We stayed here for 3 nights end of Sep - Oct 13.
Our impressions of the hotel are sullied as we had a rubbish maid, our room wasn't really clean, hairs all over the balcony, and one day a ripped towel was the 'new' exchange one given. See the attached photos. I've also hosted some pictures on another forum due to TA restrictions on size of images http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/t6067p45-marina-torrenova-hotel-2012#154639 if it helps.
Otherwise the staff were friendly and helpful.
Food. Well, the breakfast was as good as you can get without going up to 5 star IMO. Proper bacon that was show cooked. Bucks fizz available. A great selection of all the other main things. But the other meals were hit and miss. Chicken drumsticks *in batter* was offered one day?? But the next day they did a very tasty Jamaican beef curry, with curried rice cooked paella style, with fresh show cooked noodles and stir fry vegetables. A good kids selection (evenings only) (pizzas were good), and a reasonable diet/diabetic/vegetarian offering.
We had a bit of a sea view from our room, the pool view rooms are an upgrade at €6 per night, and the 'superior' rooms, with sea view, were an extra €10 per night upgrade.
Rooms are a bit on the small side.
Mattresses appeared to be of the 'memory foam' type, and a good nights sleep was had. Only one wafer thin pillow though, so had to bulk up with the spare blanket.
Sunbeds were new and of a good quality, with 4 adjustment levels on the backrests. (see pic)
Overall, IMO, the hotel is just a plain old 3 star, with a few plus points, but not enough good points to warrant a 4 star status.
No free wi-fi.
All inclusive snacks only available 11.00am - 18.00pm.
Room towels are several years old.
No pool towels.
Rubbish TV with not enough channels, only 3 English ones, BBC1, ITV4, & CBBC (BBC4 at night sometimes).
Room lighting is too dark. Energy saving bulbs account for some of this but not lighting is insufficient.
Air con in room only just sufficient, on full blast all the time.
I'd go again if the deal was good though, we didn't pay a lot for the stay, (booked DIY), nothing wrong with 3 star, just don't expect true 4 star level.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Marina Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Hotel Marina Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.