“Hotel is stunning shame about Reception Manager Sebastian Deya” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis

Save Saved
You added Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis to your Saves list
Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Son Caliu 8 | Son Caliu, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #5 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Hotel is stunning shame about Reception Manager Sebastian Deya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My lasting impression of this hotel and holiday was totally ruined by frontoffice manager Sebastian Deya, whom when my debit card had been cloned and it took some time to sort out the outstanding payment of my bill, (and a massive mobile phone bill to come)... through no fault of my own, humilated me in reception, raised his voice every 10 minutes, took my luggage, demanded my passport and theatened me with the police. I could nt leave reception for 5 hours even to get a drink of water.I was made to feel like a criminal and prisoner. Dircector Joan Vicens was no help.

I stayed at this hotel whilst visiting my son who works in Palma Nova which you can walk to in 10 mins, either via steep inclines and steps or a more sedate route which takes a bit longer.It is only 1.5 euros by bus from the top of the road or 4 euros by taxi . Stunning hotel in all public areas, spotlessy clean. pool area is small but has own beach and plentiful gardens.Lovely breakfast with lots of choice.Didnt try the evening meals but heard they were very good. Quiet area, Local restuarant and snack bar overooking the sea are very good, also an great unassuming pizzeria.nearby. I particulary enjoyed the Meson son Caliu at the the top of the road, the friendliest waitors with a flaminco show twice a week, sun and weds.These arent connected to the hotel. The Spa areas and indoor pool in hotel are amazing, Staff generally could be friendlier tho unless you are Spanish! I was in an old room with although clean, had flakey paintwork and leaky shower but the stunning sea view and very large terrace out wayed this

Would I return yes for the standard of hotel but no because of my treatment

Room Tip: only 16 rooms have a proper sea view in this hotel but these are stil to be rebfurbished rooms 101...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear jam632013,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments and sincerest apologies for what seems to have been an accumulation of misunderstandings.

We do feel sorry, if you have felt humiliated as that was not our intention. However, the only thing we were trying to do was to collect the total amount of your bill, for the services that you had enjoyed.

I am pleased to know that you liked the hotel and our facilities.

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Staying here at present due to go home in two days time. Fabulous food Fabulous superior seaview room Fabulous staff Fabulous location do not listen to bad reviews. I couldn't have found a better place to begin my 50th birthday celebrations. Fabulous relaxing garden through the spa area noone seems to use with a lovely waterfall and fab sunbeds with pillows. We have never enjoyed a hotel so much oops and fab powerful rain showers on the fourth floor superior seaview rooms always work always hot water.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear magsrfc,

Thank you very much for your kind commet about us.

I am most happy to know that you liked our food and Spa area. It is a pleasure to read that you found our staff very friendly as we always try to be as friendly as is possible.

I will take this opportunity to congratulate you for your wonderful 50th birthday.

Hoping to see you soon again.

Kindest regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just returned from our 2nd short break to the Son Caliu. This review was written about our trip in March, we have also just returned from the Son Caliu (August) I will break it down from our arrival.

We didn't book a transfer, we were going to chance the bus which takes about 55 mins and is about €3 with a change in Palma. Instead we found a transfer bus outside which happened to be going to the same hotel for €30'instead of the €40 by taxi. It took about 25 mins at midday with no traffic.

Upon arriving at the hotel 2 hrs early we waited a few minutes to be greeted and were welcomed to the hotel by the very friendly staff. We were given a room straight away even though we were early. The reception area looks brilliant and is squeaky clean with funky pieces of furniture dotted about.

We were on the 3rd floor With a view out to the mountains, not amazing but still a nice view. The rooms were refurbished about 6 years ago I think and were clean and of a good size with a bathroom and balcony, small desk and double (2 singles) bed. Some may say the rooms were a little dated for a 4* hotel but not for a Spanish 4*.  We didn't intend on spending much time in the room anyway,  we were on holiday!

We were B&B so did not try dinner but the menu looked good and the kitchens looked clean and well presented. The breakfast was delicious, from what I can remember there was a variety of pastries, breads, meats, fresh fruit, eggs, a variety of coffees, pancakes, cereals, porridge etc. more than enough!

We ate out at a local restaurant which I would DEFINITELY recommend, it was traditional Spanish and very delicious. Called Meson Son Caliu, left out of the hotel, to the top of the road and is on the right hand side just before a bar on the junction.

You could eat in the hotel restaurant or outside on the terrace which over looked the very clean but cold/refreshing pool, sun loungers and chill out areas with comfy sofas next to palm trees. This was adjacent to a small beach with an under construction jetty. ( A little sawing and a few nails being hammered, nothing major though - March, now finished-August)

If you wanted a spa there were facilities which would not be out of place in a 5* UK hotel.  2 types of steam room, a sauna, an ice fountain, a nice pool and a reasonable gym. Outside was a chill out area with more loungers and a waterfall, the spa offered free yoga and Pilates too.

You can walk to Portal Nous (15 mins) for meals and a lively harbour atmosphere.  Or walking in the other direction will take you toward the bright lights of Magaluf.

There are some good deals to be had online, the only issue I had was that I tried to book directly with the Hotel only to be told quite bluntly that they were fully booked for the period I wanted. So I did a quick search and found a very good deal on two rooms, so in fact they were not fully booked.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask fo a high floor in the main section of the hotel, as the views to the mountains are nice?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonOnleave,

Many thanks for spending the time in writing such a detailed review about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

I am delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to do our best in order to achieve the complete satisfaction of our guests.

It would be wonderful to have de opportunity to welcome you again. Don't hesitate to contact directly with us for your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Have just spent 4 nights at this hotel lovely peaceful setting with its own private beach which is where we went every day sun beds plenty but they are basic they do not adjust if u want comfy sunbed round pool you would have to get up early !! We liked beach nice beach bar good food reasonably priced.rooms clean and tidy fresh towels every day telly and fridge we didn't have refurbished room but still nice when asked for extra pillows arrived straightaway cleaners worked hard !! Went to Palma nova , magaluf and if you are feeling flush go to portal nous very nice but very expensive overall good break would recommend and will return next year !

• Stayed August 2013
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Ljm45,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. It is fantastic to learn that you really enjoyed your stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Kidest regards,

Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel. We were really impressed with the refurbished rooms on the 5th floor although were told that other floors are also being refurbished this winter. The staff couldn't be more helpful we stayed bed and breakfast this time and there is a brilliant beach bar on the private beach which served very reasonable food. Loved the hotel spa, treatment rooms and lovely indoor pool all at no extra charge and also were offered zumba classes but unfortunately were leaving that morning. We were really pleased to be invited again to the cocktail party delicious nibbles and bubbly!! This is a real treasure and we will definately be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lock2,

Many thanks for taking the time in writing your opinion on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you have really enjoyed your stay with us.
It will be great sharing your comments with all the staff they will be pleased to hear that they are doing a good job.

We hope to welcome you soon again at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Är precis hemkommen från en veckas vistelse på detta trevliga hotell , jag är minst sagt nöjd. Fantastiskt trevlig personal, fantastisk mat, hotellet ligger i ett lugnt område. Passar perfekt till dig som vill koppla av. Jag skulle mer än gärna ha stannat 1 vecka till, så bra har jag och min mamma haft det på Son Caliu.

Is just returned from a week's stay at this nice hotel, I am very pleased with my vacation. A very friendly and helpful staff, fantastic food, the hotel is located in a quiet area. Perfect for those who want to relax. I would be more than happy to have stayed one more week, me and my mother really enjoyed our stay at the Son Caliu.

Mi conclusión es: Estoy muy contenta con mi tiempo en este hotel.. Muchisimas gracias por todo, especialmente el personal estupendo. Y a los chicos en el restaurante.. mil mil mil mil gracias :)

Saludos desde Suecia!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Petronellas89,

Many thanks for spending a few minutes of your time in writing your opinion about our Hotel.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you met your expectations at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

I am delighted to know that you are glad with your stay here with us and that you did not want to leave us!!

Once again, thank for your kind words and we hope to welcome you soon again.

Kindest regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My friend and I were in need of some relaxation and we were not disappointed.

The hotel is located in a quiet area but with easy access to Palma Nova. It was only a 30 mins transfer from the airport so in terms of location it really was perfect.

Although we appeared to stay in an older style room, it was comfortable and functional and the air conditioning kept things nice and cool. The bathroom was nice and clean and the shower has good pressure too. The only 'niggle' I had was that our room was a family room with connecting doors to the room next door.(276) They were locked but the gap underneath the door and the thickness of the wood ensured we heard every conversation next door. I'm sure our neighbours heard us too, so we kept noise to the minimum and so did our neighbours. To be fair we were not in the room that much anyway.

The restaurant and bar were great and food at Breakfast and Dinner was superb. We had a mixture of food from the buffet, off the menu and a gala dinner on the wednesday night.

There is a good mix of nationalities staying here, russian, Spanish, French, German, English.

The pool and beach scene were great with lots of areas to put the sunbed. The pool assistant was happy to bring you a bed and place it wherever you wanted. So there really was no need to rise at the crack of dawn to reserve a sunbed. On average we went out to reserve sunbeds at about 10 -10.30 and never had any problems and this was mid August.

We had some treatments in the spa and used the indoor pool. It was bliss, so so relaxing. Then we spent the afternoon in the spa garden, which was lovely and peaceful.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel, so much so, I'm going to book another long weekend here with my husband sometime.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Coggsy_11,

Many thanks for writing such a detailed review about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you met your expectations with us.

I would like to apologise if you did not like to have a room with a connecting door, for next time, do not hesitate to contact to our reception staff and they will do their best to try to accomodate you in other room.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

E-commerce

Been to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis? Share your experiences!