We were recommended this hotel by friends we met on holiday in Ibiza last year and it was everything they said and more.
The hotel itself is situated in the torrenova area between Palma nova and magaluf (less than a ten minute walk downhill to both) and so is ideally situated although the walk back up the hill may be a struggle for anyone with age or health concerns.
The hotel is described as four star and overall I would suggest it might be 3+ as we have stayed in smarter three star hotels.
On arrival at 10:30 in the morning our room was not ready but we were invited into the dining room for breakfast and were given our bands so we could start enjoying the all inclusive offerings of the hotel.
The dining room is light and airy serving a wide range of buffet style meals and every mealtime was excellent; the food was hot, varied and tasty with some repartition over the fortnight we were staying but the variety did mean that you could chose another option. As I said the food was fantastic and very much four star.
The outdoor areas were also very good. The hotel boasts three pools, one adult, one kids shallow pool and one splash pool with slides and water jets.
If as we were you spent a lot of time in and around the splash pool (our six year old loved it) you were the furthest away from the hotel and bar and toilet facilities but these were only a matter of a couple of minutes away and this end of the hotel got the lions share of the sunshine 10am-5pm and was less of a scramble for the sun loungers.
Downstairs in the hotel near the dining room is situated the Thomas Cook kids club and the hotels own mini club. Both were excellent although our little one preferred the hotels as they handed out certificates and medals and the young woman who ran it (Damaris) was really good with the kids and worked really hard to ensure they all enjoyed themselves.
All the hotels staff are a credit to them and to Marina hotels, the restaurant staff, hotel reception staff, entertainment staff, domestic staff and bar staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel assistant manager was always around and on hand during meal times and on an evening to ensure that everyone had a great stay.
Most aspects of the hotel were really first class and deserving of four stars or more, my only two complaints (and neither were enough to put me off returning) were the ludicrous policy of not letting residents out to the poolside areas until 08:30 to stop the "German syndrome" of early morning sun lounger snatching raids. This just caused some people to get up and pile their towels in a conga line from the doors into the reception area from 06:00 and turn this area of the hotel into a cross between a refugee camp and a zombie land early on and then a mad rush out of the doors at 08:30 and a lot of pushing and shoving and potential flash points. The only thing missing was the Benny Hill music as they all charged out jockeying for position near the big adult pool closest to the hotel. (I got up at 08:15 each morning, joined the queue and even when strolling down to the splash pool through the maelstrom of frantic sun lounger hunting holiday makers, still made it down to the splash pool un hindered and able to take advantage of the lack of chaos and select which sun loungers I liked without the need for special forces trained hand to hand combat).
The other issue was the evening entertainment it was ok (just) and for me the staff didn't put there all into it or the budget wasn't there. We stayed at the Fiesta Millord at San Antonio Ibiza last year and in 2009 and that was a three star (officially) and the evening entertainment was much better both in variety and presentation.
Neither of these would put me off returning, overall this is a very appealing hotel, very well run. I would encourage anyone with a young family to try it if you are looking for a all inclusive and you don't want to spend much more than two hours in the air and less than half an hour transfer from the airport.
A big thanks to all the staff for making our holiday such an enjoyable one.
Ian, Jo and Kinley.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Marina Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Hotel Marina Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.