“'Perfect choice'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis

Save Saved
You added Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis to your Saves list
Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Son Caliu 8 | Son Caliu, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Liverpool
“'Perfect choice'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the first holiday including my 3 month old daughter so I had the pressure of choosing the right hotel, I ended up choosing the Son Caliu based on reading previous reviews and it turned out to be a fantastic decision. The Location is perfect because it is far enough away from both Palma Nova & Magaluf if you just want a quiet break but close enough if you wish to sample the restuarants & nightlife. The Breakfast included in the price was pretty much faultless with the choice and variety really good and the staff at breakfast are all really freindly.The Swimming pool Spa & Beach are an added bonus, all are well run with towels supplied at all 3.Bar staff,Reception staff and cleaners were all very friendly & helpful. The free wi-fi is also a bonus just ask the reception for the code.
Our room was ok but didnt have the cot in, but within minutes staff had sourced a Travel cot (similar to the one we use at home) and erected it, as mention on earlier reviews It may be worth paying a little extra for a room upgrade as the standard rooms are just ok. Overall this was are first family holiday and it was definatley one to remember this partly down to the 'Son Caliu' I am sure we will be back pretty soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Mr. Matthew,

Many thanks for choosing our Son Caliu Hotel Spa-Oasis to spend your holidays, and thank you very much for your lovely comments about us.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed a good time with us and it is a pleasure for us to hear that you take with you a good memories of your stay.
We hope to see you soon again.

Son Caliu Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Southport, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travelled here with a friend for a chill out spa weekend. We were allowed to check in as soon as we arrived c. 10am which was lovely to freshen up after leaving the house at 3am!
Staff were exceptionally friendly.
Food was absolutely delicious, far the best hotel food I've had with a really vast choice.
Bedroom location was the only slight negative, it was on the second floor with the balacony shaded by a large tree with a view of the bottle bank (which was also very noisy). I had requested higher up rooms but I believe these are superior ones and we'd only paid for standard. However, I must stress bedrooms were very clean and perfectly adequate for our length of stay.
Private beach, really lovely.
Spa was a welcome haven when the rain came! Spent a lovely afternoon having a massage and using the excellent spa facilities. We were two friends travelling for peace and quiet but close enough to lively Palma should we have wanted a more crowded area - we didn't! The cocktail bar on the corner by the hotel makes the best mojitos which was where our 3 evenings were spent!
Hotel let us have a late check out which was so much appreciated, really helped us enjoy our last day.
If you want peace and quiet, quality food and a quality hotel I would look no further! Thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Steer away from 2nd floor at the back, noisy and without a view. Probably worth paying extra for a s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write your opinion about our hotel and we are grateful for your kind comments about our hotel, staff and our facilities.
I am disappointed to know that you were not glad with your room location. We will be delighted to see you soon again and please, do not hesitate to contact directly with us and we will do our best in order to achieve your complete satisfaction.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went to this hotel as I was with friends on a golfing holiday who had been there before. I found it very well appointed with a decent bedroom, bath and shower. I will agree that the shower needed precise adjustment, but it was first class. Due to a mix up with our golf clubs (nothing to do with the hotel) our first day was spent mainly in the garden bar where the lovely Clara plied us with drinks and smiles until we moved on. The following day I swam in the pool and made my way to the pleasant inlet which forms the private beach. The sea was too rough to swim in but I'm sure when it is less ferocious it would be very nice. I did not use the Spa facilities but I've no doubt if they were to the same quality as the rest of the hotel then it would be great. One thing I did notice; there appeared to be good disabled facilities, and as my wife does have some disability I think the hotel would be fine for her. In fact I told her as soon as I arrived home that we should visit a.s.a.p. Perhaps we will some other time as she does not like coming back to cold weather. As an older person I appreciated the quiet surroundings and thought this an ideal hotel for families too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking a few minutes of your time to leave us your opinion about our hotel.
Since your comment, we have checked the shower and we have fixed it.
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and that you are satisfied with our staff. As you say on your comment, we have got disabled facilities.
We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just got back from my trip and I must say that I would recommend this hotel to other people. The hotel rooms are a bit dated and 80's looking but it's a great private location with direct acces to your own private cove. It also has free wifi and free access to the spa amenities. The staff is very helpful and nice. I definitely recommend u rent a car so you can explore the rest of the island.
If you like to enjoy nice meals, I recommend you go to the port area where all the very nice yatchs are located..look for "Diablito".

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel an our staff. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.
We hope to see you soon again.

Guernsey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lovely hotel, nice spa and pool.Food at breakfast was good lots of choice.We had a good time here as we were a party of 20 and the bar staff were very freindly.It was nice having our own beach. Provision of beach towels was good just a shame we didn't know beforehand as we wasted suitcase space with them!A popular golfing hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with youngsters as it is walking distance to the nihgtlife in Magaluf.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel facing the hills which meant we had the sun all afternoon. Our frei...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your opinion about our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.
It is a real pleasure to hear that you appreciate our hotel and our staff. We would be delighted to welcome you again in our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact with us for your next visit, we will do our best to offer you a competitive rate.

Kind regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The room we stayed in was very shabby the shower did not know wether it was scalding hot or cold the fridge didn't work continuously and had to be reported three times the food was just ok not exactly four star quality finally there was no interaction with the restaurant staff at best they were arrogant and not friendly at all

• Stayed September 2012
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your opinion. We are very sorry to hear that you had some problems with shower and with the fridge. I would like to tell you we have taken good note of your opinion and we hope to be able to improve in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Son Caliu with a friend for 3 nights, with the intention of getting very drunk on a night and relaxing in a nice hotel during the day. So we thought we'd be as well paying a bit more for a nice hotel that was away from all the noise of Palma Nova and Magaluf. All good in this respect. We had a great time in the bars and clubs of Magaluf on a night after a 20-30 min walk there (taxi back though!) and could relax around a lovely pool during the day.

Plus points:
Great pool area
Quiet location (no bars pumping music out, so you could sleep)
Really close to Palma airport
Very relaxed atmosphere
Great outside dining area/pool bar

Negatives/things that could be improved:
Check in; Not told when or where breakfast was served. Not told about safe in room etc etc, just given key and pointed to the lifts

Breakfast: It took us 10 mins to figure out how to use the stupid coffee machines in the restaurant. Cheap frozen sausages, horrible 'bacon'

Rooms: Our room was very dated and in need of refurbishment ASAP. There is no way that it could be classed as a 4* with the quality of the rooms (thankfully the pool area is worthy of the 4* rating, so you quickly forget how tired the rooms are)

Attitude of some staff: You always get good and bad staff in hotels. In this hotel I seemed to only deal with the staff who didn't know how to smile and had never heard of customer service. For example I ordered a club sandwich at the outside bar, after 20 mins the club sandwich arrived and it looked great.... apart from the long hair hanging out. I alerted a member of staff who just looked at me blank. 2 mins later the same sandwich minus the hair came back to me, so I explained I wanted to change my order and just go for the salad buffet. The guy never actually said a word to me in the whole process, just walked off with the sandwich. A better member of staff came over with a plate for the salad bar and was much friendlier, but I've still not had an apology and had a bill for around 16 euros for 2 cokes and a salad. The good news is that the salad was fantastic

The hotel generally attracts middle aged German couples and the entertainment is very much geared to that age range. I wouldn't suggest this hotel is suitable for young couples or families.

In terms of value for money I do not think the hotel offers value for money, for the price we paid and the star rating I would have expected much more for my money. I

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to share your opinion about our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis. We are very sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel up to standards in a few aspects, we will let it know to the management. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed pool and our location.
Please do not hesitate to contact with us directly, we would be very glad if you give us another chance.

Son Caliu Team

Been to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis? Share your experiences!