“Good Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Jakiton

You added Hostal Jakiton to your Saves list
Hostal Jakiton
1.0 of 5 Guest house   |   San Miguel de Liria, 8 | Torrenova, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Palmanova B&B and Inns
nottingham
“Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed for a week on the 11th Sept 2012. I was very impressed with the situation and cleanliness. Could be noisy area in peak season but ideal away from this time. Easy access to Palma Nova and the nightlife of Magalluf.Good value for money. Would certainly use again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Me and my girlfriend visited Hostal Jakiton on 19/09/2012 as we travelled from Cala Do'r for a change of scenery, As this was a last minute thing for us, majority of hotels didnt have a spare room and the ones that did have a spare room for the night, they were asking for excess of 130 Euros. One of the Hotel asked us to checked out Jakiton as they might have a spare room and we were soo glad we did. When asked for a spare room, they said they might be full but rang to make sure. They did have a spare room and was only asking for 38 Euros which was well over 50% cheaper than what other hotels was asking for. At 1st glance, I did notice it mentioned it was a Hostel and only 1 star. Looking at our room and the standard of the place, I would definitely not class this as a Hostel or either 1 star. Room and toilet was very clean,with fresh towels provided. Our room had a TV and a balcony but a huge bonus was a free wifi! Place was really quiet and we had a great sleep. From my initial reaction, i will never judge a place from its star rating or its name ever again. Would definitely recommend Hostal Jakiton to anyone who like to stay in a cheap, clean and very welcoming place. If you want value for money, then if place is definitely for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my friend for a hen do on 13th-16th July. Location was fab and the rooms were extremely clean. The lady owner was more than helpful and we had a fan and safe in the room both for free.
Room was very quiet and we had no trouble here, felt very safe. The Hostal is more like a boutique hotel than a Hostal! Would definately recommend more than most of the hotels in Ma

• Stayed July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a basic hotel. Clean and tidy. The lady who does the house keeping is very nice. The owner does not speak good english so she needs the housekeeper to assist with translation sometimes. The location of the hotel means it is noisy outside at various times during the night especially about 6am when the clubs are closing. Due to the pricing of this hotel it does atract a number of younger people and this can make for a lot of noise during the night inside the building.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I was searching for an accommodation quite last minute online for a weekend in Magalluf to join my friends who have already booked their place like almost a year before in other hotel. I couldn't find any hotel which is available for the period of my stay so I tried my luck to find B&B instead. Saw Hostal Jakiton and read some reviews about it, back in my mind was as long as it is not a dodgy place, I'll take it since I will only spend my time sleeping in the late evening.

First night in Magalluf I joined my friends in the hotel, it was a popular hotel and trust me it was like a 2 stars hotel you could possibly find hidden somewhere in countryside of Vietnam or Myanmar. For some reason, this hotel was FULLY booked (and fortunately for me I didn;t pay to stay there!!). The second day I tried my luck to go earlier to Hostal Jakiton intending to check in earlier around 10 am. A lady came down to the reception and I told her that I've booked the room but I wanted to check in early if it's possible. She very nicely told me that the cleaner lady only comes around 12 but she said it so politely that I am happy to wait for 2 hours. I went to the cafe next to the hostel which serves good English breakfast. Checked into the room around 11:30 am, completely satisfied with the room condition (considering the price I paid). Toilet was clean and fresh towels were provided, room was clean with a nice balcony. It was a little warm in the room because there is no air-conditioning but the fan provided helped much. Wifi connection is available near the reception.

Overall, I will recommend this hostel for those of you who is looking for a room to rest, far from the noisy part of Magalluf.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Warrington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed for one night at this hostel, as we were desperate for a room as I was unwell and didnt want to walk far - Just needed a bed! I was pleasently surprised. It was very clean and the cleaner and owner both very helpfull and pleasent. The cleaner was English which was helpful. It cost us 32 \Euros to stay, and I have no issues with this place at all. \Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Jakiton? Share your experiences!