“All inclusive lovely holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marina Torrenova

Save Saved
You added Hotel Marina Torrenova to your Saves list
Hotel Marina Torrenova
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Torrenova 51, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Somerset England
“All inclusive lovely holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We went to Palma and surprised our Son and his family July 19th he was there for 2 weeks but we only booked one week as we have another 2 weeks in September. We found the Reception staff friendly and nothing too much trouble, the food was plentiful and good. Everywhere in the hotel itb was clean and tidy he rooms air conditioned which was good as we had a heat wave whilst we were there. The only complaint I would have is that each morning Guests all gathered in the lobby before 0800 waitign for the doors to the pool area to open at 0830 so they could put their towels on the loungers. I hate this idea but if you don't do it like us later in the morning there is nowhere to lounge as they are all taken. Also during the evening unless you went to dinner early and again sat by a table outside (sometimes we went into Palma Nova for a walk and came back for the entertainment) you would n ot be able to have a table to watch and a couple of nights we ended up sitting on the piled up loungers to watch the entertainment - to my mind they need more tables and chairs as there is enough room for some more. Apart from that it was a lovely holiday and Palma Nova is beautiful.

1,087 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Polish first
Wishaw, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I am 22 and my boyfriend is 26. We stayed in the Marina Torrenova for 10 nights in July 2014 and had a fabulous holiday! The room was clean and comfortable and we had a great view from our balcony overlooking the lovely swimming pools. The reps were very friendly and there were lots of activities, especially for kids! The night time shows were decent - parrot shows, snake shows, Robbie Williams tribute acts etc. We were all inclusive and the bar staff were friendly and the drinks nice. The food was, on the whole, good. They try to vary what's on offer and most days we managed to make meals from it - only eating out a few times. The hotel location is perfect to access Palma Nova or Magaluf! We loved that the hotel was nice and family friendly but just a short (5-10 min) walk from the main strip in Magaluf. The hotel is close (walking distance) to Katmandu adventure park and mini golf and although we got a bus to the Western Water Park, we decided to walk back as it was so close - both are excellent daytime activities for families or couples! The hotel is also very close to a stunning beach with a wide array of water sports on offer. All in all, a great holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stranraer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel 4th july till 18th july 2014,can honestly say this hotel is brilliant the adult entertainment team were a great laugh (chris & steve) loads to keep you amused,The food was very good with a great choice and the hotel is spotless.Staff very friendly.I will say rooms are small with 4 single beds in the room but it was ok! as a family with older kids we were not in the room a lot just to shower and sleep.All in this is a smashing hotel which I will return to again AAA+.

Room Tip: book a superior room with sea veiw
birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

never stayed in such a bad hotel. Staff refused to get you table and chairs of an evening. I was party of 6. a12 weeks old baby a 4 year old a 7 year old my son and wife and myself. there was black hairs in my room on arrival. the next day my son had hair in his food. All that was said to us when we got acting manager was over 800 people so not all can have sun beds and tabels and chairs. If we knew we would be staning with a young family would not of gone. total waste of over 3 thousand pound. last day children where getting cuts from the middle level pool(sharpe tiles). He refused to do anything, the place would be closed down if in england. I have stayed in tordos mirlos a little down the road and it is a 3Star and much better. I rate this hotel 2 star on bordering of shut down for filth. when i showed 2 plates with stale food on. I asked what do you call this. He said i think mushroom. I could not belive his comment. He seemed to think because the underside of plate clean it proved it had been washed. I told him the machine was not washing proper then and may be that is why i had food poisening. He refused to check the dirty toilets that we asked him to and was not at all bothered we may not get seating of an evening. only one pool bar open and long queues then you can only get 2 drinks. such a rough place. would not go back if free. so glad to be home to a clean house

Room Tip: all noisey but you could get one over the stage... yes right on top of stage. I got right by lift an...
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 11 days July 2014,
staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you with everything, despite arriving well before our check in time our room was ready and waiting and maids are very good and replace towels and small toiletries every day,
Kids entertainment team are fab for ages up to 11, however my boy nearly 12, felt there was nothing for him, as he said he was too old for kids club and wasn't allowed to join the adult games so felt left out, a teen club here would get 5 stars from me!!!
Staff constantly cleaning and taking empty glasses as soon as you finish, however only 2 alcoholic drinks at. The bar at a time these are half pints meaning for my husband to relax and have a pint I had to queue as we'll for my drink, and kids had to sit at the table not to lose it! felt I was constantly queuing , however the bar staff are very friendly and relatively fast, however maybe a soft drink only queue is needed as the kids complained about queuing for ages behind loads of adults just for a slush puppy!
Air conditioning is lovely , good job really as the first 2 nights we kept the balcony door open for air and were awoken once with the neighbours in the next hotel vommitting very loudly , and then singing lets go f@&£ing mental at 6am which is hard to explain to children!
Mosquitos are a nightmare I was eaten alive , please take creams lotions and potions!!!
Beaches are very close and the hill is no where near as bad as people make out! I'm one of the unfit people you can meet and I waltzed up there! It is over in literally 30 seconds! However beach has jellyfish 2 people in hotel were stung whilst I was there so keep an eye out.
Breakfast is lovely, lunch ok, dinner not many choices hubby struggled and ate from kids menu a lot, however this was samey everyday, pasta burgers hotdogs chips. Desserts were jellies mousse and not very nice but that's just personal taste and plenty of fresh fruit available
Italian restaurant was AMAZING , if we could have eaten there every night we would not have left!
To some it up fab fab fab staff, ok food, good location and rooms and if they had a teen club I would go back every year

Rheine, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed 6 people, two of them children of the ages 4 and 8. We stayed in the hotel in the period from the 16th of July 2014 to the 23rd of July 2014. We had two double rooms with an extra bed in each and we had the All Inclusive Package.
At arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff at the reception, indeed all staff members we saw, were very friendly. The rooms are a bit small for a 4 star hotel, but everything works and there is air conditioning and a fridge and the balcony is nice too. The beds are not to a 4 star hotel standard, mine was certainly not; it was OK, but not 4 star standard, secondly the wireless network connection is only available at a fee, the signal strength is poor and the bandwidth is terrible, so do not expect to get much use out of your tablet; not 4 star hotel standard.
You will find yourself in a small British community in this hotel with the majority of the guests being British, hence the food in the restaurant buffet, the activities for the children as well as the evening entertainment has an English flavour to them. For the buffet this means puddings pastries, pies and meat and vegetables cooked until they are completely dead. Luckily the buffet has other dishes and indeed the buffet food is very nice.
The pool area has 3 pools, which are all very nice. The hotel claim to have a rule that you cannot reserve your sun chair for the day, after an hour of not using it, it will be free for other guests. Unfortunately this rule is not enforced, hence it is still an early-morning race for the best seats along the pools if you want a seat at all. I believe in most hotels it is like this, but then the hotel should not claim otherwise. Another one is a ban on inflatable "animals" and other floating toys in the pools, this one was not enforced either, hence swimming is hardly possible due to the "traffic congestion" of the various inflatable "creatures" in the pools.
So I come back to the start of my review: It was nearly perfect, but there are some things that are not to a 4 star standard or are not as the hotel claim them to be. We all enjoyed our stay very much. The items that we found to be important are all as they should be, only there are some minor issues, which should be improved upon, hence a nearly perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the pool area.
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just back from a 7 night stay at the hotel with my wife, 5 year old daughter and 10 month old son. Never reviewed a place before so thought I'd do it with likes and dislikes. There's not much negative to say, as the title suggest, but here's our thoughts:

Likes: Great welcome from friendly reception staff. Modern, clean rooms. Kids pools excellent. Decent selection of food in restaurant and great separate kids dining section. Plenty of bar staff on meaning no long wait for a drink. Varied entertainment and the team worked hard to keep the kids entertained day and night. Good prize money at the bingo. Excellent Sunday night "Big Fun" show. The fact that no-one can reserve a sun lounger before 8.30. Funny watching everyone burst out the door to get a sun lounger at 8.30.

Dislikes: Family room short on space for double, single and cot. Hotel located up a steep hill from the beach. Not great for people with mobility limitations, but then on,y 3 euros in a taxi from Palma Nova. Entertainment started too late at times with mini disco not on till nearly 8.30pm and main act not on till after 10pm. Just feel this could have been brought forward a bit to accommodate kids.

All in all, we had a brilliant time and would recommend the hotel. It's great for families, and despite the fact that we heard other holidaymakers questioning it's 4 star rating, we feel it's about right.

Might even be back next year! :)

Room Tip: Choose a pool facing room, to avoid the noise of rowdy Magaluf revellers staggering past singing and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Marina Torrenova? Share your experiences!