“Brilliant staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tropico Playa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Tropico Playa to your Saves list
Hotel Tropico Playa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Paseo del Mar 38, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Brilliant staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

magic location and exceptional staff, food a bit too repetitive and beer awful. rooms need renovating but are adequate. will never be more than 21/2 star until the rooms are done. Fire alarms went off while we were there but they did not go off in the rear block where my daughter was staying, very worrying if it was for real and not a muppet coming bank drunk from Magaluf. beach great and literally just over the road.

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is clean and has very friendly staff. The food is good however some days it was very plain and simple but it depends on your taste I suppose. We had a room right at the back of the hotel which was ok but loads of stairs to it and no lifts which was a problem with my 22kg suitcase. The pool area is okay but the sun disappears from there around 2pm so if your a sun worshipper stick to the beach as it is only a 20 second walk across the road. The location of the hotel is brilliant with only a 10 minute walk to magaluf for the lively part of Palma nova however there many other shops and bars right outside the hotel which are great. I would definitely go back to this hotel as many of the other guests that we're staying when we did said it had been their 3rd and 4 th time going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel unless you like lots of steps
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paignton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Pros:
Staff were friendly and very helpful. Food was very good but a little limited. I'm not a swimming pool person so the pool area help little attraction for me, but it did look clean and tidy. We phoned a couple of weeks before flying to ask for a sea view room. We were given a family room on the top floor looking straight at the beach each morning. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good night sleep every night even though we were right above the road. Excellent location for beach, bars, shops and buses.

Cons:
The hotel and the rooms in particular are looking a little tired. But it wouldn't take much to bring it back up to scratch. The rooms should have net curtains to give more privacy, especially when overlooking the road and beach.The entertainment didn't start until 10pm.

Room Tip: Phone up and ask
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have just got back from a stay at this hotel, which is our 3rd in as many years! First of all the location is Superb, Yards from the lovely sandy beach.The staff are amazingly friendly and efficient..... Cisco, Attila, David, Sheoona (sorry if I spelled this wrong) Juan, Pedro pool bar, Geraldine,Angela our maid, Lola, Pedro the Restaurant manager. Sorry if I missed anyone but you are all top class!!
Hotel is very clean but a bit tired looking in places, Pool is rather small, Rooms cleaned daily. The food is good and hot however a bit repetitive after a while, but I think it mostly is at this class of hotel. Drinks are fine. Entertainment at night we felt was much better this year than last year,however there is nothing at all for children at this hotel day or night other than the pool, drinks and ice cream.
Palma Nova is great and you can walk to Magalluf or Portals Nous which is a bit further the other way. Many buses stop just outside hotel.
We have booked already for next June, we love it! Please if you are expecting 'THE RITZ' on the cheap Don't bother. It bugs me when people pay budget price and then moan about every little thing to try to gang together and spoil holiday for others!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are best which automatically mean you have a sea view also
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel with my husband and 2 x daughters aged 3 and 11 months and we had a great time. The hotel is a little dated in it's décor but it's very clean and to be honest with a 3 star hotel it was what I expected. The location is great, being just on the other side of the road to the beach, near the shops and within walking distance to near by Magaluf for those that want something a bit more lively. There are plenty of taxis and buses for those that want to travel a little bit further and visit some sights.

The food was plentiful and always hot when it should be. Admittedly there some what I would call unusual combinations but then when you have to cater for tastes from several countries that's to be expected. There was always meat, fish and vegetarian choices as well as a children's option and several days we were there they served very well roasted joints of meat that were carved at the counter. Given that I had a child of under 12 months with me I was a little concerned about her eating well while we were there but I didn't have to worry in the slightest, she ate as well as the 3 year old, myself and my husband for the duration of our stay.

In terms of staff, there seemed to be a relatively small staff for a hotel who were there all the time so it was nice to see the same faces and got to know them. My 3 year old daughter was particularly taken with Paulo who worked in the restaurant but all of the staff were excellent.

Overall it was a good trip and a great hotel to stay in, If I was returning to Palma Nova I would stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Caernarfon, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just arrived back from a fabulous holiday at this Hotel, before travelling I kept reading the reviews and was worried about going as I had read a lot of complaints, all I can say that there are awkward and fussy people around. Myself and my partner found the hotel very clean, staff pleasant had a good laugh with a couple of them especially the chap in the pool bar which I gave him a nickname Mr Cookie (he kept offering cookies at 3.00pm) also David and Seona on reception very pleasant and helpful. Food was lovely plenty of choice and always hot. Alcohol on tap which was good. Rooms were cleaned every day and bed sheets changed daily. Location was fab right across the road from the beach. I had emailed the hotel a couple of weeks before going and requested a sea view room which I was given on the third floor with great views. Different entertainment every night. Pool area was small but we spent most of the time on the beach. Games room and table tennis. Booked the holiday with JET2HOLIDAYS no problems apart from the flights didn't have the airline for Jet2 outward or inward and delays both ways.

Room Tip: Room 309 ideal for family of 4 on the third floor opposite the lift overlooking the beach
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have just been back to the tropico for the 3rd year in a row and still love it, The location couldn't be bettter,The staff are helpful and friendly especially Seona and David. there is always plenty of hot food. The hotel is very clean. It is a very good value for money hotel and I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Tropico Playa? Share your experiences!