“Perfect for adults” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis

Save Saved
You added Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis to your Saves list
Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Son Caliu 8 | Son Caliu, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #6 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Devon
“Perfect for adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Second visit to this hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We had a small balcony which looked over the gardens. Breakfast is excellent with lots of choice. Facilities include a great spa and pool. The pool leads to a small beach which is quiet and has free beds. The beach is not suitable for children as the sea is rocky. Small bars around the beach offer drinks and snacks. A small walk leads to palm nova and nite life. A taxi ride can take you to nite life for a small cost. Staff are friendly and helpful at all times. Would return again.

• Stayed September 2012
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Is a pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed your holidays in our Hotel because that means that we are making well our job.
Many thanks for your nice comment. Don't hesitate to contact directly with us for your next visit.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Nayland, Suffolk, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Not what we would expect from a 4* hotel. Shower poor with varying degrees of temperature whilst using it. Had to wait 24 hours for a dripping toilet cistern to be repaired after asking at least four times if this could be done. Bedroom fairly noisy from time to time from other rooms. Breakfast good, neary all the staff friendly with maybe the exception of one or two. Lounges nicely decorated with comfortable chairs. Room for storage of golf clubs useful. We had a superior room with a sea view, but the room was not that large. Clean towels every day. Would think the hotel caters for families well. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Only 15 minutes from airport.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have a good view with the sun in the morning. Small balcony.
Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking a moment to share your experience with all the travellers.
I would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience that you had with the shower and the toilet.
We are sorry if there were some people making noise but usually if that happens you must to say it to the reception staff and they will speak with them.
Thank you very much for your kind comment about our staff.
If you want to come back, don't hesitate to contact directly with us and we will offer you a competitive rate.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Son Caliu Hotel apartments for one week.

We were very satisfied, the place is beautiful located and the service is excellent. We had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and it was amazing with lots to choose from and a great view to the ocean. I am still dreaming about their delicious cold oatmeal porridge with apples and raisins :-)

Some reviews mentioned that they felt they were treated different, since they were staying in the cheaper apartments instead of the hotel rooms. We did not notice this, everybody were so friendly, the receptionists, waiters and the housekeeping.

There is a big supermarket close by, and it is easy to take the bus to Palma, or a taxi if the bus is too crowded,

I would love to visit Son Caliu Hotel again one day, amazing place.

Room Tip: Remember earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Very thin walls.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for taking a few minutes of your time to leave this so kind comment about our Hotel.
We hope that you come back soon to visit us.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the first holiday including my 3 month old daughter so I had the pressure of choosing the right hotel, I ended up choosing the Son Caliu based on reading previous reviews and it turned out to be a fantastic decision. The Location is perfect because it is far enough away from both Palma Nova & Magaluf if you just want a quiet break but close enough if you wish to sample the restuarants & nightlife. The Breakfast included in the price was pretty much faultless with the choice and variety really good and the staff at breakfast are all really freindly.The Swimming pool Spa & Beach are an added bonus, all are well run with towels supplied at all 3.Bar staff,Reception staff and cleaners were all very friendly & helpful. The free wi-fi is also a bonus just ask the reception for the code.
Our room was ok but didnt have the cot in, but within minutes staff had sourced a Travel cot (similar to the one we use at home) and erected it, as mention on earlier reviews It may be worth paying a little extra for a room upgrade as the standard rooms are just ok. Overall this was are first family holiday and it was definatley one to remember this partly down to the 'Son Caliu' I am sure we will be back pretty soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Mr. Matthew,

Many thanks for choosing our Son Caliu Hotel Spa-Oasis to spend your holidays, and thank you very much for your lovely comments about us.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed a good time with us and it is a pleasure for us to hear that you take with you a good memories of your stay.
We hope to see you soon again.

Southport, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travelled here with a friend for a chill out spa weekend. We were allowed to check in as soon as we arrived c. 10am which was lovely to freshen up after leaving the house at 3am!
Staff were exceptionally friendly.
Food was absolutely delicious, far the best hotel food I've had with a really vast choice.
Bedroom location was the only slight negative, it was on the second floor with the balacony shaded by a large tree with a view of the bottle bank (which was also very noisy). I had requested higher up rooms but I believe these are superior ones and we'd only paid for standard. However, I must stress bedrooms were very clean and perfectly adequate for our length of stay.
Private beach, really lovely.
Spa was a welcome haven when the rain came! Spent a lovely afternoon having a massage and using the excellent spa facilities. We were two friends travelling for peace and quiet but close enough to lively Palma should we have wanted a more crowded area - we didn't! The cocktail bar on the corner by the hotel makes the best mojitos which was where our 3 evenings were spent!
Hotel let us have a late check out which was so much appreciated, really helped us enjoy our last day.
If you want peace and quiet, quality food and a quality hotel I would look no further! Thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Steer away from 2nd floor at the back, noisy and without a view. Probably worth paying extra for a s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write your opinion about our hotel and we are grateful for your kind comments about our hotel, staff and our facilities.
I am disappointed to know that you were not glad with your room location. We will be delighted to see you soon again and please, do not hesitate to contact directly with us and we will do our best in order to achieve your complete satisfaction.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went to this hotel as I was with friends on a golfing holiday who had been there before. I found it very well appointed with a decent bedroom, bath and shower. I will agree that the shower needed precise adjustment, but it was first class. Due to a mix up with our golf clubs (nothing to do with the hotel) our first day was spent mainly in the garden bar where the lovely Clara plied us with drinks and smiles until we moved on. The following day I swam in the pool and made my way to the pleasant inlet which forms the private beach. The sea was too rough to swim in but I'm sure when it is less ferocious it would be very nice. I did not use the Spa facilities but I've no doubt if they were to the same quality as the rest of the hotel then it would be great. One thing I did notice; there appeared to be good disabled facilities, and as my wife does have some disability I think the hotel would be fine for her. In fact I told her as soon as I arrived home that we should visit a.s.a.p. Perhaps we will some other time as she does not like coming back to cold weather. As an older person I appreciated the quiet surroundings and thought this an ideal hotel for families too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking a few minutes of your time to leave us your opinion about our hotel.
Since your comment, we have checked the shower and we have fixed it.
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and that you are satisfied with our staff. As you say on your comment, we have got disabled facilities.
We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just got back from my trip and I must say that I would recommend this hotel to other people. The hotel rooms are a bit dated and 80's looking but it's a great private location with direct acces to your own private cove. It also has free wifi and free access to the spa amenities. The staff is very helpful and nice. I definitely recommend u rent a car so you can explore the rest of the island.
If you like to enjoy nice meals, I recommend you go to the port area where all the very nice yatchs are located..look for "Diablito".

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel an our staff. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.
We hope to see you soon again.

Best regards,

Been to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis? Share your experiences!