I stayed in a twin room with my Mom and toddler. The room was large and clean, a cot was set up as requested. The room was a sea view as requested and our balcony looked out over the pool area.
We stayed on the 5th floor so very little noise from pool area / entertainment area at night which was a bonus as my toddler is a light sleeper. The room was clean with fresh towels when we put the used ones in the bath for replacing. The bedding was a sheet and a thin blanket which were perfect for the temperature.
We stayed all inclusive but we always intended to eat out at least once a day. Breakfast was the meal we always had at the hotel. The food was very nice and always plenty of it although we found that the dining time for tea was very late for my toddler (7pm-9pm). There were snacks available from the bar by the pool between lunch and tea but it was burger-n-chips type meals which my toddler wasn't fussed on.
The hotel in general was very clean, cool and spacious. The staff were friendly but very unhelpful when we asked for 2 room keys. One member of staff even blatantly lied and said that if he activated a second key then the first one would stop working. So when my mum was ill in bed for 2 days and needed the first key to keep the electrics and air con in the room while she was sick I asked for a second key again. After much grumbling they did give me another key that they said they would programme to allow me 1 use to get back into the room. And it really did allow me 1 use. BUT it did work in the electrics slot so I left that card in the room to keep everything on for mum but took the other one out with me and my son so we could get on with our holiday and leave mum to recover.
The hotel is perfectly situated a 2 minute walk from the beach round the side of a mini golf course. It seems to be right in the middle of Palma Nova with equal walking distance to bars and restaurants whether you turn left or right.
I read loads of reviews before I left and was worried but my worries were unfounded. The hotel is lovely, the staff were lovely, the food was very nice, the location is excellent and I think the moral of the story is - don't book a 3 star hotel and then write a bad review because you expect 5 star treatment. If you want haute cuisine, a turn down service and air con that is silent then book a 5 star hotel. If you want a good, clean, fabulously located hotel then stay here! I would recommend, it is very child friendly - there is a little tiny playgym next to the baby pool, the adult pool is large and clean and there were a great mix of nationalities when we were there (Sept / Oct 2010).
I would also recommend the Mocubar restaurant for food at any of time of the day - the food is excellent, the service fast and friendly and they have different specials every day. For a cocktail and a snack pop to La Cucuracha - the seafood salad in a taco shell looked too amazing to eat but we did anyway and the nachos were fab. Cocktails were fairly priced. The Saffron Desi have a very good deal on with poppadums, starter and main from a small selection for only 14 Euros per person and the food is excellent. The Beehive is an ace cafe bar to sit and have an ice cream and a San Miguel whilst looking at the beach. Lastly, At the far end of Palma Nova (past McDonalds and the taxi rank outside the Spar) is a shop on the left hand side next to the beach that sells 3D laser crystal. I can't remember the name of it but we got some beautiful souvenirs made with the 3 of us etched in 3D inside a block of glass. The bloke is German I think and completely eccentric but he did an awesome job and we would go back again and get another one done if we went back to Palma Nova.
Hope this helps and happy holidays! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Low Cost Holidays, Priceline, HRS, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca