“Entertainment Zero” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hi! Palmanova Hotel

You added Hi! Palmanova Hotel to your Saves list
Hi! Palmanova Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Miguel de los Santos Oliver 13, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Wales, uk
“Entertainment Zero”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. This was our first visit to Palma Nova. On arrival we were told our room was ready, this was at 10 30 in morning so that was great. We found that 55 euro for a safe for 2 weeks with just 5 euro return was a bit steep but essential. Room was clean and tidy, air conditioning was a bit loud but not a problem. Downside to room was that even though cleaners came in and changed towels, emptied bin and made the beds, we never had clean sheets the whole fortnight we were there. I had a small cigarette burn in mine when I arrived and still had the same sheet on when I left. The food was great, I am a really fussy eater but managed to always find something I liked. We had 2 guys next door who were really noisy coming in but you can get that anywhere. On one occasion I came out of my room and one of them was sleeping in the corridor and had urinated all over the place and it had run all under the door into our room. I went straight to reception and reported it and they went and put him in his room, notified the cleaners and it was all cleaned immediately. Only downfall for us was the lack of entertainment, Elvis on a Saturday and a girl singer on the Monday and that was it unless you like to do a quiz or play mr and mrs etc. I found staff to be friendly and helpful if we needed to know anything. Really close to all the shops and beach with a great walk up to Magaluf either on the roadway or along the beaches. Beware of pickpockets when you go down to the front, there were several people in our hotel who had their wallets stolen from down there, it is a thieves paradise but if your careful then you should have a great holiday.

Room Tip: You will hear some noise wherever your room faces as the walls are so thin.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Palmanova Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Halifax West yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I and my husband returned for a second year, We loved it the same. I think some guest have such a bad holiday and its very unfortunate so i can only comment on my experience. I emailed ahead for a pool/view room and we got it upon arrival great room fantastic view. Some staff could do with smiling more but some guest could use more manners. Still the same situation with sun loungers can't get one unless up early some even in the middle of the night putting towels out. entertainment staff are good people but can only work with a willing audience!! Food not good we booked all inclusive because last year food was nice this year we ate out almost every day costing us extra. Overall great holiday because we make it good for ourselves. Rob jezza both fab

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

First of all there was an ant nest In our hotel room we phoned the front desk and told them they didn't do nothing about it- bad customer service. They then sent my friend an email when we came back of the holiday saying it wasn't their problem cheeky! Also the room sunk when we arrived. Also the bed sheets which were to be changed everyday to 'clean' ones had blood stains and dirt stains on them!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I Love palmanova and go every year!
I went to this hotel last year and have just made a trip advisor account so I fort I would leave my review from Oct 2012.
The first thing bad thing I'll mention is the food; myself and family was ill the last 4 days of our 2 week holiday and so where a few other people, they need to invest in some anti bacterial hand gel for going in and out the restaurant.
The entertainment was wicked! loads for the kids and Rob was amazing!
The pool was abit on the small side but we was always able to get a sunbed.
The room was basic, aslong as it has a bed, bath/shower, air con and a mirror what else do you need? your abroad why do you wanna spend it in your room watching tv?
haha 'Philip J' I know exacually who you mean about gangsta gran lmao!

would go here again tho :)

Room Tip: take earplugs, the walls are thin haha!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
flint n wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

the hotel is a great allrounder room food and staff if you a nice hotel and like to be looked after this hotel is the place for you most of the people we spoke to have be going there for years great barbara from flint

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive comment about the hotel.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

just got back from this hotel,cannot believe some of the reviews.had a great time,travelled with my wife this time,last time went with my daughters and grandchildren.rooms were of a good 3 star standard,basic but clean and adequte.food was excellent good selection of hot and cold at all meals.pool area was clean and tidy.staff were frindly and helpful.only downside was we had a group of lads next door who liked to continue partying when they got back at about 5am,but they quitened down after a little word.would recommend this hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: poolview on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Palmanova Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nearly every thing was good. Location, Food, Staff, Cleanliness,Service at the bar, Room cleaning.
The pool area is crowded when the hotel is full and as with previous comments you have to be up early for sunbeds, one side of the pool doesn,t get much sun.
We were unlucky with our room. The a/c was working, just, noisey, and took ages to cool the room down.
If you sleep light you will struggle as you can hear your neighbours every movement and ours liked watching the tv all night up until 5am, but thats not the hotels fault just inconsiderate people, how sad, go on holiday to watch tv.
Internet around the hotel is charged at 18 euro a week. (A bit steep). On my last day I was informed it was free around the reception area.
The safe charges were also high 40 euro for 9 nights although 5 euro of that was the deposit.
On the whole the hotel is value for money.

Room Tip: light sleepers try try top of hotel end room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hi! Palmanova Hotel? Share your experiences!