We booked this as an extra holiday at the end of summer. Thomas Cook brochure shows 3 stars which is what we expected and what we got. The hotel does have 4 stars on their sign but certainly is not 4 star.
Firstly to deal with the issues of thefts as reported in other reviews.
We asked Craig,Thomas Cook Rep, about the comments and he said he and the hotel had only had 3 reported thefts over the 22weeks of the season. He felt that some reports may have been insurance claim motivated. He advised anything kept in the room safe would be fine. Hired a safe, no problems with anything going missing and did not hear of anyone else having an issue.
Check in was quick an efficient and reception dealt with any queries as required.
The hotel is old fashioned and in need of a refurb
Room was acceptable size, small bathroom but clean and adequate, if you do not want a long soak in a bath (3/4 size). Take your own hair dryer ! Linen changed regularly and adequate cleaning. Beds basic with thin mattresses. Air con was not very effective and a bit noisy.
The restaurant is too small for the number of guests. I did not enjoy queuing for a table at busy times. Snacks are only available in the restaurant and can not be taken out. Wine and soft drinks with meals are from dispensers. Pleasant staff but no table service except removing plates.
Food was adequate but limited and often over cooked. Sweets were mainly sponge,jelly,trifle or blancmange. There was always salad and fruit available. Breakfast was generally good.
The pool is adequate but small and cold. Good job it was not used often as the regular life guard was the most miserable, finicky ( kept re arranging the chairs round tables ) person who kept wandering around and when he was at the pool stationed himself at the shallow end. I never saw him make eye contact or engage with any guests.
Due to the, now mature, trees round the pool and sun deck areas there is an element of chasing the sun around during the day. Again the tree also help as there are very few sun shades. Still it was adequate during our stay which was happily a very warm sunny 2 weeks.
Entertainment was the main area where the hotel needs to do more. Gaz and Kay( a Yorkshire lass ) worked very hard and did their best but there were only 3 or 4 evenings where other acts had been booked ( none of them that good ) during the 2 weeks we were there. Do not really pay just to have quizzes, games with cards or Karaoke .
All entertainment was inside in a long thin lounge. There is a stage with a room behind outside but this does not appear to have been used for some time.
During the time we were there the guests were mainly older and I felt sorry for the few young groups who were conspicuous by there absence most of the time. Thomas Cook and the hotel need to be clear who they are catering for when taking bookings.
The soft drinks were ok but the spirits were awful,especially the Vodka ! although all inclusive we went out many nights and had an enjoyable couple of meals out too.
Whilst the hotel was closing for the season on the day we left I do not think it was fair that they appeared to close bits and pieces down during the last week e.g. Drinks dispensers in the restaurant closed one by one. The pool bar closed ( indoor bar was open instead ).pool table removed, they stopped taking booking for excursions,etc.
All in all pretty average with room for improvement . Would not have wanted this as a main holiday hotel but was ok as a base for an enjoyable two weeks at the end of the season.
Make sure you pay a visit to Golf Fantasia 54 hole mini golf which is just around the corner. Buy your ticket at the hotel as cheaper then on the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is a stone's throw away from one of the very best and famous beaches of Majorca. The hotel located in the municipality of Calvia, just 14km from the capital city, Palma de Mallorca. The area is known for its perfect combination of nature, relaxation, leisure activities, gastronomy, shopping and beaches of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. It has everything you need for the perfect holiday experience in the sun for all the family. The hotel offers 193 comfortable rooms, all well equipped and come with a balcony as standard from which you can admire the stunning natural scenery. The hotel provides excellent cuisine for you to sample, and attractive bars and lounge areas where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere. The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is the best choice to experience an unforgettable holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Palace Hotel
- Palmanova Palace Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova Palace
- Palma Nova Palace Majorca
- Palma Nova Palace Hotel
- Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel Majorca