“Depends on what holiday you want” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hi! Palmanova Hotel

You added Hi! Palmanova Hotel to your Saves list
Hi! Palmanova Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Miguel de los Santos Oliver 13, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Depends on what holiday you want”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Me and my friends traveled here for a girls holiday after our A level exams. The hotel doesnt look the greatest from the outside, however once inside it was a nice enough hotel. We personally traveled here to enjoy the party scene in Magaluf and so did most the other guest, so if your looking for a family holiday in the high season then this is'nt the hotel for you. The rooms are basic, which to be honest is all we needed. Trying to find sunbeds in a group is difficult so get up around 8 to reserve these. The pool is an average size but not the biggest. The alcoholic drinks are STRONG but for our kind of holiday we didnt mind. The food was surprisingly nice. There was a cooked english every morning or a more continental selection too. Lunch and dinner did get a bit repetitive but there was always something to find. They had a kids section but it was literally chips, pizza, pasta which most of the adults ate anyway. The staff were always polite and friendly. The entertainment team start to get on your nerves after a few days, especially Jazzy, who couldnt take no for an answer for a while from one of my friends. The surrounding area is nice and the beach also. A walk into Magaluf round the coastal path took about 20-30 mins. Dont follow the road signs as we got lost so just stick to the coastal road. Nights out in Magaluf are not as bad as people make it out to be. Only one problem with a insistent bar rep but just stand your ground and you'll be fine. Also, getting a taxi as a group to Magaluf is cheap, only a couple of euros each. I would recommend this hotel for those who want a party holiday but want more relaxation during the day and actually want some sleep at night.

Room Tip: Get a high floor with a pool/sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
glsgopw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Been coming to Palma Nova for around 6 or 7 years now stayed in the sol Mirlos last year and every other year and this year its been the Palma Nova Hotel, I have just returned from 1 weeks all inclusive with a group of people , rooms were ready when we arrived although room walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from whoever is next door each way. 2nd night of arriving a group of people who were a few doors down were very loud coming in , in the early hours of the morning and didn't have any consideration for others we also had young kids with us. 3rd night the same couple and friends were at it again at 6pm all arguing shouting and tightening which resulted in them banging against most the doors in the corridors and arguing with people who stayed in other rooms shouting and balling at others, this resulted in a boy lying at the end of the corridor who was beating up lying there shouting and screaming, others who intervened took the other loud girl away and managed to split the fight up, eventually someone from hotel came up to the corridor but didn't do much looked at the guy who was lying on the ground who was still shouting and screaming and just walked away. this seemed to have calmed down the next day then again every other night if there wasn't chaps at the doors of these morons there was shouting and arguing, if you want a sun bed its the usual get up early and reserve one , as that was the case every day, rooms cleaned and fresh towels etc. every day and food I would say has went downhill from 2 years ago, not great selection especially for kids I ate out a good few times throughout my holiday due to this especially at lunch it seemed to be the worse selection of food. my kid was lucky to eat 2 times on my full holiday due to the selection, entertainment isn't that great either. great location for beach, shops and golf . Will not be returning here again after 6 previous visits was disappointed well and truly it certainly does not cater for family holidays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have just returned from Hotel Palmanova. Me and the wife are in our late 50's and this is our 8th trip to Palmanova. The previous ones have been at the top end of the bay in Torrenova but due to 18-30s overspil from Magaluf using the hotels we decided to move further round the bay. The first two nights we didn't get much sleep due to a group of three next door coming in from (guess where) at 4:00 in the morning which in itself wasn't a problem. The problem was that they had no consideration for other guests when in their room. It was six o'clock when they finally shut up and went to bed. Management did have a word after I complained the second night, but they left the following day anyway and we were o.k. for the rest of our stay. Why travel agents (Thomas Cook in particular) stick 18-30's in hotels for families and couples is beyond me as it is ruining the area. On our last day a small group of both lads and girls were throwing each other in the pool fully clothed and another group were kicking a ball around the pool and whacked it off the back of my wifes head. The next time they hit a man on a lounger with the ball, it was amusing when he stood up as he was about 6'2 and pushing 20 stone. They did tone it down after a few words. The hotel itself is nice with reasonable food and a nice and large pool area. Well positioned for beach and Golf Fantasia next door is a must if you haven't been before. We probably will return to this hotel as we do come twice a year and the 18-30's seem to be placed in most hotels around the bay by travel agents who don't give a stuff. The annoying thing is that when you talk to some of the younger ones they would prefer to based in Magaluf. The one thing we found with rooms are that the walls are so thin that if you do have noisy neighbours it sounds very noisy. Shame really as the place is o.k.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Palmanova Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Wales, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. This was our first visit to Palma Nova. On arrival we were told our room was ready, this was at 10 30 in morning so that was great. We found that 55 euro for a safe for 2 weeks with just 5 euro return was a bit steep but essential. Room was clean and tidy, air conditioning was a bit loud but not a problem. Downside to room was that even though cleaners came in and changed towels, emptied bin and made the beds, we never had clean sheets the whole fortnight we were there. I had a small cigarette burn in mine when I arrived and still had the same sheet on when I left. The food was great, I am a really fussy eater but managed to always find something I liked. We had 2 guys next door who were really noisy coming in but you can get that anywhere. On one occasion I came out of my room and one of them was sleeping in the corridor and had urinated all over the place and it had run all under the door into our room. I went straight to reception and reported it and they went and put him in his room, notified the cleaners and it was all cleaned immediately. Only downfall for us was the lack of entertainment, Elvis on a Saturday and a girl singer on the Monday and that was it unless you like to do a quiz or play mr and mrs etc. I found staff to be friendly and helpful if we needed to know anything. Really close to all the shops and beach with a great walk up to Magaluf either on the roadway or along the beaches. Beware of pickpockets when you go down to the front, there were several people in our hotel who had their wallets stolen from down there, it is a thieves paradise but if your careful then you should have a great holiday.

Room Tip: You will hear some noise wherever your room faces as the walls are so thin.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about the hotel.
Halifax West yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I and my husband returned for a second year, We loved it the same. I think some guest have such a bad holiday and its very unfortunate so i can only comment on my experience. I emailed ahead for a pool/view room and we got it upon arrival great room fantastic view. Some staff could do with smiling more but some guest could use more manners. Still the same situation with sun loungers can't get one unless up early some even in the middle of the night putting towels out. entertainment staff are good people but can only work with a willing audience!! Food not good we booked all inclusive because last year food was nice this year we ate out almost every day costing us extra. Overall great holiday because we make it good for ourselves. Rob jezza both fab

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

First of all there was an ant nest In our hotel room we phoned the front desk and told them they didn't do nothing about it- bad customer service. They then sent my friend an email when we came back of the holiday saying it wasn't their problem cheeky! Also the room sunk when we arrived. Also the bed sheets which were to be changed everyday to 'clean' ones had blood stains and dirt stains on them!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I Love palmanova and go every year!
I went to this hotel last year and have just made a trip advisor account so I fort I would leave my review from Oct 2012.
The first thing bad thing I'll mention is the food; myself and family was ill the last 4 days of our 2 week holiday and so where a few other people, they need to invest in some anti bacterial hand gel for going in and out the restaurant.
The entertainment was wicked! loads for the kids and Rob was amazing!
The pool was abit on the small side but we was always able to get a sunbed.
The room was basic, aslong as it has a bed, bath/shower, air con and a mirror what else do you need? your abroad why do you wanna spend it in your room watching tv?
haha 'Philip J' I know exacually who you mean about gangsta gran lmao!

would go here again tho :)

Room Tip: take earplugs, the walls are thin haha!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hi! Palmanova Hotel? Share your experiences!