This was the second time we have been to Mallorca at the end of October. Both times we have absolutely loved it. Magaluf next door had practically closed down so there were no loud roudy drunks. The only noise really were other hotel residents chatting outside. However, you could shut the patio door and the air con would then come on keeping it cool and quiet. The room was basic but adequate. Clean,tidy with an en suite, towels were provided but not to be taken down to the pool. Hair dryer proved at no extra charge also a TV with 3 English channels. Unfortunately the kettle was extra as was the internet access. Three good size lifts to get you up and down the floors.
In the lower floor was the dining room, large, bright, clean and very well presented. A wide choice of hot or cold food was available at each sitting. Food was available throughout the day with three main meal times and snack throughout a fair part of the day. Also for 'all inclusive' guests there is a free meal in their Italian restaurant which has waiter service and was very nice.
Outside there are three pools, one large, one small kiddies and a toddler play pool. Although the water was not heated, it was warm enough to swim in. At night it was lit up making it very picturesque. Unfortunately, there are a lot of trees by the pool which, due to the time of year, put quite a bit of the pool terrace in the shade so many people tend to have to move their sun beds accordingly.
The hotel was about a five minute walk from both Magaluf beach and Palmanova beach and the water at both was lovely and warm. Both beaches were in immaculate condition with thatched parasols and sunbeds available. Worth getting snorkel and goggles so you can watch the fish as you swim.
Hotel entertainment was fantastic, with a good variety of shows. Although the children's disco was very repetitive. There was also bingo every evening when we would go for a walk. The entertainment covered a Robbie Williams appreciation singer, a parrot show, a Rod Stewart appreciation singer, a reptile show and a fantastic, hilarious Grease show.
Other entertainment in the area included a small theme park 'Katmandu' which was ok but we went round it all in about 2 hours. The 'Pirate Adventure' was awesome and well worth every penny (about 56 euros), it included a meal and drinks and a show packed with acrobats and dancing. The glass bottom boat was another lovely outing with beautiful scenery and if you wish you can swim off the back of the boat but be warned, if you are a slightly older person, it is not easy to get back on. Also in Palmanova is a 'Fantasy Golf' crazy golf course, there are three courses in the one are, great fun, extremely picturesque and only about 10 euros.
All in all, a fantastic, quiet, relaxing, enjoyable break. Would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Marina Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Marina Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca