“Location,value and staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tropico Playa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Tropico Playa to your Saves list
Hotel Tropico Playa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Paseo del Mar 38, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Chester, United Kingdom
“Location,value and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Tropico playa is in a fantastic location.we went with my sister and brother in law october half term break .The weather was fantastic.26-31 degrees!! From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.David ---what a superstar on reception Pedro in restaurant always smiling oh and must mention Happy hour / cookie man ! We had side rooms will be asking and paying for room with a view next time. Food was ok we ate out on the terrace every meal and watched the world go by ----could not beat it.Entertainment the duo were fantastic we danced the night away we defo had the moves like Jagger!! my other half and I even got the chance to practice our ballroom dancing moves and got applauded for it. We got a taxi to and from airport which we highly recommend.We hired a car one day well worth it went up to porto pollenca beautiful resort. So ending on a very positive note value holiday great location was recommended to us as a short break holiday would go again at same time . Resort is lovely .Just hope superstar David is there next October !

Room Tip: Pay the extra for sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights on a girls long weekend away & were really pleased with the hotel. Staff were the most friendly I have ever known in a hotel (whichever star I have stayed in) & the value for money was great. Our sea view from the room was beautiful. Breakfast was brilliant & although the lunch & evening meals were very samey for the price paid I don't think you can complain at all. Great location & we will definitely go back !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went with family and friends in October 2013. Weather was a bonus red hot for the time of year. A good hotel bedrooms needs updating a little but clean. Food good always something to eat plenty of variety. Staff very friendly especially the pool area and bar. Drinks were well served hardly any queues with good measures, Reception staff very friendly nothing was too much trouble. Entertainment on the night was good. .Lovely area outside at the front of hotel to sit. Very good location right on the beach short distance to harbour or to Magaluf. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Darlington, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

A good hotel the staff were very helpful and friendly the food was nice plenty of choice we will be going back the hotel is situated right on the front the beach is just over the road the hotel is walking distance to magaluf if you want to go clubbing or if you fancy a meal out there are plenty of restaurants near the hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room as you get a better view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Yes, the rooms are in need of a bit of refurbishment but for the price the hotel is excellent.
Perfect location on the beach and next to the nightlife and the shops, without being noisy.
Breakfasts are excellent but otherwise the food is very average.
Incredibly friendly staff - especially David at reception who was probably the friendliest and most helpful receptionist out there!
A lot of repeat guests which I think says a lot.
Will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

When performing my Hypnosis show in Mallorca in 2013 I was nor in this hotel ,unfortunately, however I was selected after a few days on the Island to perform Sunday evenings both here and sister hotels. I feel I am fully justified to therefore speak on what I received, and what the people around me all seemed to enjoy. THIS is a very very well run and well maintained THREE star hotel ,catering for all ages, young .old and older. When one chooses a three star hotel in Pa;ma, Nova ALL IMCLUSIVE should worry or even being suggesting that champers was not offered on arrival .Trust me I have been going to this Island for over 40 years and while I am not one usually for an all inclusive property I can assure you that the choice,selection and SERVICE are first class/ Lets start with reception where ALL the staff are fantastic...I too would not be too pleased if I were to be abused by some of the rude louts that arrive and where please and thank you do not appear to be in their vocabulary .Unlike some so called all inclusive properties we aew not labelled with a prison tag ,although dome of the rude guests vmat have been so in the past. THIS alone comfirms the person approach that this hotel has towards guests and we are not wandering around with arm bands advertising the hotel. During the day time the upstairs rooftop bar was serviced usually by the COOKIE MAN Pepe///who insisted in informing us that haps hour would be at three o clock lol and to my surprise it was amazing the number of guests took him seariously....it is after all all inclusive. There are light snacks here all sat, pool table, games for the kids and YES, I guess in high season it can get crowded, BUT remembering that the beautiful beach is literally across the road then who cares/ There is certain criteria that I understand all inclusive properties MUST offer and it was very refreshing to note that THAY did not not go for the cheapest on offer or the usual flamenco nonsense but they featured the very very best of entertainment....although I sat it myself lol A great asset to this hotel is the street terrace where meals can be eaten and no one is ever ruched. The terrace becomes an additional meeting place for all the friendly parties and guests and people can then filter into the shows . The bedrooms are 3 star rooms that may get re vamped in the future and this nonsense of wanting televisions is indeed in my opinion rather uncalled for as unless they are five star and offering full sky facilities/ Anyone can have a bad experience in ANY hotel however this is a very personally run hotel with staff working there many year's indeed.....If one has a problem I am sure that if they politely some to reception they will be attended to in the best possible way. All seasons are different and my experience was in the 3rd week of October with the temperatures still peaking 30...ALL the staff had been working from MAY....practically EVERY day. And they were as polite and fresh as they would have been the start of the season. Torpedo complainers....stop complaining and go to reception and you will find it a lot easier and less stressful on yourselves. If you want Champers when you arrive then remember it IS at breakfast every day, and IF you are complaining about not getting a lounger at the pool then get up earlier, have your free champers in the dining room then go out and BUY one they are only a few euro...and its ALL yours.....!!!When I was performing my final week on the Island I found this GEM...and peoplw should not complain about GUESTS they do not like or did not like...they may not like or have expected YOU lol In October there were many great groups there ,and a number of fun hens,50th girlie parties and even pre Christmas parties and I certainly heard no complaints . One word of warning...the BAR next door very cleverly calls itself the BAR TROPICO but, it is in no way connected to the horel ..and it makes one realize just what all inclusive saves you .Certainly if you want the occasional meal out then there are numerous little eating places on the strip....so go have fun..... and if you want four or five star then pat for it....this is a great well run family orientated hotel. we;; dpne everyone...and I hope to meet some you the guests who are returning again in 2014

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
sunny south
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week 26/10/13-2/11/13, room 308, Great location over looking beach, our room was in the front block over looking beach, this was spot on, we did email the hotel before we arrived and requested this and it was sorted, drinks and food was great, plenty to choose from all day and night, the swimming pool was a bit small but we spent 5 days of the 7 on the beach and walking about, it was great we all had a super time, please remember if you expect a hilton type hotel you have to pay for it, this is a very good value for money hotel, the staff are all great can not do enough for you at anytime, we will come back to this hotel as it was great for the money

Room Tip: ask for a sea/ pool veiw and you will not go wrong
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Tropico Playa? Share your experiences!