“Nice but just a little warning...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Rosa del Mar

Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Rosa del Mar to your Saves list
Aparthotel Rosa del Mar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Ca's Saboners s/n, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
notts
“Nice but just a little warning...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went on holiday from the 6th July-16th, so we had the newly furbished hotel!

Firstly, don't be put off when you see the outside of the hotel, the inside is gorgeous, fresh and modern. The lobby is very spacious and cool, with easy access to wifi (unfortunately you cannot access this in your room only the lobby, but this is the case with many hotels so it's nothing bad really).

I went to this hotel with my boyfriend and it was our first holiday abroad (I am 19 and he turned 24 while we were away). We stayed in a junior suite and honestly, it was lovely. Really modern furnishings, everything very clean and fresh, and lots of wardrobe space! The balcony was extremely spacious which was nice because it meant I could sunbathe on the balcony.

THE WARNING: there is a glass panel meaning you can see into the bathroom! The shower and the toilet and everything!! We managed to deal with this but it is not something you would expect and there was no pictures indicating that this existed. While we managed to deal with it, we spoke to a few of our friends (other couples) and they said it would ruin their holiday so I think it is important that people are made aware of it. Of course you can just turn up the music, sit on the balcony and ignore it but I am aware that for some people this would make them very uncomfortable.

We also went full board and the food is very nice, lots of options and always tasty. There was only one night where we went in and walked straight back out again to buy food because it was all fish (but that's obviously personal preference).

The hotel is very close to magaluf nightlife, but once in the actual resort you get no noise disturbance from it at all. Very close to the beach and shops and bars and restaurants.

Overall, I would say that this is a great hotel for al ages - families, couples etc. There was loads of kids activities going on all day every day and some night time entertainment but as a young couple we tended to go outside of the hotel.

About the general area: there is a gorgeous restaurant called Tabu if you walk all the way down the line of shops - they serve the nicest chicken paella!!

I would definitely recommend the hotel to people - just really wanted to make people aware of the bathroom window!!

Room Tip: we had a pool view room which meant we got the noise of kids activities but didn't mind as 90% o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed in a studio room which was ideal for couples. It could have been possible to make 2 extra beds so a small family would definitely fit in too. We didn't use our kitchen at all so I don't know about the equipment. I fell in love with the bathroom - no bathtub! Just a regular standing shower which was really nice, 3 different shower modes. We were a bit irritated by the shower drain on the first evening because it drained extremely poorly. I waited for 5 minutes the water to go down the drain but nothing happened. Then I just had to open the shower door which of course let all the water to flood our whole bathroom. We told about our problem to reception and they repaired it while we were eating out. :)
Our balcony was facing to the street so you could imagine that this part would be the noisiest one - but no. I was never bothered by anything, I slept well. Cleaning was 5 times a week and one time the cleaners forgot to leave us fresh towels when they took the used ones. It wasn't that pleasant to notice after already taking a shower. :D
Hotel location was excellent. Just because of that I would choose this hotel again.
Despite the short walking distances we used taxis everyday which cost only around 3.10€ 4€.
Theme park named Katmandu was also pretty close and we visited there several times during our week. I would strongly recommend everyone - with or without kids.
If you are thinking which hotel to choose, Rosa del mar should be one of your options. I would not choose myself a hotel located in the middle of Magaluf, too noisy in my opinion. :D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Myself, husband, in-laws and 3 children (age 2 and 2 x 6 yr olds) had a fantastic time at this hotel. We booked 1 week self catering week of 13th July after reading previous reviews, the brochure had not been up dated yet so we were hoping the reviews where as honest as can be, so we took the chance and booked. The hotel was spotless, very modern and staff very friendly and it was close to the beach. The children's pool was amazing they had hours of fun and was again spotless with lots of sunbeds, parasols, kids club and a snack bar.
There were kids activities to do through the day, Fabio was very energetic as where the other members of the kids entertainers, our kids just loved them! The only problem we had was the wet room not draining properly and once we informed them it was fixed within an hour. We always said that we would never visit the same location twice as the world is a big place but we would love to go back, such a lovely hotel.

Vanløse, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We -a family of 5 (kids: 2,9 and 12 years old) spend a week (2-9 july 2013) in this hotel, which we ordered at short notice. Afterwards we got worried because of a negative review related to noise and disturbance from groups of young people. As it turned out, we had a fantastic stay. Other guests were a nice mix of families and couples (old and young), and the staff were extremely friendly and easy going. The hotel has activities for kids throughout the day, and we wish to extend a special and heartfelt thanks to Fabby, Johnny and Ruben, who did a faboulous job with the kids and made us all we feel happy and relaxed. The restaurant always had a wide variety of choices in the buffet anfd the waiters were very nice and service-oriented. Thank you also to Pablo, Antonio, Daniel, Ivan and all the staff. The area outside the hotel is perhaps so and so, but you can get to the beach in 2 minutes if you wish to swim in the mediterranean or do various water sports, and the local bus service takes you to Palma in less than 40 minutes. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wish to recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose pool side to avoid noise from nearby streets
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently with our 8-year old grandson and I have to say we found everything perfect. Hotel well situated, close to the beach, restaurants and shops, yet relatively quiet. Newly renovated it is bright and spotlessly clean, with very comfortable beds. Helpful staff. Has a free WIFI area. The Pool is not enormous but there is also a separate sun terrace and plenty of sunbeds available (all free). The children's area is fantastic ... two Pools containing a giant octopus and a tortoise, incorporating slides and sprays. Truly delightful. Children's games and activities were organised every day and every evening by a young entertainment team whose energy, creativity and good humour were very much appreciated. It was indeed a great experience and we will not hesitate to return as soon as possible.

Airdrie, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A fantastic Apart-hotel who couldn't do enough for you! Staff very friendly, nothing was too much trouble! Food excellent, room fantastic, plenty of beds & pool very good. Special praise for the entertainment team of Rueben, Jonny & Fabi with there terrific sense of humour and energy! Would highly recommend this particular Apart-hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are large and spacious for family of 4.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have just booked this hotel after seeing the excellent reviews. I cant yet give you my personal experience, however, I would just like to make my research clear to anyone thinking of booking. I booked a superior room with an online travel company, after reading reviews that the studio would be cramped for my family of four. However, when I looked on the hotels official website there is no mention of a superior studio. Just though possible travellers need to be clear about this. Also, I booked direct with the hotel (after an argument) with the online travel company and got a very good deal - the moral here is that sometimes book directly, rather than online travel companies!

Room Tip: Double check the room fits a family. One website I found only said that a studio is suitable for 2.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aparthotel Rosa del Mar? Share your experiences!