“Great Holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Workington, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

After our travel company "lost" our rooms for our holiday, which had been booked for 9 months, we had flights but no hotel. The day before our departure we got our tickets for the hotel Mirlos/Tordos.
Our flight and arrival at Hotel went well. We were given keys to our rooms and then our holiday began.

The Hotel was lovely, clean and welcoming.
The choice of food in the restaurant was very good, so much to choose from. We enjoyed all our meals, the breakfast being our favourite. We ate mainly at the Tordos restaurant as it was much quieter than the Mirlos.
The bar was open until midnight, and there was snacks in the restaurant until 11.00p.m. which was great. Entertainment was very good, the shows, singers etc were great. All the entertainment staff were very friendly, they never stopped all day with children/adults activities, then worked all evening, making sure everyone was okay, "well done"
After speaking to our rep, getting advice, directions etc we decided to catch a bus into Palma and visit the Cathedral, and do some sight seeing. We had a fantastic day (hope to do again)
Overall after our very disappointing start, we have had a great holiday, would we go back YES will we go back YES.
Thanks to all at the Mirlos/Tordos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view in the Tordos, they seem to get the sun all day.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Annabelle D, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Mirlos Tordos, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear kwilliams1961. Thank you for your good review and we are so pleased you have enjoyed your holiday with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Regards

1,440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the 3rd time me and my partner have stayed at this hotel and for the 2 weeks while we were there the food, weather, drinks etc. was spot on. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the hotel staff always polite and friendly. Rooms small and basic but ok for what you use them for TV in room got all your UK channels and cleaned every day. Just one downside really broken sunbeds needed throwing away and not been put back in sunbed stack. A few new ones are required but there are plenty available anyway. Would recommended it to anyone one of the best in Palma Nova.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear noddySheffield, many thanks for such a good review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. We certainly look forward to your next visit soon. Regards
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I just spent another 2 weeks at this hotel and were as thrilled as we were on our last holiday. This is an amazing hotel for families and couples alike, the Flintstone theme is brilliant, the rooms are clean, the 3 pools are lovely, the food is ok, a bit repetitive but plenty of choice, the staff are friendly and the hotel itself is spotless. The entertainment team work tirelessly from 10am till 11pm and are very friendly indeed, the childcare facilities are like no other we have seen in Spain. The cleaning staff are working from morning until night and the bar staff are always polite and friendly. There is none of this 2 drinks per customer stuff that you find at many other hotels, the only moan I had was that I could not have a cocktail unless I paid, even though I could order the ingredients as separates and make my own (which by the way, I didn't bother to do). We went as a couple and were a little worried that the whole 'Flintstone theme' would make us feel out of place, this was not the case, yes it is brilliant but it is not in your face, we only wish our children were little again so that we could take them there.

The hotel is located close to the beach in the middle of Palma Nova and Magaluff, the nightlife is easily within walking distance. Excellent hotel, excellent location.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a pool view, the lighting of an evening is beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear danvich1, many thanks for such a good review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. We certainly look forward to your next visit soon. Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

What can I say, we were a little unsure what to expect after reading some pretty moany reviews but in actual fact, we have come away with not one complaint! My daughter who is four, loved the hotel and every part of her stay as did us adults. The entertainment staff are fantastic and put on a good show every night. The food is good, brilliant choice of food available. We stayed in Sol Tordos but were able to use either hotel which makes it so easy and both hotels are fantastic! Can't wait to book to go back next year.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear ProudMe,thank you so very much for such a great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the hotel so much and all your comments have been passed on to our personnel. We look forward to your next visit son. Regards
Preston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I don't think I've ever given somewhere a bad review before! This place is like Gods waiting room! Dear me! There are mobility scooters plugged in all over reception, old people looking miserable everywhere!

I booked this hotel due to good reviews on Trip Advisor, they were all written by the people who come back to this hotel time and time again, nearly everyone we spoke to were saying oh this is our 8th time, this is our 4th time. I felt like telling them to live a little and try somewhere else.

The room - very 70's and absolutely stank of cigarette smoke, when I opened my suitcase on my return home, the smell of stale cigarettes turned my stomach. Two single beds pushed together, had to laugh when my hubby came for a cuddle and fell inbetween beds.

The pool area just felt depressing! We hired a car and went out after breakfast everyday and both my husband and I hated coming back to this hotel!

The food - not great, always found something but it was of poor quality and was same every dinner and evening whilst we were there, snacks in the Tordos was ready made cheese and ham sandwiches which you put in toastie machine! Huge overweight people piling there plates high! I am no snob, I've stayed 2, 3, 4 and 5 star, but I felt ashamed to be British here!

Evening entertainment we attended twice and not for long on both occasions, one being Tom Jones impersonator the other being Elvis!

Came here without our children for a relaxing break, had a brilliant time in Majorca, explored as much as we could, but really disliked this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PrestonGirl76, I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your comments, which are the greatest assitance to us in identifuing problems that may exist in our Hotel. I would like to express my regret for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and that may have spoilt your enjoymnets of what we would have hoped would have been a totally satisfactory holiday. Regards
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel all inclusive, room was fantastic with great views both Sean and land. Clean surrounding, loved brick work, Mirlos better than tordos in my opinion.

Beach nearby, nice bars restaurants nearby.

Bad point, food average, lots of left overs, all inclusive package useless, never saw a single snack between meals, please STOP with the roast chicken terrible, most food very oily and either too salty or no salt at all.

Kids section not a bad idea at all

All in all my 12 year old loved so I guess it was all good.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Mimmie A. We would like to thank you for your review and it's good to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday and that you found the hotel clean and with fantastic entertainment. About the snacks, may I add a comment that we have snacks all day round after the breakfast, lunch and after dinner till eleven O'clock in the Sol Tordos building. We do hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future. Regards
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Originally booked into hotel Ola Club Bermudas but were told, on arrival, that we'd been moved to the Tordos.
We were 8 adults booked into 2 triple rooms and 1 twin. Our rooms were all absolutely fabulous. Our triple room was a family room with 4 beds with a dividing wall and it was absolutely massive and immaculately clean.
Our holiday was blighted by problems from day one, when I broke my leg. Sarah, the hotel manager from the Tordos sorted me out a taxi to the hospital. She printed off all my insurance details and reassured my friends that I would be okay. When I got back to the hotel she sorted me with a wheelchair and crutches. She went out of her way to ensure that our holiday would be as pleasant as possible.
On our 3rd night my sister received news that a member of her family had tragically died, and she needed to get home as soon as possible, again the staff from the hotel were amazing. They helped us to sort out flights etc and really went over and above the call of duty.
The staff showed great compassion to the remainder of our party for the duration of our stay.
On our last day the staff contacted the airline to arrange special assistance for me to get on the plane, and printed off my updated ticket for me.
The hotel is fabulous, the all inclusive is excellent the rooms are spotlessly clean and the staff were absolutely outstanding.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and will definitely be going back next year. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sarah and the rest of the staff, for being absolutely amazing.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear deborahkell8. Thank you so very much for such a great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the hotel so much and all your comments have been passed on to our personnel and especially to Sara. We look forward to your next visit soon

Been to Sol Mirlos Tordos? Share your experiences!