“holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tropico Playa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Tropico Playa to your Saves list
Hotel Tropico Playa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Paseo del Mar 38, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
March, United Kingdom
“holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff very helpful and friendly and worked hard. Hotel dated needed updating, no lift from reception to first floor. Food plenty of choice but main courses bit bland. Pool too small for size of hotel. Would have been handy to have cocktail menu, at pool bar. Hot beverage machine would be nice if been left on after midnight as most people came in after then. Room clean but stain in bath and beds had thin mattress but slept ok. Location of hotel great. Overall ok nice hotel but could have been better.

Room Tip: tea coffee making facilities.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Co-op Travel

535 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here from 11th to 18th July 2913. The hotel I can not fault amazing and friendly staff who can not do enough for you. The lady that was on reception on Friday 12th could not do enough to help my friend who was not even staying there.

The rooms were fine just enough room and were very clean and beds made everyday and fresh towels.

The food and drink was good even though we never really ate there much as prefer to eat out.

It is ideally located opposite the beach and close to all amenities and within 15 min walk into maga.

I will defo be returning next year

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here with my wife 9th to 16th July and can only talk of the great positives we experienced in Hotel Tropico Playa, from contacting the hotel before we went, with a couple of requests (sea view, low floor room) which they gladly acceded to. Conscious of the price paid, I must say my wife and I found the food was excellent, (best we've had HB or AI in Spain, from carving my own leg of lamb, roast suckling pig, beef, lamb chops, turkey, chicken, lamb stew, pork chops; only eating chips (which were lovely btw) one evening; lovely baked potatoes, boiled potatoes,mashed potatoes, excellent rice dishes, great veg, soups and good kiddies selection and sweets.Other food, sandwiches, cookies, ice cream and ice lollies were available elswhere. The main bar opened 1.00pm to 3.00pm and from 5.00pm to 12.00. Hot drinks available there and poolside. Nice mix of nationalities and ages. Location - it has all been said. Not surprised so many people are repeat customers. Staff from cleaners to waiting staff were really friendly and nice, making conversation easily and unforced. Excellent value in a lovely setting!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived bk from tropica, had brilliant time. Staff really friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and tidy. Food ok, what you would expect from a smaller 3 star hotel. Good location just far enough away from the madness but near enough to walk if required...
All round value for money. We will be returning!

Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from a week at the tropico with 6 of my girlfriends we was very disappointed on arrived we had to carry are cases up a long flight of stairs very hard work . Rooms were very basic really old looking . The food was ok but the same all the time .we was really disappointed about the all inclusive you could not get anything to eat only at meal times.there was only one bar open during the day and that was the pool bar if u wanted to sit at the front of the hotel u had a long way to walk to get a drink .we was all disgusted that u could not get a warm drink after PM or before 8 am .a lot of us were smokers and there was never any ashtrays on any of the tables any were .we loved palma nova but we will never go to the hotel tropico again

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the tropico playa hotel in August 2012, and when we first arrived, I have to say I wasn't exactly pleased by the rooms we were given as we had to carry our luggage through many stairs as our rooms were not where we could go In the lift. Our rooms kinda looked like a dungeon and the family next to us actually refused to stay in the rooms. There were 3 together in the corridor thing we went in, it is hard to explain. They said their room looked like a prison, and I'm pleased to say the 2 rooms we got were completely different, they were average sized, but the balcony was amazing! The best balcony ever, it was absolutely huge... If say 3x bigger than all of the other rooms' balconys, and because my family went with another family, we wanted to be able to talk to eachother through the balconys and it was perfect (if you know eachother) because the wall separating the 2 balconys was pretty much non existent and we could just step over it. However, we did have a massive ant problem, and fair play to the maid for trying desperately to help us.. Damn she worked hard ! The pool is small and we usually went to the pool in the morning, had dinner then headed to the beach.. Which is literally just across the road it's perfect! The beach is great.. And you don't really need the pool anyway.. Because I thought the pool area was a real let down. But the location, is amazing! It's so lively and there are shops EVERYWHERE, and it's 10 min walk to magaluf and a McDonald's 20m away from the hotel. The entertainment is rubbish, don't think we stayed and watched it not once, but don't worry there is plenty to do around the hotel and I mean LOADS. Who needs entertainment? One thing is, when I went, there are no wristbands? Meaning anybody can literally just walk into the hotel and claim free drinks:/ which I saw people do on many occasions.. But that doesn't really affect you! A 10 min taxi drive will get you to western water park, which was great even though I got sun stroke that day and was ill for 2 days.. And it's about a 2 minute walk to get to the taxis! Overall, I'd say the hotel itself isn't all that great, but the staff are absolutely lovely and try so hard for what they have got!! But who needs the hotel when the location is absolutely amazing?! Oh and the food Is pretty average nothing spectacular but it will get you through the 2 weeks! Unfortunately, my family couldn't afford to go back to palmanova this year but I'm literally begging to go back! It was such a great experience and I saw a few other hotels that would have perhaps been better but if we can't get them then this one will be fine, I'd definitely return to palmanova! E

• Stayed August 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 1 week stay at the Tropico with my girlfriend. Location wise it cant be faulted right on the beach and in the heart of palmanova and only 5mins walk from Magaluf. Staff were all brilliant and cleaners do a good job, always plenty of food but it becomes repeptitive so much so we ate out at least 3 of the 7 nights theres only so much chicken pork fish and chips you can take! The pool was small but who cares as the beach is right across the road where we spent most of our time. Rooms are very basic but cleaned daily, beds are like slabs with a cover on them was amazing to get home to a decent bed!! This hotel is purely all location based cant complain really for the how cheap it was!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Tropico Playa? Share your experiences!