Arrived on Saturday 14th so only two days into our stay. On arrival at 9.30 at night we were still a little apprehensive as the reception area, being next to the entertainment was very noisy and guests were clearly enjoying the 'all inclusive' drink facility. Reception staff were helpful and we were advised of our room. The hallway carpet leading to our room was very old and not very clean, however it was evening and maybe had its daily clean that morning. Rooms are very, very basic, but thankfully our room was clean and was cleaned again the following morning. Not a very nice view from our room as we are on a lower floor but it is very quiet during the night so we felt the quiet room was the better option. The hotel would benefit from a complete refurbishment as it is very tired throughout.
The restaurant is fine, the food is ok in the restaurant. So far there hasn't been a lot of choice, even the salad offerings are basic and unimaginative (Put some tuna and some nice imaginative salad bowls on please). If you want a snack during the day it is a 'do it yourself' hot dog or toastie, with the ingredients set out in the 'all inclusive' bar area by the pool (which is also self service!). In the evening, if you want a snack - made up ham and cheese sandwichs on white bread, wrapped in cling film can be collected at the bar! To their credit, the hotel has taken on board comments made and have made some changes, for example:
1) New sun beds have been purchased ( althought there are still plenty old uncomfortable ones so you need to be quick)
2) an 'all inclusive' drinks facility has been made available in the evenings on the same floor as the entertainment
3) the pool is not littered with rubbish, this may be because the clientele at the moment have the grace and good manners to pick their rubbish up, however i have seen the pool attendant going around regularly to pick up and dispose of any stray cups/ rubbish etc.
4) I haven't, so far seen any other undesired rubbish lying around.
On the plus side:
1) All staff, so far, have been very friendly and helpful
2) The rooms are basic but clean
3)The entertainment staff are great and very hardworking
4) All inclusive drinks and snacks are readily available and the self serve, I'm sure, will suit many
5) Very central location, only a 5 minute walk into Palma Nova and the lovely Palma Nova beach.
All in all - despite the negatives, this is a better experience than we were expecting. Mimosa hotel - keep addressing the issues raised in the reviews and you can only improve. The Majorcan sunshine, however, makes up for everything!
- Also Known As:
- Hi Mimosa Park Hotel
- Mimosa Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hi Mimosa Park
- Mimosa Hotel Majorca
- Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the marvellous walks along the Promenade in Palmanova next to the sea or enjoy the varied nightlife. In the Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel you can enjoy your stay combining leisure and relaxation.Located in Palmanova only 500 metres from the beach and 20KM from Palma. It has 287 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower and toilet. 1 adults pool and 1 for children and a varied entertainment programme to enjoy yourself by day or night. In the surroundings you can find a great range of additional local water and sports activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.