apprehensive about going here, but on relflection it seems some of these reviews were more likely to be have been about the sister hotel next door. We had booked this holiday at the last minute and from departure to arrival at the appartments we were waiting for something to go wrong. At 1am in the morning we arrived at the entrance to the appartments and my husband and I looked at each other in dismay - was this the start of things to come. However, the reception staff were very attentive even at such a late hour. The room is basic but totally adequate for a holiday and if self catering the facilites and equipment would be fine. We were totally shocked when we stepped out onto the balcony and took in the breathtaking view. During our stay we had the room cleaned 5 times a week and bedding change once which is adequate for a 3 star apparthotel. Although Magaluf and Palma Nova are only 5 minutes down the hill from here we had no problems with any over spill from here at night..
We would recommend as a must that you should choose All inclusive. Breakfast from 8 till 10.30 was a range of hot full english breakfast, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, juice etc which should see you through till 1pm when lunch time begins. Both lunch and dinner were hotplate foods and a wide variety of salads, meats, cheeses and bread; puddings were a great selection of cakes, icecreams, fruits, jellies etc. The hot foods included things like paella, veal, stews, rice, pasta, chips, chicken etc. You would have to be any extremely fussy eater to be unable to find something to eat and be left hungry. Going into Magaluf and Palma Nova we noted that for example a paella dish would set you back around 12.5 euros (and thats without a drink). A pint of beer ranged from 2.50 to 5 euros; again All inclusive had this thrown in. Drinks at mealtimes were soft drinks, water, wine or beer as much as you wanted. At the bar there were soft drinks, beer, wine, and spirits. There were other drinks that had a surcharge if the selection isn't good enough
During the day, yes you had to get early to reserve a sunbed in prime spots but there were beds available still at breakfast. We did reserve our beds at 6am in the morning but as there is a security guard patrolling the facility throughout the night you would not find any beds reserved before that time. Whilst we were there the appartments were completely booked up and there was room for everyone to enjoy the day around the terrace. If you can't get a sunbed there is a beautiful beach 5 minutes from the appartments (near enough to come back for lunch!). Although we didn't try the lunch boxes we saw that these could be ordered the day before and were good for days out.
If you have younger children the kids club was well run with a variety of activities and these were celebrated at the mini-disco before the adults entertainment. Both pools were good, all the children from all age ranges became friends. Table tennis (take your own bats and balls), pool and air hockey were available. The entertainer would get adults and kids alike involved in competitions such as table tennis and water games etc. The evening entertainment was a little cheesy but this was merely a wind down to the day; the only downside to this was the lack of chairs but we filled in our survey and suggested they improved that.
There are computers available in reception to access the internet at approx 1 euro for 15mins or wifi is available for 3 euros a day or 15 for the week.
All in all we were totally happy with the holiday. The staff work tirelessly and laugh and joke with customers, some staff seemed to be on duty from 8 in the morning till 12 at night a tip should be left for their hard work.
If you want a good relaxing week in the sun where you can get away with spending little money this is a very good place. From the views across the bay to the service of the staff we would recommend this to all. We are now looking to book for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is located in a quiet area right at the beachfront. This is a place for couples and families with children to enjoy true relaxation and entertainment. The aparthotel is located only a few metres from the well-known Palma Nova and Magaluf beaches.The spacious studios and apartments with terrace, the varied gastronomical buffet and the attentive staff are combined with entertainment programs for all ages, shops, sports, playgrounds for children and leisurely excursions to the surrounding areas at the aparthotel.All the service provided is coordinated by professionals who give you personalised attention with an eye for detail. The aparthotel services are:•2 pools for adults, one with a children's area•Air-conditioned buffet restaurant•Poolside bar•Cafe•Terrace with sun lounges•Internet Corner and WiFi (with charge)•24-hour reception in Spanish, English, German and French•Fax service•Outdoor game area•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies (free of charge). The Aparthotel Intertur Hawaii Torrenova is made up of 170 studios and apartments in Torrenova. All of them have a fully equipped kitchen, satellite-TV, air-conditioning and heating, cots for babies that are free of charge, safe and WIFI (with charge), a terrace and a complete bathroom. They are very spacious, ideal for couples and families with children and can comfortably sleep from 3 to 5 persons.The studios consist of a room with 2 beds and a sofa bed, ideal to share between 2 adults and one child. They also have a fully equipped kitchen, a complete bathroom and a private terrace.The apartments are bigger and have a bedroom with 2 beds as well as a combined kitchen and lounge area with a fully equipped kitchen. They also come with 2 sofa beds, a complete bathroom and a terrace with uninterrupted views. They can sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child, or 2 adults and 2 children.The family apartments offer a comfortable stay for larger families, with 2 beds in the bedroom and 3 sofa beds in the lounge. The maximum number of guests in these rooms is 5: 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. The apartments are also equipped with a private terrace, a complete bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Hotel Palma Nova
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Calvia
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Hotel Calvia
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca