“Good hotel for groups.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HM Martinique

You added HM Martinique to your Saves list
HM Martinique
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tirso de Molina 1, 07182 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Good hotel for groups.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Second time in Magaluf.Went last year in July but this time was in May.Hotel was pretty big and lots of groups and met some girls so had a brilliant time.Was all incisive and the food was alright and there was lots of it. bar closed a bit early but we always went out to town anyway then so it didn't matter.Room was big and 3 of us shared together. Pool was a good to hang around during day and music was good.Might go again later in year if I can afford it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed from first of May through 6th of May and couldn't get enough of Magalluf. The hotel is also fab. It is 5 minutes to the beach and 10 minutes to Magalluf strip. Great hotel to stay at if going to Magalluf!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

First time in Magaluf - was dubious about going there anyway due to its reputation. But arrived at HM Martinique for 5 days and was surprised how nice it was! Friendly staff at the reception explained everything we needed to know. We were given our all inclusive bands and went to our apartment.
The rooms are all you need for a stay in Magaluf, enough space for me and my friend, clean and quite modern with a kitchenette and fridge.
The pool was lush - but a tad cold! The all inclusive bar got a bit busy at times and you can only get half pints at a time... but we drank our share of free booze! (choice of San Miguel or house spirits and mixers, other bar sold shots and branded booze) The food is awful though... We attempted lunch on the first day - and couldn't stomach it :/
I noticed someone on here moaning their kids couldn't sleep because of the noise?! It's Magaluf - not Disney Land... don't take kids to Magaluf!!
The hotel was noisy, with people having fun and a good time! I loved it!
The beach was a 5 minute walk away and the strip about the same. There is also a Spar right next to hotel, sells essentials... like beer and water!
I would definitely go back to HM Martinique, even though the food was minging - theres loads of places about, so you wouldn't starve!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies - but the ones facing in get more sunshine in the afternoon :D
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel is value for money if you like lager and vodka.These are of course local and not branded and watered down. The rooms are of a good size but we noted that the floors are not swept just mopped with the cleaners hair left on the floor. The toilet seat and bowl were stained. There are blackout curtains in the bedroom and living area. There is a safe in the wardrobe for your personal belongings, there is a charge to use this. The cleaners seemed friendly enough until I found my full bottle of perfume hidden behind the curtains clearly hoping I wouldn't find it and she would be able to take it upon me checking out the following day. I also found my iPhone charger hidden under pillows on one of the spare beds. Also, one of the other girls had her bra and leggings taken from her room. When she reported this to reception they just said to phone the police! We had a real laugh while we were there, you just make the most of it and sit by the bar to save walking to it every 10 minutes. The food is OK, warm pasta for lunch then whatever is left is served cold for dinner. I couldn't complain who goes to Magaluf to eat!
The hotel is situated in a good place, not too close to the strip and not too far either.
If you are not bothered for fresh food and branded alcohol then make this your place to stay, I wouldn't take my family to this hotel but it was great for me and the girls. There were a lot of other groups of women and men and they tend to come back from a night out and be singing and laughing on the corridors but no big deal to me. I also had someone knocking on my door for about 30 minutes and trying the door to get but just left them to it and went back to sleep! Overall a fab holiday with the girls and I would go to Magaluf again but either stay somewhere else or use the safe for my things that cleaners may take a fancy to!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kirby Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We booked an all inclusive package so we wouldn't have to worry about spending too much and running out of money for food. The bar was great, the queue got a bit long at night but free drinks were worth the wait. Loved our room, it had a kettle and a balcony. Walked to the beach, it took us only about ten minutes and walked back up the strip looking for the best place to go at night. By the end of the week we'd been to them all, magalluf is the best. Went home with a tan, hot enough to swim in the pool, and make mates well jell with my photos. Coming back in September with a posse.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This place is a good hotel. It's situated close to the strip so can get noisy at night but, it's in Magaluf so you don't exactly expect peace and serenity! Although, there were families there which surprised me - I wouldn't recommend coming here if you wish to get your 8 hours at a normal time.
The staff here are friendly, they speak fairly good English and were always willing to help. The bar staff and dining staff were always happy and you could have a laugh with them.
We opted to pay extra to go All Inclusive when we arrived - it was around £18-£20 per person per day I think.
The food was nice but very samey. You're guaranteed a couple of pasta dishes, some fish and some deep fried foods. There are fruits and vegetables/salad at each meal.
The drinks were OK, my wife wasn't happy as they didn't have Malibu or a local equivalent but we all ended up drinking San Miguel all day.
The rooms were cleaned daily and very quite large - we had a bedroom and a living room (including a sofa-bed) and a good sized bathroom. We had to sleep with the balcony door open as I was too hot so it was fairly loud at night but the noise died down at around 6am.
The pool is large and clean and the surrounding area is also clean and tidy. There are two bars by the pool and these stock lager, and a few spirits and soft drinks.
All in all, this place is ideal for where it is. If you're going to Maga, you want a hotel that has a pool, edible food and some sort of alcohol. Beds aren't massively important but they are comfy here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good hotel with English speaking at reception, the rooms were cleaned daily and clean towells layed out, If you want sleep then dont stay here coz from 2am up until 6am all you hear is slamming doors, shouting and screaming from people coming in from the clubs etc,
Didn't bother us tho as it could well have been us doing the shouting lol, we all met up in the Dreams bar opp the hotel, they do good food and cheap drinks, good start for the day.
The boatyard on the beach is a def place to go during the day, Chris & Frazer will make you feel welcome and they serve great food. will be going back to the Martinique next year!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to HM Martinique? Share your experiences!