Myself & my boyfriend, both 20...stayed a the Palma Nova Hotel on the 25th August for 7 nights. We arrived at the hotel at 10am however our room wasn't ready until 1pm...but were given our all Inclusive bands the moment we arrived & were allowed to put our luggage in a room behind reception, so it wasn't that bad a wait. When our room was allocated, we found we were on the top floor, floor 7 - in the very last room on the corner of the block with views of both pools, a sea view & sort of side view of the main road - fantastic room ! The room and hotel in general were very clean, the maid changed our beds every two days and replenished our towels every day. The rooms were basic but very spacious with good wardrobe space and a good sized balcony. Safety deposit boxes were 20 euros with a 10 euro deposit.
The all inclusive programme was good, even the fussiest of eaters would be able to find something - breakfast was decent with cereals, toast & fry up food. At dinner there was always a wide variety of salads, pastas, meats & nice desserts & fruit too. The only thing I think the hotel is missing on the All Inclusive is a snack bar at the pool - it can be a bit of a pain in the afternoon having to dry off to sit down in the restaurant for lunch so maybe that could be introduced. The drinks were quite good, soft drinks, a small selection of cocktails, locally branded spirits & san miguel on tap - it is a standard 3 star so don't go expecting your cocktails in a crystal glass.
The pool area was always really busy but never rowdy or too noisy - the sunbed situation is a bit of a joke and if you dont want to spend your days lying on the ground then you need to join the 7.30am sunbed dash everyday ! The location of the hotel is fantastic, literally 1 street back from the lovely beach with a selection of bars & shops along the front. Its around 15/20 minutes from Magaluf if you want to venture in - we got a taxi along some nights which cost around 4/5 euros. We didnt really participate in any hotel entertainment, during the day there was a lunchtime quiz, waterpolo & some things for kids - at night there was usually the kids mini disco then a show with bingo & quizzes some nights. The animation team seemed nice enough and didnt push anybody into taking part however I can't really comment much on the standard of entertainment as we were out most nights.
Lastly, I would just like to mention how hard the staff at the hotel worked on the second last day of our holiday when Majorca was hit with a really bad storm, due to the hotel being situated on a slight slope - the entertainment area & dining room as well as around the pool area were flooded when the thunder storm hit. The staff worked very hard clearing up the mess left from the storm & tried there best to get the dining/entertainment that evening back to some sort of normality as quickly as possible so all credit to the bar & dining staff.
Overall If you're looking for a decent 3* hotel in a good location, decent food & drinks and want good value for money then this hotel is ideal for a budget holiday :)
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Palmanova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Hi! Palmanova Hotel Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensations by the sea, and a relaxing atmosphere make this hotel an excellent choice if you are looking for leisure and entertainment both during the day and in the evening. You can enjoy a marvelous holiday as a family, with your partner or with friends. Located only 250 metres from the beach next to the promenade in Palmanova. Refurbished in 2006. 210 rooms, with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. 1 adult pool, 1 children's pool, game room, a conference room (maximum 60 pax) is available, exceptional program of children's entertainment and entertainment for adults. You can enjoy magnificent golf and water sports facilities only a few metres away. Water parks nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fastbooking so you can book your Hi! Palmanova Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.