Having just returned home from spending a week at this hotel I feel I am now able to express my full thoughts regarding this hotel. On arrival it looked quite pleasing from the outside. The location is ideal as it is directly opposite the beach and you literally walk out of the door onto the crossing and onto the beach. The hotel foyer was (I thought) quite dull and boring and definitely in need of a general make over. On checking in we were attended to very quickly and allowed into our room early (which is always a bonus). Having taken the lift up to our room you cannot but help notice the shoddy decor along the corridor and on arriving at our room I was very disappointed when I entered. Although clean it was a dull room and again in desperate need of "sprucing" up. The size of the room was good. There is a fridge, television and safe in the room and on trying to use them found out that we had to pay for the safe and fridge and leave a deposit. The television had no remote control however, it does cost €10 to hire the remote from reception. The bathroom was adequate and again just needed updating. The shower needed replacing and the water from the taps was just a trickle. I have to be honest and say how disappointed I was on first impression but resolved myself to the fact that I would only be washing and sleeping in there. I was particularly upset as I had booked a sea view room and paid extra for it but, it was not the hotels fault but that of the TA. I have to say in fairness I found the staff in the restaurant and bar extremely lovely, cheerful and helpful. The food was buffet style and there was plenty of food available. There was a small games room and a book exchange corner but again this room was very dull and dingy and did smell quite musky.
The hotel claims to have WIFI and during the week we were only able to access to internet once and then we had to sit in reception.
This hotel is graded as 3 star and it was most certainly the lower end of 3 star but will a little TLC and money spent on the place it could be so much better.
Would I return for another break? Possibly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close your eyes and imagine a beach of white sand, turquoise waters and that smell of salty sea in the air... Imagine yourself waking up there, looking at the Mediterranean, in a room of the FERGUS Bahia Palma Nova, enjoying the calmness of the always pleasant Majorca. Located right in front of Es Carregador beach, the FERGUS Bahia Palma Nova combines the comfort of a family accommodation with the entertainment of a hotel at the coast of Calvia with swimming pools, bar, accommodation for pets, conference room, free wifi in the common areas, showcooking buffet and sports in the surroundings. Apart from its complete facilities and services, the FERGUS Bahia Palma Nova offers you the advantage of an accommodation for your whole family and groups of friends near Palma. This way you will be able to enjoy the calmness of the beachfront near the capital, with the best leisure and shopping areas. Enjoy a personalised attention with a complete team of professionals at your service; savour our daily brunch service from 8:00 to 12:00 and start your day of unique moments with the relax and rest you need. Dare to dream and start imagining your holidays. If you make a good choice with your beach hotel in Palma Nova you will be able to live some unforgettable days full of plans ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your FERGUS Bahia Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Palma Nova Hotel Palma Nova
- Bahia Hotel Palma Nova
- FERGUS Bahia Palmanova Majorca