“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis

Save Saved
You added Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis to your Saves list
Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Son Caliu 8 | Son Caliu, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #6 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Milano, Italia
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel is well located, nice area, quite. Everything is well cleaned, nice environment, tasty food. The old rooms are a bit old fashioned but they are clean and the rest of the hotel is much much better. All the facilities, swimming pool, spa and gym are very good!

Room Tip: I would suggest to book the new rooms with new furniture .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Nordins,

Many thanks for writing your opinion about us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed all our facilities and that you liked our food.

We are renovating rooms every year, then in a near future all rooms will be updated.

Once again, thank you for your comment and we hope to welcome you soon again at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm not one for writing reviews but as I had such a lovely experience at the Son Caliu felt it appropriate to say what a great place it is! I stayed for 3 nights with a friend and we were so taken with how friendly and helpful all the staff were, which can really make a difference to your stay! Our room was quite spacious and we were very lucky to have a large balcony with sun-loungers too. The breakfast was lovely especially eating alfresco every morning over-looking the pool and sea - beautiful! With a small beach with plenty of sun-loungers plus lovely spa facilities this hotel really has it all! But don't tell everyone because the real beauty of this hotel was that it wasn't overly busy which led to a lovely relaxing stay :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Sandra T,

It was a pleasure welcoming you at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis and thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I am most happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction.

Will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Highly recommended! Great views, very friendly helpfull staff, nice rooms, beautiful breakfast!
I Will definetely come back!
Well kept garden and great swimming pool!
The Spa is also a winner. Great indoor swimming pool, massage, hamman, etc,....
Very very nice!
Plenty of nice other cities to visit, by car! For instance: Andratx, Soller, Deia, Portals Nous, and of course Palma. Really worth hiring a car!

Room Tip: For a quite room, best on the Side of the Spa Club.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear domi034,

Many thanks for writing your opinion about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your words regarding our service standards and quality of our food.

It was a pleasure taking care of you and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited the hotel in June this year. On arrival we were allocated an older style room- Not the ones they show on the website. However despite being rather traditional in appearance it was spacious and clean and had everything we needed. Tne only issue I had was with noise from the neighbours although it seems i may have sensitive hearing! All of the hard fllors and glass balconies seem to amplify the noise. The public areas of the hotel are lovely with lots of seating. I imagine this hotel is worthy of a stay all year round. The breakfast was amazing with plenty of choice including Cava!. We didnt eat in the hotel but im sure the evening meal would be just as impressive. The Spa is worthy of a visit. We had a couple of treatments which were good and the environment is lovely although we did have a shock on the first day when guests in the steam room were naked! (obviously not brits!) THe standard at the hotel is really good and i imagine if you pay for an upgraded room with a sea view it would be hard to fault (assuimg you have considerate neighbours but that would apply anywhere)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view for updated rooms although they probably overlook the entertainment area which...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heather H,

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience in Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis with all travellers.

I am delighted to know that you liked our hotel and the food of our restaurant.

I would like to clarify that we show on our website all the kind of rooms that we have got, in any case, I apologize if you were expecting other type of room.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time in writing your opinion about us.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again.

OPHASSELT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My first time in this hotel was 40 years ago. Today I am still staying there. This says a lot, as a like nice places. The hotel is getting better each year. We try to go 2 times a year as it is a place where you can relax. Being a hard working businessman, I need this.

Room Tip: Talk to the reservation service before booking. They will help you.
Dear pattiger,

First of all, many thanks for taking a few minutes of your time to write a review about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

I would like to thank you for still trusting us after 40 years, it is a real pleasure for us to know that you feel relaxed staying at our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your kind comment and we hope to welcome you soon again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

For someone who doesn't enjoy flying, majorca is only 2 hours away from England so was rather attractive to me when booking a romantic trip for only 5 days. We decided to book a private taxi from the airport as it ment we could be unpacked and on the beach with in an hour from landing as the journey was only a 20 minute drive. Having only just returned from this hotel, we have already discussed returning in September. I may even go back in August on my own for a week as there were plenty of women holidaying on their own and I wouldn't feel intimidated or frightened to do the same. The food was excellent and plentiful and the staff could not do enough for us. We had an old style room which was large and lovely and cleaned every day. Every room has either a balcony or terres. Don't take any towels with you, they supply them for the beach on a daily basis. We had one day of over cast weather so we decided to take a stroll into palma which is only a 5 minute walk away, where there are plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from. When we returned from our walk we went into the indoor pool area which was fab as they have sun lounges to lay on if you don't fancy a swim. My advice would be to go for the half board option as the food is so good and there's lots of variety to choose from. The restaurant opens at 7.30am for breakfast and 're-opens again at 7.30pm. Entertainment every night was a bonus although not always to our taste. There are bars and restaurants in the surrounding area if you don't want to stay in the hotel or walk into palma at night. The beach is lovely and they have just installed a brand new jetty. The hotel itself is family-friendly although there is nothing apart from the pool to entertain young children, even my own children aged 18 and 16 would have been bord staying here. Two weeks stay I think would be to much but one week or even 5 days which is what we done, was just right for us. We will definitely be returning again this year as I have not found one thing to moan about which is rare for me.

Room Tip: Although it states sea view, all rooms only have partial sea views, even the rooms located at the fr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear djstevefromlondon,

Thank you very much for taking the time writing your experience in our hotel, which I will share with all our team.

It is a pleasure to read your review and I am most happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

I am delighted to see that you liked our food and that you found our staff very friendly. We always try to do our best in order to achieve the complete satisfaction of our customers.

Once again, many thanks for choosing us, and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again.

Aylesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for four nights half board. The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment and we had one of the updated rooms. This is the second hotel we have stayed in recently which has undergone a 'boutique style' updating. The room certainly looks impressive, but suffered with a centrally located shower cubicle which leaked all over the floor because the door didn't fit properly, and a small, impractical washbasin. The bidet has been sacrificed for a separate WC with a glass door. Not everyone wishes to have so little privacy and I would personally prefer the traditional separate bathroom. However, the beds were very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean.
The dining experience was rather strange. There was a good buffet selection, offering the usual salads, but also a selection of meat and fish dishes and vegetables. There was then a waiter service for a 'main course' with a fish, meat or vegetarian option. This seemed rather pointless as it partially duplicated the buffet. The course when it arrived was small and my partner had to get extra vegetables from the buffet. I feel that a full buffet would be better. The service was also slow at times. We were there for the weekly Gala Dinner, which again looked impressive on the menu but was disappointing. We waited 25 minutes for the first starter and I noticed that several diners gave up waiting either before or during the meal.
The hotel is in an excellent location and I am sure we will return, but there is some room for improvement.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the garden for a view.
Dear Hilary B,

First of all I want to thank you for spending a few minutes of your time to share such a detailed review about Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.
I am delighted to know that you liked our rooms and you found the bed comfortable.
I would like to apologize if the service at the restaurant sometimes was a bit slow, it was because when you stayed at the hotel was full, in any case I am sorry for this inconvenience.
We have got renovated rooms and every season we got a newly renovated floor.
Once again, thank you for your comment and we hope to see you soon again at Son Caliu Hotel.

E-commerce

Been to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis? Share your experiences!