“VALUE FOR MONEY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fergus Tobago

Save Saved
You added Fergus Tobago to your Saves list
Fergus Tobago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Martin Ros Garcia 1 | 1 Urb. Torrenova, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain (Formerly Hotel d'Or Tobago)   |
Ranked #29 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
swindon
“VALUE FOR MONEY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August for a hen do, and for a 3 star hotel I was very impressed. Considering the reviews that I had read I feel some people really have not travelled!! as reading some of the reviews they made me feel uneasy about going.
The staff were very friendly, the location was great, a stone through away from a lovely beach, where their are some great places to eat and have lovely cocktails.
Their was 4 of us and even though we went all inclusive, we did not eat much at the hotel the first few nights as we had planned to treat the hen to a lovely meal looking over the beach. So easy to arrange as the beach was so close. When we did eat in the hotel, the selection was good they catered for all ages for a 3 star hotel it was great, the bread was even warm. The cocktails was not so good, but the sangria was great and larger was on tap so I was happy. We told the travel agent that we was on a hen party, so I was told that's why we was on the 1st floor, and the cleaners was based out side our room so I was reassured that the cleaning started early!! but I would recommend going up a level and if I had realised our hen weekend was not going to be so noisy, I think in hindsight I should not of mentioned we was on a hen do and we would of be given a room on the upper ground. We did hear a few lads having a bit of fun late one night but isn't that what people do on holiday. The entertainment was mainly music but the setting is so nice, that spending some quality time with a hen group was nice just to sit and chat, but some fantastic entertainment just across the road. We had no problems with our belongings as Said the security guard made us feel so safe!! Some great things to do if you have the energy after a night on the strip and we are thinking of going again next year but with the children as the strip was far enough away so not to impact on a family holiday as we know they would love all the things to do on the beach and the swimming pool was a good size. Free table tennis , sun loungers a bit sparse but we always got one as we are early risers, but the great thing is that if their are no sun loungers for 7 euros you can get one on the lovely beach. As for the sun I seen it all day, and came home with a fantastic tan. What more could you ask for. Thanks to my daughter Tracey for suggesting this location.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid the cleaners waking you up
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear dee l,

We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that you were not put off by some more negative reviews. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you on complementing our staff and location, and special regards from Said!
Should you chose to book with us again, and have a special request regarding which floor you would like to stay on, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we would do everything possible to comply.

Many Thanks and hope to see you again!

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my week stay here end of June/beginning of July. I wasn't expecting too much considering the reasonable prices but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean and bed sheets changed nearly every day with clean towels always provided. I came with two friends for a relaxing girly holiday and the hotel suited us fine. Even though I'm a fussy eater there was always something I would eat. When we arrived we appeared to be the only young group at the hotel and it seemed very family based, however towards the end of our stay the hotel got quite noisy and much fuller, during peak season I would say it's more suited to younger guests due its location about 2 mins walk from the bottom of the strip. I've read as few people's reviews that I found worrying regarding thefts ect, but I experienced no such thing, though I was warned by a rep for nearby bcm destination to be wary of my bag especially at night, so it's best just to be as vigilant as possible with valuables. I was slightly worried about the ease to get another key for our room without any identification, security could be better improved by requiring proof of identity to revive a room key copy.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear koopatroopa28,

Thank you for writing about your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor, we are extremely glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We much appreciate your recommendation of the quality and the variety of the food in our restaurant.
In response to your weariness about the ease to obtain a copy card to your room, please rest assured that we only make copies without checking identification to guests we have become to know, therefore aware of their name and room number. Any other guest who is not personally known to us must undergo a series of security questions.

Thank you again and best wishes!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I went here for a hen do that I organised! Before we went I read the reviews and was very worried about staying here! However all I can say is I must of stayed in a different hotel because it exceeded my expectations. The location is perfect, two streets away from the top of the the famous strip! Far enough away for you not to hear it if you have a quiet night (haha) the beach is stunning! You do have to pay for sunbirds however this isn't unusual. They had many watersports going on. I was there for a week and never once saw a prostitute. There was only ever children on the trampolines. The food was all inclusive and not your 5 star gourmet however it was good enough for everyone I was with to always eat. The cocktaisl were not nice in my opinion. Go to the beach for lovely cocktails! However beer and vodka and sangria was good. We were also allowed to get more than one drink at once. The hotel was clean, in the bathroom there was a cockroach however this was reported and sorted. We stayed on level 1 which was very noisy in the morning by the maids which was a real pain. So request to be up higher. The staff were on the whole helpful. Big shout out to kristopher, the security guard, and all the waiters. Very friendly. One was rude a lady didn't get her name. Please get some more sun loungers and ones where the backs adjust, as I will be back next year with my children!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear tlait83,

We are very grateful for your taking the time to write about your experience here with us, and that your break reached your expectations and more. A big thank you on behalf of Kristopher, Said the security guard, and everyone else here at Fergus Tobago.
It is fantastic that you have decided to visit us again next year, and we take on board your suggestions about improving the issue of the sun beds.

Many Thanks!
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Returned today after 7 nights. I was a little worried when reading the reviews on here but no need to worry

Staff were very helpful

Carrie who workes in the bar was great so nice and helpfull

There was a good variety of food options I am a picky eater but I always found something to eat

Free wifi in the reception area which was great

If I returned to Palma I would stay here again for sure

The only problem I had was my holiday went so quick :-(

Room Tip: We stayed overlooking the pool and the sea room 115 which was on the 1st floor we never had any prob...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kerry252013,

Thank you for your positive review, we are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us here at Fergus Tobago.
We are glad that you found our staff to be helpful, and would like to send you kind regards on behalf of Carrie, who would like to thank you for the special mention.

Best Wishes and hope to see you again on your next visit.
Glasgow Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have just returned after a 5 night stay here. I was quite apprehensive about previous bad reviews but I need not have worried. I was staying on my own. Booked Hotel & Transfer through Alpharooms, everything spot on time. Upon entering the reception the friendly receptionist quickly booked me in and asked me to go back for my All-Inclusive band at 1pm. I went to my room and was pleasantly surprised as it was spacious with three beds in. A large bathroom and a small TV high up on the wall. I opened the curtains only to be disappointed at the view of the roof of the hotel entrance canopy which is just above ground level. I asked to change my room, the receptionist assured me it was safe ( as I was concerned people could - if they wanted to - get up on the roof and walk past the rooms ). Alternatively she could offer me a single room. I decided to stay in the first room and to be honest it was absolutely fine. I did check around the patio doors to see if they had been gemmied at any point but they were all secure. The maids came in every day and changed towels (and sheets if you wanted).
Now to the dining experience. I have to say this is one of the best ever. From breakfast to dinner I didn't have a single complaint. Staff were very friendly, upon seating they brought a 2L bottle of chilled water and always offered wine. There is also Beer/Sangria Fanta/Coke/Sprite on tap (Sangria is brilliant). There is a table of amazing fresh & varied breads. Breakfast offered cereals, cheeses, meats, yogurt, variety of eggs, bacon, beans, toast machine, tea/coffee/fruit juices. Lunch/dinner had fab selection of salads/entrees, mains consisted of everything from Paella, lots of pork & ham dishes, veal, pasta, vegetarian selection, amazing selection of potato dishes, beautiful kebabs on sticks, seafood stews, fresh sardines/fish. Always fresh fruits, ice creams, sorbets, desserts. Everything was totally fresh. I noticed the chefs actually come out of the kitchen all the time to check things over. During the day there are some snacks available at the bar, to be honest I only ever tried one slice of pizza and it was lovely. The bar area is inside just next to the pool, again the bar staff were very friendly always smiling, infact all the staff were super friendly. I never had any problems queuing. The drinks were lovely. I sat by the pool every night, they play music. There was a lovely girl trying her hardest to get people to join in some fun and games, it was such a shame as no-one except a few did. A couple of nights there were singers on. The A.I. lasts until 11am - 11pm. The hotel had mainly Spanish/Russian guests but this didn't bother me at all. The hotel has in my opinion a superb location right across from the beach and in a real busy area, so if you are looking for a quiet peaceful experience it might not be for you unless you take some earplugs (which I did). Overall an excellent hotel with great staff. I would go back in a minute and I would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bacardigirl_45,

We are extremely grateful and pleased to receive such a positive review. Your compliments on our staff are received with much appreciation, and on behalf of everyone here we would like to extend our special thanks!
We look forward to seeing you on your next holiday!

Many Thanks!
Tirana, Albania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel exceeded my 3* expectations. nice but it can improve on the cleaning. the view from the room was very nice but there was a constant noise from the hotel in front (a non-stopping AC unit on top of the other hotel would bother you after a while).
food was very good but that cannot be said about the pool; small and too much chlorine (anyways, who needs a pool when the fine sea is so close by!!!)
too many paid services on the down side; safe, TV... but this does effect the overall good opinion.
would recommend it for couples but I cannot see me taking my children there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view but beware... the elevator takes a while
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lorenc_80,

On behalf of everyone here at Fergus Tobago we would like to thank you for sharing your experience, and that we reached your expectations, even exceeding them in the quality of the service provided. We take on board your suggestions, thus enabling us to work towards improving the issues mentioned.

Kind Regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend on the 8th august to the 15th, and i loved it the buffet was amazing the breakfast was fantastic bacon eggs, toast, beans, croissants and plenty more dinner changed every day cottage pie, paella, meatballs, pizza, fish pie, viel stew, curry, chips, steaks, and loads more they had freshly baked bread and ciabatta/baguettes, the drinks at the bar were great fresh cocktails san miguel, and more, staff was amazing the hotel manager was a very nice guy and pretty funny but was allways helpful, the receptionists were very helpful and lovely.. I really liked the security man a real gental giant allways helped us.. The resteraunt staff were fantastic giving us a fresh bottle of water when we sat down, the maids were a pain though waking you up every day at 9 a.m, very rude, i once left my room for 2 hours only to come back just to get money from my safe but the maid was demanding i wait 10 minutes for her to finish cleaning.. I said ill only be 2 seconds but she started screaming saying i had no manners, when she finally finish i realised the reason she was being mad was because i startled her as all my luggage and my friends luggage had been routed through but luckily all are possesions were in the safe and we had the safe key, i really reccomend this hotel but make sure you hire a safe and put the key in a safe place when you go out great staff except the maids there horrible, its obvious that the people complaining on here about things being stolen that it is the maids. But its a brilliant hotel round the corner from magaluf and palma nova its grat for families as there is no noise and young ones as it a 2 minute walk from the strip.. Brilliant

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Marty,

We are delighted to hear that you had a brilliant stay with us, and thank you very much for your wonderful words regarding our Manager, Reception Staff, and Restaurant Staff.
On the other hand we would like to apologize about the unpleasant events which you experienced with our maid, we are sure it was a matter of a misunderstanding as the maids often tend to move the guest's belongings in order to clean around them, but in any case, we are looking into the issue.
Again, please accept our apologies, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Fergus Tobago? Share your experiences!