“Best hotel in Magaluff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sotavento Apartments

You added Sotavento Apartments to your Saves list
Sotavento Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Torrenova 34 | Calvià, 7181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
“Best hotel in Magaluff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with 6 other girls and I would defintely recommend this hotel as THE only place to stay in Magaluff!! Rooms r a great size and very clean.

This is most certainly a party hotel!!!! DJ Scouse was awsome on the decks and the poolside bar is tops!!!

1 thing I would mention is we were on the ground floor and quite near the bins so would occasionally get a smell of waste in our room not so good when you have a hangover!!

Overall I would definately stay here again!! In fact I am hoping to book up for my Sisters Hen do in August 2014!

• Stayed May 2013
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, we are all really pleased that you had a fantastic time at Sotavento.

I have passed your comments onto all the team as its always good to know when you are doing a good job.

We do hope to see you back for your sisters hen party in 2014, if you do want to come back please send me an email and I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for the positive feedback and we hope to see you with us again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Pros -
This is a hotel for the young and lively, i would go as far to say suitable for no other groups.
Poolside DJ was pretty good, nice pool bar, pool itself was good. Nice and clean. Plenty of sun loungers .
Nice young beautiful people having a great time, good talent. good balance of boys and girls.
All the staff excluding the night watchman (Torch-man) were lovely.,
Rooms were clean, working fridge and hob for hangover supa-noodles.
Excellent location, 2 minute walk from strip and the beach.
Beach path is amazing for restaurants, would highly recommend 'the boat yard', delicious.
Bathroom and shower was perfect.

Cons -
Our room faced the rear, which was a car-park and a wall. no great view, try and get a poolside room, So you can sit and drink on the balcony with a view over magaluf.
The night watchman constantly bursts into your room if your playing music after 10pm.., confiscating our speaker, which in a young party hotel i don't understand. Different if its the early hours and is still going, but for pre-drinks before going out, wasn't impressed.

Summise -
Magaluf is Magaluf, its cheap, sleazy and a hole. But its great for a mad week on the drink,
You'll see countless stags and hens, the reps constantly trying to get you into bars are irritating after a while, but its great fun. Something you got to experience. Get smashed.

Room Tip: Poolside room if at all possible. View over the back of the hotel is a car-park and a brick wall. no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us at Sotavento, we do appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased that you had a great holiday with us and thank you for your positive comments about our apartments and the team.

I note that you have pointed out several "cons" as well as the "pros" of staying at Sotavento and would like to clarify the points raised.

All of the apartments (25 in total) for 5 and 6 people face the back of the building, these do have views onto our private car park and the neighbouring villa. The other 47 apartments that sleep up to 4 people all face the front of the buidling and most of pool and sea views.

Our nightime reception and security team do not start until after 11pm and all guests are reminded at check in that they must not play music after midnight in consideration of all other guests. Just for clarity at no point would our night time team "burst" into any guest apartment, they will of course come to any apartment that is making excessive noise to ask you to respect other guests who maybe sleeping.

I am sorry that you were not happy with this approach, however I have noted from a review you left from another hotel that you stayed at in Magaluf that you also had problems with their nightime reception team complaining about the excessive noise from your room. I am sure you will agree that all hotels to have to consider all guests staying at their property.

Thank you again for leaving a review of your stay with us and I am pleased that overall you had a fantastic time.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Been to the Sotavento twice now the last few years & would definately go again, actually i would prob not bother staying anywhere else. Both times i have been on a hen weekend away & both times been made to feel exeptionally welcome.

The place is very clean & tidy and the food is lovely. The times i have been have been in sept/april so never in the full swing of the summer when i dare say it would get very busy.

The staff here are superb, really helpful and will do anything they can to help & make your holiday the best, Dj during the day is awsome - such fun we had - apartments are clean and well laid out with lovely decor.

And the wifi is an added bonus this year as it wasnt available the time before

All in all had a fab experience of the sotavento & wouldnt hesitate to recomend it to anyone

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Claire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, I am so pleased that you last visit was as good as the time before and hopefully you will keep coming back for more!

I have passed all of your comments onto all the team as it is always good to know when the work you do is appreciated.

We introduced the WIFI new this summer and it has been a great hit with all our guests.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review we really do appreciate it.

If you do want to come back to see us sometime please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure that I get you the best deal possible.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just spent 4 nights at these apartments with my grandaughter and her boyfriend for my husbands 60th birthday.It is not a place for the elderly but we were made very welcome and was given a room at the quieter end of the hotel.The rooms are spotless and the decor is beautiful and the staff are very pleasant and helpful.There was a lot of young people staying and we could see they were all having fun but we didn't encounter any problems with this.The only problem we had was the steep hill to get there,not good if you have knee problems.I personally wouldn't stay there again but only because of our age but i would highly recommend it to any youngsters or parties as it really is a beautiful hotel to stay in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your stay with us at Sotavento, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for the positive comments about the hotel, our team and the facilities.

We do welcome people of all ages, but are you rightly say we are very popular with groups of friends travelling together and at the time of year of your stay with hen and stag parties.

I am really pleased that you found the service from our team to be good and also enjoyed the food and the drink we offer.

We are located at the top of a hill and for some people this is not ideal, however we do include this fact in all our descriptions to make sure that everyone is aware of this before making a reservation.

I am sorry that because of the hill our property will not be suitable for you for any future visits to Magaluf, however I would thank you for your kind comments about our hotel.

Kind Regards,

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Excellent place to stay x fab staff , fab hotel , fab food, excellent fun, entertainment is fab, rooms are fab, loved everything about this hotel cannot fault it in anyway can't wait to book it for next year x

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, I am really pleased that you had such a fantastic time with us.

I have passed all your comments onto all of the team as its always nice to get such positive feedback about the work you do.

We will soon be on sale for Summer 2014 so please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you want to make a reservation and I will make sure we get you the best deals available.

Thanks again for such a great review, much appreciated.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a long weekend in Magaluf, stayed here at the Sotaventa Apartments, had the best holiday ever!!! From the min we arrived we knew we were gonna love it!! Hotel is fab, DJ round the pool is awesome, cocktails fab, staff are really friendly. This place made our holiday! Even the hill didn't take the shine off! Can guarantee 18 Warrington girls will back next year!! Oi Oi ;-)

Hi,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at Sotavento, we are really pleased that you had such a fantastic stay with us,

I have passed your comments onto all of our team as it is always good to know when you are doing a good job.

If I remember correctly you girls really did get into the pool party on the Saturday - so thank you for your participation!

We do hope to see you all back at Sotavento some time soon, maybe its now an annual event for you and the girls.

When you do want to come back please get in touch with me directly and I will ensure we get you the best deals possible.

Thanks once again for taking the time to leave a review.

leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Amazing trip to magaluf, very friendly hotel and people around it. Very good security so you know the hotel is well looked after. Good décor in hotel and rooms are good for self catering, clean and nothing is too much. Had an amazing time here and would defo come back.

Good pool parties and brill atmosphere. Go on the carnage bar crawl too as it is carnage!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hi,

Firstly thank you for sharing your views of Sotavento with other potential guests we do apprecaite you taking the time to leave a review.

I am really pleased that you had such a fantastic stay with us and have passed your comments onto all the team.

If you do want to come back please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure that we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for the positive review and we hope to see you here soon.

Peter.

Been to Sotavento Apartments? Share your experiences!