“if u want to sleep then go somewere else” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel

You added Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel to your Saves list
Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Cas Sabones 28, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
“if u want to sleep then go somewere else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

as in my title if u want to sleep go some were else that is true i have just come back from mimosa park with my 6 yr old daughter and my mum on arriving on the 29th july the hotel seemed to be the same as when we have visited it before on various other years (2000 & 2005) but as we went down to the bar we was told that all inclusive customers have to go threw a barrier and help there self to drinks now that might sound good to some ppl but when u have paid a lot of money for your holiday 2me you don't want 2b making your own drinks and pouring your own beer that is what u pay a service for i thought. The rooms were very clean but basic, as we were tired from travelling on the 1st day we went 2 bed at 11 only 2b woke up at around 2 with young and livelys and then they start to play there music ,start singing,dancing and shouting in the corridors and in the rooms so we heard it all because the walls are as thin as paper till about 6 in the morning then the young ones seem to go to sleep but for us oh now its time to get up if you want a decent sun bed i went down by the pool every day at 7 and nearly all the good ones were already taken as well as the umberellas. Also the first few days when we were there we was told by the entertainers there was no kids club until they get enough children and that was one of the reasons why we booked this hotel because it said family entertainment but then they did start the kids mini disco a few days later. overall if you have young children then you could be taking a risk staying at this hotel because sadly the 18-30s do seem to have taken it over .oh on the plus side the food was lovely and a lot of different choice

Room Tip: sorry no good tips for good rooms because you will either get woke up by young adults or the busy ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at mimosa park with my 3 closest friends (all 18) for our first holiday away with no parents to celebrate the end of sixth form and all our hard work. We arrived on the Wednesday at 1.30 and was instantly told that we wouldn't be staying there that night, and that we would be stating at another hotel, and that a taxi has been booked for us, and we'll be able to check in to mimosa the next morning. Obviously, we were outraged and confused, but after travelling for nearly 12 hours, we just wanted to go to sleep. We went and checked in at the other hotel and me and one of the other girls went out for a beer and a pizza to calm down, before going to sleep. Next morning, we had breakfast and checked out to return to mimosa. The receptionist in the morning was very nice and apologetic, however the man during the night was straight out rude and inconsiderate to us. Other than that, we had a great time while at mimosa. The food was great, with a wide selection of different countries tastes. We always had something to eat, which we always enjoyed. The all inclusive section was very good, and we always seemed to have a drink in hand. The entertainers were very friendly, they did cater more towards the 18-30 year olds. But they were very good with the children and older couples. The pool was a decent size, and there was always room to swim or to mess around with friends. The rooms were clean and a decent size, with a balcony, however we soon realised that the bed sheets were not getting changed. The bathroom was clean, without any rust that some pictures have shown. We were never woken up during the night because of teenagers shouting/ singing/ running down the halls, and we never saw any condoms on door handles. There was various articles of clothing on the roofs below our rooms, but they would then be tidied up by the end of the day. It is also a literal 10 minute walk from the beach and Palma nova's bars and clubs and a 20/25 minute walk from magaluf, which two of us visited one night. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at mimosa, but wouldn't recommend it for families with young children, during the beginning of July.

Wigan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and the wife 26/27 respectively arrived on the 19th july and thought that the hotel wasn't as bad as first expected. We like a relaxing holiday not a lively holiday. We were in room 132 and to be fair neighbours on both sides to us were couples and therefore quiet. Yes when we first arrived there were more young groups than families so we thought here we go but as the week progressed we noticed more families were arriving meaning a quieter hotel. However the pool wasn't very quiet or clean so we headed for the beach everyday where we relaxed. The food was good. Especially the goulash on Tuesday night. But be warned. The higher floor you go the more noisier it gets therefore less sleep. Just go. Enjoy yourself. Go the beach and relax. Request a room on a lower floor.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have just returned from mimosa park hotel with my 65 yr old mum & 13 yr old daughter and what a nightmare it was ! On the first night we were put in a room with broken air con ( which the staff were aware of but still put us there) . After complaining we moved rooms. On arrival there was a used condom on the door handle and a puddle of urine outside our door !!! After complaining again was told couldn't be moved again as all rooms were full. Every night we got woke by party animals banging screaming swearing returning from nights out & this carried on till morning.The reception staff were rude and not very helpful . Entertainment was focused on the 18-30 nothing for kids at all . I worked hard to save up for this hol and what a waste it has been ! I was told this was a family with kids orientated hotel...what a load of rubbish !! My advice to anyone who has booked to go here or is thinking of going here .... DO NOT DO IT !!! The best thing for this hotel is to shut down . Book elsewhere to avoid a holiday from hell !!! Absolutely disgusting !!!!!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Me and 3 of my friends stayed in this hotel for a week. We arrived in the early hours of Thursday morning to a very rude receptionist who told us that we weren't staying in the hotel that night due to them over booking and not having rooms available for us. So we got sent to another hotel that night and then returned the next day. Which we were then greeted by a friendly receptionist and given our rooms. Two of us having room 424 and the other two in room 415. Both rooms were very basic but liveable, cleaned everyday and a decent size. (If you are in a room facing the main road it gets all the sun in the afternoon which is lovely to be able to sit outside on a night).

The food was delicious, was a variety of options and I never found myself with no options to choose from.
The self service bar for the all inclusive is great. However, at the start of our holiday it was surrounded by large groups of lads getting very drunk and taking advantage of the free alcohol before they headed off into maga. Coming to the end of the holiday (when schools finished) it was a lot nicer. With more families arriving and the atmosphere being more friendly. Within the snack bar it is open from 10:30 - 11:30, and there is a snack bar init which is lovely also.

The entertainment team are very good! Put on a great show on a night and it is always entertaining. They also provide activities throughout the day at the pool which are also good. Two of my friends competed in the Girls VS Boys competition & the volleyball.

I would say that before all the schools finish it is very much a hotel for the 18 - 30. However, from that it is very much a family hotel. With regards to the complaints about the noise I didn't hear anything. I slept all through the nights get any bother what so ever.

The lifts are very slow. Luckily we was only on the 4th floor so wasn't too bad to walk down the stairs. However, they are very slow!

I would definitely stay at this hotel and would recommend it.

Would also recommend that you go to the Western Water Park. It is a great day out! & to the bar called 'Stadium'.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on lower floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Burnley, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 10 nights from the 13th - 23rd July accompanied by my husband, daughter and her friend both 18 yrs old.

We stayed on the first floor and didn't experience any noise throughout the night, however there was a used condom thrown down onto our balcony. Most of the erratic noise did go on from the 7th floor upwards. The girl's room was opposite ours and no sooner had we arrived they had a couple of promoters knocking on their room door trying to sell them tickets for a booze cruise, they may have been genuine but there were also some fake promoters keeping the deposits with no event actually booked. However, the girls thoroughly enjoyed their stay due to Magaluf only being a short walk and meeting the large groups of young people during their stay.

We heard that the large groups who were being rowdy and throwing broken chairs had already left when we arrived. In the first few days the large groups did take over the drinking areas, table and chairs but seemed polite with the exception of one or two groups chanting football songs. The self service was a bad idea as the young people were putting 3 to 4 shots of alcohol into several cups to take to their rooms, this held up the queue which was pure greediness and inconsideration to others, these were mainly girls. To designate this area only to inclusive customers was a bad idea as you had to walk 3 flights of steps with your drinks to go to the entertainments venue as the bar upstairs only served paying customers. This had a major affect on the entertainment's staff, who worked very hard throughout the day and the night, as the audience was very minimal.

All hotel staff were very friendly and worked extremely hard. The rooms were cleaned every day and were spotless. The food was nice, there was something for everyone and again the catering staff were constantly on the move and friendly. The atmosphere during the day around the poolside was lively with various activities going on throughout the day provided by the entertainment staff. The only downside was the large groups of lads throwing balls across the pool, I use to relax on a lilo in the morning while it was quiet, then left the pool in the afternoon once the young people had joined us.

The hotel was in a good location and Palmanova and it's surroundings was a very beautiful place to visit. As we approached the the latter half of our 10 day stay, a lot of the large groups had left and more families were arriving. Tables and chairs became free, queues became smaller and everything calmed down.

I would recommend that the upstairs bar opens up to All Inclusive customers and the downstairs scanning system become open to youngsters so they can get their own snacks and drinks without bothering their parents. The whole idea of an All Inclusive holiday is that the parents can relax and the children become more independent.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and I would return to this hotel, but only during the school holidays as it does definitely accommodate more families than groups of teenagers during that time. Rusty and co were great entertainment staff, very friendly, lively and worked extremely hard. Just take into consideration the time of year you may want to visit this this hotel to accommodate your needs and expectations.

Room Tip: Lower floors are less noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went here with my partner (ages 40 and 46) from 14/07 to 21/07. I will start with the positives first.....rooms were basic but did the job, somewhere to shower (I won't say somewhere to sleep, I'll come to that further on!!). Food was actually very good and for all those reviews that have said that it isn't well they can't have been to any other all inclusive hotels before because to be fair the variety is just about the same wherever you go. Well I am afraid they are the positives, now to the NEGATIVES:
We were given a room on the 9th floor (the top floor) and after having read previous reviews about if you get put on the top floor you will get put with all the young rowdy ones I thought how on earth would the hotel know who were the rowdiest people when checking in so thought we would chance it, BAD BAD MISTAKE. When we got to the room whilst unpacking, 2 groups of lads either side of our room started shouting over the balcony at each other, well that I sorted straight away and to be fair for the first 3 nights they weren't too bad. The first night we had a young female knocking (and I mean knocking) shouting a lad's name, after 'politely' telling her where to go she disappeared. On the 4th night that's when the hell began, 2 groups of new lads were put next to us either side swearing, slamming doors, knocking on doors and hanging used condoms on door handles. One morning when I woke I saw a shadow on the balcony and 1 of the lads had actually got on to our balcony and took 2 of our chairs, they 'politely' got told as well. However the other adjacent room continually held parties all day and night in their room, I wouldn't like to say how many people were in that room at any one time. On the 5th and 6th night I resorted to taking some of my partner's travel tablets to sedate me so I could sleep!

The pool was also a nightmare really, we didn't go in as it was just full of 18-30's sat drinking with disgusting language coming out of their mouths. The children's pool was used as a cooling off pool rather than a children's pool with cups of booze left all over the place.

Entertainment....the young entertainers that were there were really only interested in the 18-30's and joined them in sitting round the pool. I can't comment on the nightly entertainment as we went out of the hotel every night, however there didn't seem to be much happening when entertainment should have been on.

I am not trying to scaremonger anyone who is about to stay at this hotel but if you are over the age of 25 and have kids I would seriously reconsider this hotel as it definitely isn't a place for kids, I have a 16 year old son who didn't come with us and I don't think I would have stuck a week here with him. There is absolutely nothing for kids to do here, they will however pick up some nice swear words.

All in all, I have holidayed in some rowdy places before but this has topped it. I am actually going to take this further with Thomas Cook as this certainly isn't the holiday I booked.

Room Tip: No room will be a good room, it is luck of the draw.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hi! Mimosa Park Hotel? Share your experiences!