I have been to this hotel every year for about 5 years in a row, I think depending on what time of year you go depends on the type of holiday you have. I went at the beginning of July for a week , for a last minute break with my mum before heading home to get married, so I just wanted to relax but obviously taking into consideration it was the beginning of the summer holiday so would be extremely busy.
I cannot fault the hotel what so ever checked in to the hotel and allocated a bedroom which was clean and tidy, yes the walls are paper thin but that is not necessarily a complaint. The food was decent and what you would expect for a three star hotel. The entertainment did not interest me but was suitable for families.
The bad points was at 4am on the first night all you could hear were lads running up and down the corridor screaming there heads off banding doors, this continued every night of our holiday. When going for breakfast in the morning it wasn't surprising to be greeted by the stench of urine along with corridor or a person sleeping where they had collapsed the night before. During the day groups of people screaming and swearing around the pool which I didn't necessarily mind but they were at lot of children around which was defiantly not appropriate. On the third day when I go out of bed at 9am and headed to the balcony i found a couple doing things on the balcony which should be done in the privacy of the bedroom, there were kids watching this. When going to see the Thomas Cook Rep Chris ( a complete waste of space) advised magaluf was overbook so the groups booked on 18-30 holidays were allocated to our hotel, We requested to be moved to a different park of the island but this could only be done for £500 which was ridiculous. I am not complaining about the people being transferred to the hotel at the end of the day these groups had booked club 18-30 holiday and that is what they wanted and should have been getting, it was the way Thomas Cook Rep handled the situation. Chris the Thomas Cook rep was more concerned about gaining his on commission from the big clubs to get the young ones in and not bothered about the rest of the guests who did not want that type of holiday. The hotel works on all inclusive wrist bands and guests under 18 were allocated with a different color so staff knew who not to serve alcohol to, the rep was advising them to remove them to get served alcohol which was ridiculous as some of these people certainly did not need anymore alcohol!!!!!
I felt extremely sorry for the hotel as they seemed extremely disheartened with there jobs and this is a complete change from the previous years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensations by the sea, and a relaxing atmosphere make this hotel an excellent choice if you are looking for leisure and entertainment both during the day and in the evening. You can enjoy a marvelous holiday as a family, with your partner or with friends. Located only 250 metres from the beach next to the promenade in Palmanova. Refurbished in 2006. 210 rooms, with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. 1 adult pool, 1 children's pool, game room, a conference room (maximum 60 pax) is available, exceptional program of children's entertainment and entertainment for adults. You can enjoy magnificent golf and water sports facilities only a few metres away. Water parks nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hi! Palmanova Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Hi! Palmanova Hotel Majorca