“Never again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel to your Saves list
Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Cas Sabones 28, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
“Never again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We also went half board we were told that we could only use one bar as the other was for fully inclusive guests only. The food was average however, if you prefer salads the selection was good. The rooms very dated and shabby noisy at night we were woken up several nights by the guests in the next rooms opening the patio doors which were very stiff and hard to open and close. Most of the staff were nice and pleasant however, there were a couple of staff in the restaurant which were very rude to guests. The lifts were slow and it was quicker to use the stairs during the day.

• Stayed September 2013
HiHotels, Gerente at Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at the Hotel

Your comments are very valuable for us and give us a great opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.

Please accept our best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Colne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My two girls (aged 18 and 13) and I were at this hotel from 19th-30th August 2013 on the 8th floor and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a few issues which I think could only be resolved by expansion. There were not enough space around the pool to sunbath nor enough room to sit outside during the evening. Apart from that I found everything else excellent. There was plenty of choice at meal times, the food was nice and the staff very friendly. The Hotel was clean and reception staff very helpful. The walls to the room were very thin, so I think If you get a noisy neighbour it could become troublesome. The entertainment team were amazing "Rusty" made me laugh so much, good all round family entertainment. All in all a great hotel, close enough to town and the beach and far enough away from the noise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiHotels, Gerente at Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for constructive criticism and we will be pleased if you give further preference to our hotel.
We are very happy that you had a great time at our hotel.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

never would I stay here again.. got told it was an 18-30s hotel ovisly not. Food was crap all they was were fish, shrimp, and seafood soup. staff was very rude didn't even say hello and put me and my friends on 4 different floors. The all inclusive bar was even more crap! they was a million wasp coming out off the drinks and all-over the hotdogs, our beach towels got stolen. Was threatened to get kicked out because we was apparently been 'noisy' so they nearly made us homeless. Trampy rooms that never got cleaned. no clean towels. would never stay here again.....

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Mimosa. We always ask for a high floor & a sea view when we get there & we have always got it. We find all the staff friendly & polite. The rooms are adequate for a holiday, just the same as most 3 star hotels. We did have a few noisy teenagers on our floor this year, first time ever, but as we are so close to Magaluf thats only to be expected. We stayed half board & the food is good with plenty of choice, the location is good, close to the beach & Magaluf. Santa Ponsa is just a short bus ride away. The entertainment team work very hard & there are plenty of activities to take part in. We would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as it quieiter
Dear guest,

We highly appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your impression of your stay.
We are very happy that you had a good time at our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Please accept our best regards.
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I have just returned after a 7 day holiday in The Mimosa Park, I nearly died when I saw our room 2nd floor and looking on to a road not as requested on booking I requested a high room floor and sea view to be fair to them they did accommodate this request after complaining.
We were then given a room on the 7th floor on entering the room it was like stepping back in time 25 years in time to be precise basic to say the least no drawers old Hygena looking wardrobes no seat at what I assumed was a dressing table I had to take one of the plastic seats from the balcony, and apparently all the rooms in the hotel are twin rooms another thing not specified when booking, the beds are a disgrace the most uncomfortable beds we have slept in ever, and the walls are paper thin you can hear every word or whatever from your neighbours rooms.
We decided to try all inclusive for the first time and the food was plentiful and very nice but a downside to being all inclusive in the establishment is that the drinks bar is a floor below the entertainment area even though there is a bar on this floor all inclusive customers can’t use this.
We will not return.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are grateful that you took the time and trouble to write about your holiday. We take your comments very seriously and they do help to improve our standards and services.

Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked this for my husband and I with our 18 month old daughter. I was cagey about going after reading the reviews but I booked it going on my own previous experience. I stayed here in 2008 and although its been 5 years, the rooms are still very basic with no changes whatsoever. We got to the hotel quite late and our toddler was way past her bed time! This was no fault of the hotel but the guy at reception would not accept my print off paperwork.. We basically had to beg for our room for the night that he only granted on account if us having a baby with us. Our room was 204- right overhead where all deliveries come into the hotel. Needless to say that we didn't get a wink of keep due to all the noise. That was apart from the party people we also had to the left and right of our room... At 7.50 the following morning our maid decided to let herself into our room - good job we were all fully clothed! She was coming in to tell me to go to reception as we were not entitled to b staying as I never produced paperwork... I had to guess this was her reason for inviting herself in as she hadn't a word of English.. Anyways I brought the details to the morning receptionist and to be told this was infact the correct document.. I told them it was unacceptable and demanded a new room which he in fairness did provide.. We were on the 7th floor and it was a bit bigger than pokey hole room 204 but it was full of ants.. My 18 month old had a pain in her a%&e for the 7 days we were there because we couldn't let her down on the floor for obvious reasons.. But she made a better job of cleaning the floor with her baby wipes than the maids- a bare lick of a mop and towels changed - job done!!! The food was only alright- plenty available though but bland.. The pool area for our baby was ideal but as for sun loungers- forget about it.. Funnily people not only made a point of putting towels on the sun loungers but their towels actually said RESERVED! Enough Said, Rant over! Been there done that, would not return.. Ideal location..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent visit to the Hotel

I do hope I can address all the points that you have raised.

Meanwhile, please accept our best regards.
liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, I was concerned after reading some of the reviews on here but I had a good time.
We stayed on the first floor room was small and basic, but maid came everyday and changed our towels ,the aircon is free but not that effective. The view from our room was of some bins so not great. A problem we did have was the door and safe locks were hard to open at times, this hotel could do with getting electronic locks.
I had read on here that the staff were rude I certainly did not think that, they were all nice to us Rafa on reception was very nice and Javi in the restaurant was so sweet asking us how we were everyday. The all inclusive food is ok nothing amazing,fish,salads,different meats I ate a lot of chips. At breakfast there was a cooked selection and cereals plus croissants and muffins etc.

The all inclusive drinks included coffee(tasted a bit strange),tea, soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits.
The big problem as other people have mentioned on here is the area you get drinks from which you have to scan into. During the day its fine but of a night when you are trying to watch the entertainment its such a pain having to go up and down two flights of stairs when you want a drink.
The hotel is in a good location,2 mins walk into palma nova and 10 minutes to magalluf. I saw quite a lot of young groups staying here but didn't have any problems with noise, however if you stayed at a busy time this could be different.
A big plus for this hotel is the entertainment team, Rusty ,Michelle and Jake probably the best I have seen at a hotel, very funny they work all day and night hope they get some recognition for their hard work.
Would also be helpful to be given an information sheet when you arrive, as you don't get told where to get drinks, where the entertainment is, where the restaurant is etc. I only knew from reading reviews on here.
I would go back to this hotel

Room Tip: As I stayed on a low floor and had no noise problems I would say ask for a low floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Kind regards,

Been to Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel? Share your experiences!