Booked the Hi! Palmanova Hotel as a girls holiday as we wanted to visit magaluf but enjoy peace and quiet during the day. We had a fairly cheap deal just over £500 for 9 nights all inclusive.
The hotel itself is in great need of refurbishment looking tired and dull. It's the only hotel I've ever visited that doesn't use an outdoor pool bar at night and it's seriously lacking in atmosphere due to the poor entertainment and the vast majority of over 60s. As two women (in our twenties) we were scowled at, pushed out of the way of the bar and food area and glared at when ready to go out. We weren't spoken to by any of the older hotel population at all and they were very rude despite the fact that we were not making any noise or being lairy. Luckily we made friends with the few other younger people there. Definitely not a hotel for anyone young.
The quality of the food was shocking and the variety was none existent. Apparently the snacks were ok and the breakfast served was average. The food was rarely hot and in the first two days there were 5 of us that had sickness and diarrohea. We ate out practically everyday. The drinks were self service in the day, usual range of soft drinks (coke, fanta, sprite etc) the vodka tasted like chlorine and the ice cubes were vile. Not the best selection of spirits ive ever seen on the night. San miguel was nice although the wine was cheap and nasty.
Pool area was relatively clean except for the pool itself which was dirty and needed a good clean. No sunloungers, they were all reserved or broken if you went down anytime after 9. Got tutted at for using a table and chairs which had been piled on top of sunloungers that hadn't been used for 3 hours. Also got attitude for talking and laughing (not excessively loud) with my friend. Our lilos were also taken and used as sunlounger mattresses and we were scowled at when we asked for them back (even though we had paid for them €10 each).
Room was average always smelt nice and well presented however I doubt the floors were mopped once as there was constant sand and grit everywhere. Balcony wasn't touched. Beds only changed once after we stripped the beds on day 4. Towels were fresh everyday but on more than one occassion they were still dirty. Cleaners didn't pick up any rubbish or empty the bin properly. Raised a couple of issues with the hotel receptionist which fell on deaf ears.
Palmanova itself was lovely. Beautiful beach and the hotel is ideally located.
Over all we had an excellent holiday but thats because we met some brilliant people and made the most of Palmanova and magaluf, not because of the hotel. We would not go back and I would not recommend it either.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Palmanova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Hi! Palmanova Hotel Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensations by the sea, and a relaxing atmosphere make this hotel an excellent choice if you are looking for leisure and entertainment both during the day and in the evening. You can enjoy a marvelous holiday as a family, with your partner or with friends. Located only 250 metres from the beach next to the promenade in Palmanova. Refurbished in 2006. 210 rooms, with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. 1 adult pool, 1 children's pool, game room, a conference room (maximum 60 pax) is available, exceptional program of children's entertainment and entertainment for adults. You can enjoy magnificent golf and water sports facilities only a few metres away. Water parks nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fastbooking so you can book your Hi! Palmanova Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.