I stayed here approximately 10 years ago for a family holiday and had a great time.
This September I finally got the chance to return and headed out with one of my friends, to meet another couple who were staying elsewhere.
First impressions were not good. Upon arrival, after waiting a good 5-8 minutes despite being the only ones in the queue, we were informed by a lousy receptionist that a 100 Euro deposit was to be made. When I asked why, he said it was in case we have a beach party in the room and trashed the place, and that it was "management policy" for guests. Later in the week, we discovered that the deposit was at the management's discretion and spoke to numerous groups who were never made to put down a deposit!
Now I can understand this at the cheaper, "lively" hotels that cater for party animals, but I'm 28, sensible and specifically paid more to avoid this kind of environment. Worse still, the unannounced deposit resulted in us having less money on the holiday - to the point I had no money on the final day until the deposit could be claimed back.
Other guests were not asked for a deposit (likely on account of their age), and some received an upgrade free of charge. Insultingly, we were placed in the scruffiest rooms (we ordered studio). Ground floor overlooking the back of the hotel, which was clearly intended for troublemakers and next to a large group of Spanish youngsters who played music at all hours. This really was the worse corridor in the hotel.
The first room was unacceptable - the worst I've ever seen. The bathroom light did not function, the balcony door had a horozontal crack, and electrics were hanging off the walls. Needless to say, we complained and got another room - still on the ground floor but in better condition. It wasn't great but it was an improvement on the first.
Noise was a factor for the first three nights, but after that it went quieter. However, the maids are rather noisy up and down the corridors and often chat to themselves by shouting. So what we gained with the noise reduction in the next room, the maids/maintenance staff made up for towards the end of the week.
Some other points to consider:
- No tea was served at the bar area, despite coffee being available! I was informed of this by a member of the bar staff. This is like having salt but no pepper.
- The bathroom sink was actually outside of the bathroom, next to the beds and often leaked. Upon closer inspection, we could see damp climbing the walls beneath the sink.
- The hotel just loves deposits: table tennis, pool, etc all require a deposit of 5 Euros or more.
- The clothes maiden was falling off the balcony wall when we arrived. We didn't want to touch this in case it compromised our deposit and ignored it until the end of the holiday.
To sum up, massive difference to my first experience at the Rosa del Mar and I will not be returning. It's unfortunate they treat British under 30s with so much contempt. Make sure you're at least 45 or above to claim the better rooms if you must stay here. The main plus is the Rosa is centrally located to Palma Nova and Magaluf. The pool area is OK but lacking atmosphere. That's the end of my review.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Rosa Del Mar Hotel Palma Nova
- Aparthotel Rosa Del Mar Hotel
- Rosa Del Mar
- Aparthotel Rosa Del Mar Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This excellent complex has always kept up its facilities and service spaces with a lot of care and dedication. Moreover, our guests especially appreciate taking a stroll in the garden as well as enjoying the benefits of the heated pool, gym or sauna. This is definitely the place for nice holidays! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Aparthotel Rosa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.