Recently returned from a week's half board holiday at this hotel, with my daughter and 12 year old granddaughter. We stayed in a junior suite, and were very impressed with the room overall, spotlessly clean and newly refurbished to a high standard, and in the perfect position of overlooking the pool area.
Kitchenette was fully equipped with various pots and pans, cutlery, cups/saucers and glasses, a two ring hob, microwave and large fridge. The bedroom area was lovely, large double bed for my daughter and granddaughter and the sofa bed for me. Large flat screen TV on wall, table and chairs and plenty of wardrobe space, and a safe to hire.
The bathroom comprised of two areas, the main area had a double sink unit and toilet and a dividing glass screen and glass door into the wet room housing the Jacuzzi style bath and multi function shower. A word of warning here - over the bath there is a further glass screen panel looking out onto the bedroom area, but it did not provide any privacy whilst using the bathroom and wetroom. We also used the bathroom to dress and undress due to the composition of our party. At first we draped a blanket over the glass screen and door in the bathroom area which allowed us to use the toilet/washroom and dress/undress in private, but that did not cover the wet room area. A couple of days after we arrived, a maintenance man came to the suite to check the water pressure and on seeing the blanket, we explained our problem, he promptly returned with a large roll of brown paper and sellotaped this to the glass frame from the bedroom side, so problem sorted! Still do not understand why the need for the see-through glass screen in the first place though, does not serve a useful purpose.
The food was lovely with plenty of choice, freshly cooked and nicely displayed, something different each evening. We never had to queue for our food, and the dining room was never crowded, waiting staff were friendly and efficient.
The pool area was kept clean and we did not have any problems finding a sunbed. There was also a large 'chill out' area with large double bed size mattresses to lie on to the one side of the hotel, although we preferred to stay around the pool area. A separate splash pool for the younger children, and a spa and gym also.
One other point, as we were leaving late afternoon, we requested a courtesy room to change and have a shower, this room comprised of a shower cubicle, washbasin and toilet, but it was unclean, untidy, and certainly fell below the standards of the rest of the hotel, not even a lock on the door! We just took turns to use the shower and were out of the room as quickly as possible, the only disappointment we found during our stay.
Overall a lovely hotel, very clean, good accommodation, helpful friendly staff, good food with plenty of variety, in a great location a five minute walk to the beach, restaurants and shops. Would recommend, and would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This excellent complex has always kept up its facilities and service spaces with a lot of care and dedication. Moreover, our guests especially appreciate taking a stroll in the garden as well as enjoying the benefits of the heated pool, gym or sauna. This is definitely the place for nice holidays! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aparthotel Rosa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Rosa Del Mar Hotel Palma Nova
- Aparthotel Rosa Del Mar Palmanova, Majorca