“18-30s hotel. Good and lively.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Don Bigote

Save Saved
You added Hotel Don Bigote to your Saves list
Hotel Don Bigote
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrer de Paris 1, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Tredegar, Wales, United Kingdom
“18-30s hotel. Good and lively.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 10 nights and was taken by surprise at how nice the room was on arrival and the room was cleaned daily if required. Its definately an 18-30s hotel its lively and very noisy but me and my boyfriend came home drunk from magaluf on many occasions and probably made alot of noise also. I definately wouldnt stay here if your a family or over 40. We were half board and ate out most days and evenings. Had breakfast once and it was definately not worth getting up for. Evening meals were pretty basic and seemed to have alot of the same we ate here about 4 times in the 10 days we were there, for what we paid we didnt expect it to be any different. Hotel staff were very helpful and you can book all activities at reception such as the waterpark/pirates show etc. Plenty of clubs straight across the road as well as a supermarket although the supermarket is quite expensive. Magaluf is literally a 10 minute walk away or a 2 minute taxi driver ( the taxi drivers are lunatics!) and cost just 4-5euro. Overall a very good holiday and would definately return!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as if your facing the hotels opposite you never see any sun and can sunbathe on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
north yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for five nights in this hotel (5-10 Aug 2012) and we are both in our forties. As other people have said it definitely isn't for families or people wanting a quiet relaxing holiday. This hotel is an 18-30's type hotel.

When we arrived the first thing we noticed in reception was a teenager laid out sleeping on one of the seating areas (he was still there a couple of hours later) which didn't give off a good impression. We went down to the pool as soon as we had booked in and my heart sank, it was full of groups of youngsters, very noisy with music playing and I felt very much out of my comfort zone as did my partner. We decided after this to go to the beach every day which was much quieter.

The room was very small but clean and had daily maid service. The one thing I noticed on entering the room for the first time was how clean and fresh it smelt. The bathroom was average size and all in working order with a good shower.

The food was OK. Breakfast was fine with a selection of cooked foods, toast and continental. My husband had the cereal but only once as the milk was warm! Coffee was fine too. Evening meal was repetitive but there was always a choice and salad was nice. The plates and cups were dirty, I made sure I cleaned mine as best I could with a napkin each time before use.

The staff were generally miserable and quite intimidating. The headwaiter in the hotel was a bit scary and never smiled as were the chefs!

Night time!!! The five nights we stayed we never got one full nights sleep. We were constantly woken up by loud shouting in the corridors, playing sports in the corridors at 3/4am and banging doors. The beds were very uncomfortable too, I woke up with back ache every morning. The conversation amongst the slightly older residents every morning at breakfast was how bad a nights sleep they got and how fed up they were with not getting enough sleep.

I always like to be balanced with my opinions but on this occasion I am struggling to come up with the plus sides for this hotel other than it was cheap and mostly clean (apart from the crockery). If you are a teenager this is the place for you. We definitely won't be returning again.

We did have a nice walk into Magalluf one evening where we found some lovely bars and restaurants on the beach front and from what we can gather this is a newly built area. Very nice and worth a visit. A total contrast to the main strip where all the nightlife is.

Someone else commented that there were better hotels in the area for the same price and I would highly recommend that you choose one of them instead.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Overhaul we would return to Don Bigote.
Pleasant reception staff (not so sure about night security man),very clean hotel & rooms,rooms made everyday,plenty of sun loungers round the pool area,only downside they are fixed beds,they do not recline.
Food is very good,coffee for breakfast is awful,stick to the juice.
The location of the hotel is excellent,just 5 mins walk to beach,bars right outside,I recommend the Castaways bar/restaurant for food & drinks.
Watersports are 10 mins walk away,BCM & the strip is 15 mins walk.
we are late 30s & we felt very old down on the strip,some of the teens only look 15 lol.
At night me & my wife were never woken by the young uns returning from Magaluf.

Room Tip: We were in room 522,sea view & pool view & is also at the far end of the corridor,so you don...
Shotton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

To be honest it is nice but it is in real need of a massive touch up. Some Parts are very bad though we were on the 5th floor and the carpets were horrendous where the kids or even possible pi**ed up Older persons, they had tried to clean the vomit of them and not really succeeded! I am really glad it was only 3 days as i would have moved to another hotel. You do get what you pay for but nearly £700 for those 3 nights, expect more i think. The restaurant was nice thought and food was good but we were only B&B. It,s not a family Hotel it's for hen and stag parties but don't knock it to much someone has to have them and have seen plenty. But this was not good.

Room Tip: If your after a lads or Gals weekend or week help yourself.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 7 nights, we are both in our early forties but still enjoy going out. When we arrived our room was ready straight away and clean, it was fairly basic and quite small. Safety deposit box is available at a small charge. We did ask to hire a fridge but none was available at the time but we did get one the next day at 3 euro a day. The main problem that we had with the hotel was the noise at nights. Although I totally understand youths having a good time on holiday the noise was extreme, shouting, banging on doors and music playing. Do not expect a good nights sleep unless you have had a drink. I would not recomend this hotel for young families as the groups of lads around the pool during the day do not hold back on the language, it did not bother me but I wouldnt like young kids around. The room was cleaned every day to a good standard, the only other thing that was poor about the room is that the aircon is only switched on between 1800-0800 (make sure you switch it off at 0800 as it will blow out hot air otherwise) . We only went to breakfast one day (as like lying in bed) and had no issues with the food. Overall a cheap hotel and somewhere to base yourself to get some sun and have a few good nights out. As we were not flying home till late in the evening we did ask to extend in our room but dispite the fact that it said you can we were refused and not able to use a courtesy room which is also advertised.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

i have just got back from this hotel with a group of lads, and we didn't have much to complain about! pool was clean and decent sized, never a lack of sun loungers, bar food for lunch during the day wasn't the greatest but it was cheap, internet in the hotel lobby, an inside bar with tv's, 2 minute walk to bars and shops and beach (which by the way is a great, clean beach) and 10 minute walk from magaluf strip! couldn't ask for more, only thing to complain about however were the rooms, we always said from the outset that we didn't care about the rooms as we would just use them for sleep, however, they were terribly cramped. like many other people have said, do not bring your kids here, it is not family orientated. just groups of teenagers, stag do's or hen do's. had a huge array of food at dinner which was good. all in all, i'd come back to this hotel, as we paid cheap for 10 days half board. although i cannot reiterate enough this is not a family hotel! and also for the teens going, easy to bring people back to the hotel from a night out!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

There were only two nights. Visited Majorca car. We ate breakfast and dinner. They were tasty and plentiful. Swedish table. Rooms clean and well prepared. Good service at reception. Quick check in and check out. In the evening, live music, the bar you can drink alcohol. affordable prices

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Don Bigote? Share your experiences!