“Nice place, but a bit too small pool area and beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis

Save Saved
You added Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis to your Saves list
Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Son Caliu 8 | Son Caliu, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #6 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
“Nice place, but a bit too small pool area and beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very clean and beatiful hotel. The hotel was fully booked which led to a crowdy pool area as well as a very crowdy small beach area, so you had to reserve your sunbeds, which I hate. The two small restaurants on the beach just beside the hotel were both nice (and cheap!). A small skate park opposite the hotel was a nice surprise for my 15 year old son.

• Stayed July 2013
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear jikolp11,

Thank you very much for spending a few minutes of your time in writing your opinion about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kindest regards,

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We visited with friends for a short break to celebrate a 50th birthday. We had newly refurbished rooms, which are very well finished - a contemporary feel, modern light and airy with balcony and partial see view.

There is a lovely spa, with indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam rooms and sauna. If your thinking of treatments, best to book in advance although some are available on the day.

The dining area leads out into an open covered terrace, and there are plenty of staff so your not left waiting for service - food is self service, and there is a good selection all freshly prepared.

The pool is smaller than you'd expect, but there is an area for families - we preferred to use the small beach which is attached to the hotel. Sun loungers and towels are included, you get a towel card on arrival.

One note, if your arriving early you'll have to wait to check in. We had breakfast on the terrace while we waited, and for an hours delay it was worthy the wait. This is a really good hotel, only 20 mins from the airport. It's a short stroll to the main Palma Nova strip and beach, but out of the way enough so little noise in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tom463,

Many thanks for writing your opinion about our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis on Tripadvisor.

It makes me happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am delighted to read that you liked our updated rooms.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Hull, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

As a couple we were looking for inexpensive quality to get away from the strains of our professional working lives and found it in this hotel. With the free sauna, steam rooms and pool in the spa we were able to feel the cogs slow to a more relaxed pace. We visited in the first week of July prior to the school holidays in England as our kids are now grown up and this meant a lot of space at the hotel to chill out. The outdoor pool and the adjacent beach gave a great contrast, allowing choice of absorbing the rays of the wonderful sun on one of their loungers or cooling down in the spa and pool.
The buses are very frequent for local travel and allowed us to visit some nearby towns and view some from the bus we did not want to visit. Son Caliu is far enough away from those Brits abroad places to enjoy some Spanish culture. We also visited some of the more expensive areas to gawp at the many beautifully opulent ships in the marinas, such as those in Portals Nous. For a last meal we decided to 'push the boat out' and have a meal at one of the restaurants here. The prices of meals advertised outside of the restaurant were reasonable but be careful of the wine list if your purse is not full.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear David P,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your opinion about our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.
It is a real pleasure to hear that you appreciate our hotel. We would be delighted to welcome you again in our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact with us for your next visit, we will do our best to offer you a competitive rate.

Best regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our holiday at this hotel was just perfect from start to finish. We arrived before 10am and our rooms weren't ready (understandable) so the friendly man on reception invited us to have breakfast while we waited.

The breakfast was lovely, plenty of fresh fruit, cereals, juices, pastries,yoghurts and cooked items. Every morning there was champagne available too!!

The evening meal was a good standard too with plenty of starters, soups, salads, vegetables, fish and meat were cooked in front of you too. You could choose your own food from the buffet or you could order a meal to be brought to your table... A nice touch, I thought.

The spa was fantastic and the indoor pool was like having a private pool as there weren't many people using it when we were there. The sauna and steam rooms were lovely too.

There were lots of places to sit and relax inside the hotel and whatever time of the day you went to the pool there were plenty of sun beds available.

Our rooms had not been refurbished but were still very comfortable. Both rooms had a spacious terrace/balcony with two sunbeds so you could sunbathe there if you didn't want to go to the pool.

A big plus was that you don't need to take beach towels to this hotel as you get a card on check in and this entitles you to hire a towel. You can change your towel as often as you want during your stay too.

If you want to go to Palma Nova it is in walking distance (about 10 minutes) and to get to Magaluf only costs 5 Euros.

We would definitely return ... We might even take our husbands next time!!

Room Tip: We stayed in two rooms on the 1st floor that hadn't been refurbished but were still of a comfort...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JustyLB,

Many thanks for your kind comments. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay at our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to get the best available rate for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We, a couple with no children, stayed for 7 nights at the Son Caliu, half board through Jet2Holidays. Our aim was to relax, we had no plans for excursions or sightseeing whatsoever. If you want a similar type of holiday then I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to you.
The positives of the hotel are numerous. You are given cards with which you can request towels to use at the beach, spa or pool area. The rooms are spotlessly clean, although in need of some minor maintenance in our case. We stayed in room 352, a non-renovated room overlooking the front of the hotel and while I did find that the room was of a slightly lower standard than the hotel as a whole, it wasn’t a big issue. The room was also made up before midday on every occasion.

The food was excellent, easily the best of any ‘package holiday’ hotel I have stayed in, and I have visited quite a few. For the breakfast you can have cooked items, a selection of cereals, croissants, pastries, yoghurts, virtually anything you want. I think you can even have champagne, although we stuck to orange juice. Everything was in plentiful quantity; I was never unable to find something I wanted which is a rarity for me. Being able to eat outside was also a major plus point.

I only used the outdoor pool area once because it was hard to swim when children were playing around and jumping in. Not that there were many children but the pool wasn't big enough for them to play around without disrupting my swim. I preferred to use the indoor pool, this may not suit those who simply must be outside at all times during their holiday but it was much easier to swim in there so I preferred it. We also had a back massage each, having had a few I can say that this one was of a good standard. The garden attached to the spa area is also very peaceful and quiet, a lovely place to rest and dry off after a swim.

Now for the negatives, and I use that term very loosely. They seem to have a wide variety of desserts, so much so that I regularly saw something on my way in to the restaurant that I was unable to find when I actually came to get dessert. I was never able to try a piece of the strawberry tart, although I did find a raspberry tart which was nice. The gala dinner was excellent in parts, but given that I am not one of those people who will eat anything it did not meet my needs. It consisted of 5 courses and I initially thought you got a choice but I was served everything from the menu. This lead to my partner having to eat quite a bit of my food to avoid wasting it. So it’s great for those who like lots of different food, not so great for me.

I would consider returning, but would definitely return if it became an adults only hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear JenniferW86,

Many thanks for spending your time in writing such a detailed opinion about our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you have been enjoying all our facilities and services and I am especially glad to hear you liked our food.

It is our goal to improve everyday and your opinion is very important for us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next reservation for the best available rate.

Kind regards,

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a wonderful week we recently spent at Son Caliu. On arrival we were given a room with views over the gardens and water fountain. The hotel staff were first class. We were only booked in for breakfast, but what a treat to sit on the terrace and eat, looking out on the gardens. After walking through the gardens, we came upon the private cove, and every morning sat looking out on the ocean. The hotel was only ten minutes from the main part of Palma Nova, with a couple of special eateries just around the corner,which we ate evening meal at. I would like to single out Miguel for his special help, but all the staff were excellent. I yearn to return to this corner of paradise. It will not be long before we visit again.

Room Tip: Our room looking out over the garden got plenty of sun and was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our staff. Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

Your kind comment about our colleagues especially about Miguel is highly appreciated. Positive reviews like yours always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Chamonix, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were a group of 10 girls and had 3 triple rooms. the rooms were a little out-dated, but had everything you needed. The third extra bed was a bit of a squeeze, but you don't spend any time in the room anyway! The staff were friendly, the hotel breakfast was amazing! We arrived very early and the hotel offered us a free breakfast whilst we waited for our rooms to be ready at 12 noon. The stay was brilliant as it offered such a variety of things to do for a short break: spa, indoor/outdoor pool, massages, beach at 3 minutes walk, town a short taxi ride away where you can shop and eat tapas and drink Sangria from meter long straws ;-), the port is a lovely place to go out. All in all it was great and I would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear IceAndOrange,

Many thanks for sharing your review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It makes me glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and services and thank you for your kind words about our staff.

It will be a pleasure for us to see you again at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Kindest regards,

E-commerce

Been to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis? Share your experiences!