“Ideal location but in desperate need of a "make over"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of FERGUS Bahia Palmanova

You added FERGUS Bahia Palmanova to your Saves list
FERGUS Bahia Palmanova
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Mar 14, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Essex
“Ideal location but in desperate need of a "make over"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

Having just returned home from spending a week at this hotel I feel I am now able to express my full thoughts regarding this hotel. On arrival it looked quite pleasing from the outside. The location is ideal as it is directly opposite the beach and you literally walk out of the door onto the crossing and onto the beach. The hotel foyer was (I thought) quite dull and boring and definitely in need of a general make over. On checking in we were attended to very quickly and allowed into our room early (which is always a bonus). Having taken the lift up to our room you cannot but help notice the shoddy decor along the corridor and on arriving at our room I was very disappointed when I entered. Although clean it was a dull room and again in desperate need of "sprucing" up. The size of the room was good. There is a fridge, television and safe in the room and on trying to use them found out that we had to pay for the safe and fridge and leave a deposit. The television had no remote control however, it does cost €10 to hire the remote from reception. The bathroom was adequate and again just needed updating. The shower needed replacing and the water from the taps was just a trickle. I have to be honest and say how disappointed I was on first impression but resolved myself to the fact that I would only be washing and sleeping in there. I was particularly upset as I had booked a sea view room and paid extra for it but, it was not the hotels fault but that of the TA. I have to say in fairness I found the staff in the restaurant and bar extremely lovely, cheerful and helpful. The food was buffet style and there was plenty of food available. There was a small games room and a book exchange corner but again this room was very dull and dingy and did smell quite musky.
The hotel claims to have WIFI and during the week we were only able to access to internet once and then we had to sit in reception.
This hotel is graded as 3 star and it was most certainly the lower end of 3 star but will a little TLC and money spent on the place it could be so much better.
Would I return for another break? Possibly

Room Tip: Sea view is a must but don't be tempted to opt for a side sea view as the view is minimal
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Totnes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

Just got back from a week's stay at this hotel, to say we were disappointed is a massive understatement!! We arrived at 2.30am to be shown to a room that had water/condensation dripping from the ceiling on to the floor where a blanket had been placed to soak up the water so someone obviously knew there was a problem. I went straight down to the reception to complain and was asked to stay in this room for one night and we would be moved in the morning, only agreed to this as we were very tired. The next morning we were moved immediately to a room on the 1st floor which was adequate but very tired looking and in need of redecoration. This hotel has obviously got a major problem with damp as it smells musty and even the picture hanging in our room had mould on it. The pool area is quiet but the pool itself needs to be retiled as several tiles are cracked/broken which makes it look a bit grubby. The food was ok, chips were served every night that we were there. As we had an 11 hour wait on checking out and being picked up by our transfer we enquired as to whether we could keep our room for another few hours to be told that wasn't possible but we were welcome to use the courtesy room to shower and freshen up before we left, so after spending an afternoon having lunch and wandering around we returned to use the 'courtesy room' to get changed and shower before going out to dinner. The 'courtesy room' turned out to be the toilets/showers that serviced the pool at this point my husband and I just laughed out loud!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone it needs to be closed down and completely refurbished. I would just like to add that during our week's stay a number of people complained about similar issues.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Got back last night after spending nine nights at this beachfront hotel in Palma Nova.

I paid an extra 12 euros per night for a seaview and have no regrets....money well spent.
My room was fairly basic but absolutely fine for a lone male traveller like me.

The reception staff (particularly Natalya) were all very helpful as were the waiters and waitresses who were happy to share a bit of banter as they went abour their work.

I was on a half board package and found the food to be good and wholesome with enough variety to sustain my interest for the nine nights I was there. A good selection of grilled meats and fish was well supported by seasonal Mediterranean vegetables and as ever in Spain, the salads (which I seldom eat at home) were wonderful.

There are elements of this hotel which if you were ultra-critical could be an issue. It has obviously been open a good many years and has undergone numerous upgrades at different times resulting in some mismatches of style and modernity. In the bar/lounge many of the chairs are a bit shabby, but what the hell? You don't have to take them home with you.

The pool area was never busy but was always attended by a guard. and It and the sun terrace next to it, provide a very pleasant opportunity to take the sun and then cool off.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Bahia Palma Nova and the hotel is ideally located for shops, restaurants, buses and taxis.

I have no hesitation in recommending it to travellers who are happy with good standards but if you are a real nit-picker looking for EVERYTHING to be perfect you had probably best avoid it.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra cost to have a seaview room but it can be TOO hot to sit on the balcony in...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Me and my mother went on holiday for a week here. The hotel is very small and it is more of an old persons hotel as it is very quiet and there is absolutely no entertainment available throughout the day or night. The hotel room was alright but very small. For some reason the bath had been painted and the paint was peeling off the bath every time we went in. The view from the balcony wasn't that good either as we were facing another balcony. The pool is also very small. They're are no snacks available in the hotel throughout the day either so you have to walk a good while down the road to the supermarket. The breakfast was very nice, you could eat all you wanted and there was a large variety of food available and drinks. The bar staff were very nice apart from one of the workers, a small old haired grey man with glasses asked me and my mother out for a drink on separate occasions when we were alone. We felt very uncomfortable in his presence and were going to put a complaint in. Overall the hotel was alright. It is more for people that want a quiet holiday with no drama though.

• Stayed July 2014
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I took my grandson on a last minute trip to Palma Nova on the 29th July / 6th of August 2014 a friend recommended the location as I had never been before, on arrival at the Bahia Palma Nova hotel at 4am the night receptionist was extremely helpful and offered food and water .Our room was disappointing very small and not very cheerful I was woken by the loud voices of a young couple next door and could hear every word they said. I mentioned this to the receptionist who arranged an upgrade immediately with the manager and we were given a 4th floor room in another part of the hotel with a fantastic view of the sea and surrounding area. They could not have been more helpful and we had a perfect holiday from then onwards. The hotel is just opposite a clean well equipped beach where there are always beds and shade available, there is no shortage of places to eat and drink and loads of nice little shops to browse in, a taxi rank just opposite the hotel with fair prices on short trips, the atmosphere both in the hotel and Palma Nova is relaxed and very pleasant. I would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely little gem of a hotel to anyone or indeed Palma Nova itself. Already looking to go back and stay next summer. One of the most enjoyable holidays I have honestly ever had.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front are bright and sunny and have a wonderful view of the resort
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

stopped here 23rd to 30th July.we took the all inclusive option food was good always found something to eat. Position of hotel was great right across the road from beach. Pool was small but not busy as most of the teenagers where congregating the reception area for the free wifi. The staff were very friendly especially Manuel ,room was clean air con worked. Overall excellent holiday booked through jet2

Room Tip: paid extra for sea view well worth it
Stoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Situated in what I like to think of as the ‘quieter’ end of the resort (by no means does that mean lacking in any way!) the Fergus Bahía is quite simply a fantastic hotel, to which I would recommend to family and friends alike.

For the duration of our family holiday, I stayed in a single room which was well above my expectations. The room was larger than I was anticipating and was fully equipped with a large bed ( not quite a double ), television and tea and coffee making facilities. Upon arrival, the room was spotless and was kept clean all week from their excellent maid services. Towels could be replaced everyday and your bed linen could be replaced if you wanted.

As we chose to go all inclusive, we had the option of having breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and for each the food served was of a high standard. Both breakfast and dinner are buffet style whilst for lunch there was a selection of foods from a fixed menu. Though the lunch menu won’t be the biggest menu you’ll ever see, I would say that there was enough of a selection if you did choose to eat in the restaurant every day during your stay. Additionally, included with all inclusive were drinks at the bar, which were typically at no charge from 11am to 11pm and if you’ve never been all inclusive before this really applies to drinks without an english brand though they are available for an additional supplement.

The hotel provides both a pool and a solarium, which are both kept immaculately clean. Being so close to the beach ( literally across the road ) these areas were typically very quiet and often you’ll only see a few people around, which if you like to swim properly you will find perfect. In both areas there were plenty of sun loungers for you to make use of and you won’t struggle to find shade if needed.

The staff in the hotel are what help to make the hotel what it is. They help to create a pleasant atmosphere with their manners, friendliness and humour. Nothing is too much trouble and service with a smile is always guaranteed.

Whilst I do mention that it’s in the quieter end of the resort, there is no shortage of bars, cafes and restaurants in close proximity to the hotel, though I’d definitely suggest if you’re looking for a relaxing holiday you can find that in this hotel.

Overall this has been possibly one of the best hotels I’ve stayed in to date and I’d certainly entertain the idea of staying there again! :D

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to FERGUS Bahia Palmanova? Share your experiences!