The hotel is very clean and the staff were all very very friendly in the reception, bars, kitchen and dinning area but the 3 people who are there to 'entertain' you are the worsed we have ever encountered at any hotel ever.
The female"entertainer" was plain rude to some people and made it quite plain she did not like kids or any one really, she strutted around and could not wait to get whatever activity finished as quick as possible!
The evening "entertainment" was inside and was told by the staff this is all year round because the hotel is in a residental area and even in October this room is very very hot, it does not have any air con in this part.
There were some nights when entertainment were brought in and on these nights it was excellent, we saw a brill Elvis tribute, a chap who sang Micheal Bubbel songs and the Sundaes who are 3 very talented and funny girls who sing like angels.
The leader of our "entertainment" team had the most incomprehensable voice I have ever encountered and was generaly disinterested in what they were supposed to be doing.
Finaly there was James, he did seem the most interested in what he was doing and did try to make things fun but without the others being in any way enthusiastic,he was fighting a losing battle, I felt a little sorry for him.
We were on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and also had a fab view of the sea as well.
The rooms were of a good size and our wardrobe had large sliding mirrored doors, very useful.
The bathroom was a good size with shower over the bath.
The safe was the old key type which is in the back of the wardrobe and cost 50 euros for the 2 weeks, which I feel is very steep, why do we have to pay for this? It annoys me every time!
We rarley saw the cleaning staff as they appeared to sort our rooms out by magic every time we were out, which was all sorts of different times of day! Fresh towels appeared every day and beds were made up or changed every day.
There are quite a lot of sunbeds but unfortunatly there are only a few of the new "sit up" types, the rest are quite uncomfortable and grubby. The pool was spotlessly clean but at this time of year a little chilly!
The food served in the dinning area is hot, tasty and there is a huge choice of foods, always plenty of salads, chips, 3 meats,veg, pastas and at least 1 fish dish and another potatoe dish, desserts are lots of cakes, fresh fruit, yogarts,ice creams, some times there is even rice pudding!!! Red / white wine and water is available for All inclusive guests at lunch and dinner to help yourself to, for anything else you need to go to the pool bar in the day or after 6pm the main bar.
On the whole this hotel is lovely, very close to the beach in a nice quiet area just behind the Golf Fantasia (large mini golf place), the shops bars and resturaunts are within very easy reach and it is approx 30 mins to walk to Magaluf, if you are going to be entertained then do not go here.
There should be a good rating because it is better than average but not very good.
Dont be put off by others who say it is rubbish as it is certainly not, it has people returning year after year, we talked to some who have been returning 12 years running, 8 years running and loads who have been there for the last few years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensations by the sea, and a relaxing atmosphere make this hotel an excellent choice if you are looking for leisure and entertainment both during the day and in the evening. You can enjoy a marvelous holiday as a family, with your partner or with friends. Located only 250 metres from the beach next to the promenade in Palmanova. Refurbished in 2006. 210 rooms, with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. 1 adult pool, 1 children's pool, game room, a conference room (maximum 60 pax) is available, exceptional program of children's entertainment and entertainment for adults. You can enjoy magnificent golf and water sports facilities only a few metres away. Water parks nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hi! Palmanova Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Hi! Palmanova Hotel Majorca