“Very disappointing !!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmanova
Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos
You added Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos to your Saves list
Germans Pinzon S/N,, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
basingstoke
“Very disappointing !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Im afraid I was very disappointed with this hotel, after the excellent traveller ratings and reviews on trip advisor I was really looking forward to my holiday.

We stayed in the Tordos, which really is the poor relation, as the mirlos is much more modern, bright and airy, although we ended up eating at the Tordos most of the time because the queue for food was not quite as long as the Mirlos restaurant, where it really did feel like feeding time at the zoo.

My most vivid memories of this hotel will be queue, queue, queue, we had to queue every time we wanted a drink, (you need to employ another bartender), sometimes you were waiting there in the sweltering heat for ages, we queue for the lifts, we que for the sunbeds at the crack of dawn otherwise there was no chance of getting one, even although at the start of the holiday we were adamant that we would not do this.

The size of the pools were absolutely ridiculous for the amount of people staying there, two huge hotels all trying to squeeze into 2 small pools, the larger of the two pools was absolutely freezing because it was in the shade all day, so the smallest pool was packed, and then half the pool was sectioned off in the afternoon for water polo, where an accident is waiting to happen, with the ball constantly being thrown at full force around the sunbeds where unsuspecting people were trying to relax, there really is not enough room or a big enough pool for those sort of games.

The food was ok but the most repetitive of any hotel I've ever stayed at, the salad and puddings were very poor, and I did not experience the friendly staff that was mentioned, it doesn't take much effort to put a smile on your face, and the amount of times I said thanks to be given a dirty look for my efforts.

The room was absolutely tiny, we had three single beds in our room and you could not walk between them, we ended up putting them together so there was a narrow gap round the sides.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel was the evening entertainment was good for the kids, and the animation team did a good job, especially the guy in the purple suit at the horror show who had my husband and I in fits of laughter.

Im afraid this is my honest opinion of this hotel, it was the high season, but even still, you pay a lot of money for the holiday and needed another holiday to get over it, it was far too over crowded and I would not go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just spent 10 nights with my husband and daughter aged 5. We had a fantastic time and my daughter had the best holiday ever. The entertainment and pool is great. The rooms are fine as is the food. The only downfall was the sunbed situation. You had to get up at 7 and sit where u wanted your beds which opens at 8. If you don't you won't get a spec. Same for night time entertainment not enough seats. This wouldn't stop us from going back though because the hotel is great otherwise and you get around it eventually. Definitely recommend and looking to book again for next August.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My children (11 and 15) and I just returned from all inclusive holiday. There are two hotels mirlos and tordos, we stayed in the sol tordos. The choice and quality of food available was great, even with two fussy eating boys!
The entertainment during the day and evening was brilliant, I especially enjoyed the Beatles tribute band and the archery.
The beaches are a few minutes walk away and have loads of water sports available.
Post office and chemist opposite hotel, shops just a 5 minute walk away.
Highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
Hope you have a lovely holiday as we did.

• Stayed August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We decided to go all inclusive on our holiday this year and this hotel was well worth it. From the minute of booking in the staff were very friendly and very helpful.

The entertainment team didn't stop and were always happy.

The food was plenty and always a good selection every day.

We stayed in the Mirlos side as out of season so only one half of the hotel open so meant queing at the bar alot !!

Would deff go back to this hotel again :-)

• Stayed May 2012
Holywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

After spending so many hours browsing on the web for the right holiday for myself and my two boy, aged 7 and 4, I decided to try the Sol Mirlos hotel and definitely made the right choice. Excellent hotel, food good, great variety. Rooms a bit small but the view from the 9th floor made it so worth while. The hotel is so well maintained, so clean. Kids club is excellent, staff were so good. Kids pools were great, my boys had so much fun. You definitely need to be up early to guarantee a bed around the pool area. Entertainment at night was great. Hotel is located so close to the beach. Plenty of shops and other eating areas near the hotel. I found all of the staff so friendly, very helpful. Would definitely reccommend this hotel for families. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Views from the upper floors are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heath Hayes UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Mirlos Hotel and had a fantastic time! I was with my husband and our 9 year old son.

Food there was a good variety every day- pizza, chicken nuggets, pasta, curry, chilli, paella, risotto, salads, soups, vegetables and of course meat and fish cooked fresh on the grill! Breakfast was the usual things with fresh omelettes too! Usually easy to get a table and plenty of high chairs if you need them. The snack bar in the Tordos was great too, lovely toastIes and hot dogs and was still serving breakfast things after 10.00am.

The entertainment varied from the magic show to live bands- The Beatles tribute were super although it would have been better to have a two week rotation as we saw some things twice! You need to get a table early for the Torsos stage but easy to get one usually by the inside Mirlos stage. Lots of things for adults and children to join in with during the day too.

Lots of sun beds by all of the pools but they are chained up until 7.45 so we got up and sat in chairs where we wanted to be with an umbrella until they were unlocked!

You can only get 3 drinks at a time but not a problem and there are some free cocktails but if you are all inclusive the others were only 2.55€!

The rooms were an ok size and if you send an email to the hotel they will try to accommodate any requests- we asked for the Mirlos hotel on a low floor and got both. If you want a room facing the stage then you need a room in the Tordos.

Great location to the beach and both resorts of Palma Nova and Magaluf close by!

We had a lovely holiday and will definitely visit again in the future! :0)

• Stayed July 2012
Houghton Regis, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

we are off on our holiday on saturday 4th aug which will b our 3rd yr runnin at this hotel havent really got nothin 2 complain about pretty much most of staff are always happy and chatty. me myself as a mum of a 3 yr old boy im quite fussy but i love stayin here only stayed in mirlos and hopin 2 stay in there again this yr so if any1 has the email address of the hotel id b greatful if some how u could pass it on so i can msg them. thankyou overall a gd place 2 choose lots 2 do and only 1 min walk from bak gates to the beach

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos? Share your experiences!