“The hotel from hell!” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Pinada 1, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 31 hotels in Magaluf
“The hotel from hell!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay in this hotel, I repeat don't stay in this hotel, the staff are pig ignorant, rooms are filthy and they never change your bed sheets, and the swimming pool is never cleaned, bits if food and that in the pool cudnt believe it. And lastly our room was full of cockroaches, hated every minute if it, try somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2012

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Anyone who rates this with less than disgusting and terrible must must live in a slum . with one death already in this place. ,There is still no one taking any interest in the guests safety . . It is just a filthy dump with no control at all from staff. It more pest infested that the jungle that the celebrates have to endure. The food is disgusting and the place place should be condemned.It is worse than any horror movie I have ever seen.

Room Tip: there are no good or safe rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tralee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Have to say I was a bit worried about staying here as its a 1 star and some of the reviews were very negative. But I had no major problems. I found the staff to be a bit disinterested but still perfectly polite. Our room was cleaned every second day, with fresh bed sheets and clean towels provided. The room itself could do with a lick of paint but was very clean. The location was fantastic. Eastenders across the road does a great all day breakfast. Theres also a shop where you can pick up anything you need. The beach and strip are minutes away. It wasn't too bad in September, but in the height of Summer I'd appreciate having air con and a fridge in the room. But all in all for the price I paid for this place I can't complain.

Room Tip: There was 4 of us in 2 rooms. One in the front, facing the road and one to the rear. We all thought...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Ne and my frend arrived at this hotel and was completly disgusted with the receptionist refusing to give us our passports back! We then went to the room to find squashed wasps up the wall, hairs in the bath and sink!! Beds wernt even made properly and had dirt all over them! The balcony door wouldnt even lock! No phone in the room nor a safe!! The receptionist bloke didnt care!!! We ended up changing hotels after calming my frend down as she didnt feel safe!!! Honesty this building wants shutting down and demolishing!

• Stayed September 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Returned 30th sept. Staff have yet to smile at us let alone speak to us. Beds were comfy but sheets were never changed all week. We never got clean towels all week. 1 day they didn't even clean our room. Rooms are shabby, the walls were filthy, bathroom was awful, loose taps, leaking sink, disgusting toilet and bidet. A lot of other reviews mentioned it being a noisy hotel, we didn't have any trouble with noise because there wasn't many people staying. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reading bad reviews about this hotel I was abit iffy about staying here. However the people that write them reviews must be snobby or are used to 5 star hotels. We checked in for a weekend in may. Free beer or cider on arrival. Great. Rooms were very clean. Staff were lovely and the balconies were great for pre drinks. When we went out we only had 1 key so left it at reception so whoever was first in could have it. I would Defo stay here again as the location and the pool are the big greats of this hotel. If your a thrill seeker go on the bungee ball you'll love it. Enjoy your stay :) x

• Stayed May 2012
Muenchen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This "h*tel" was a big disappointment and should be a shame to the owners! Booked in a travel agency in Arta for 100 Euro for 2 nights I expected a reasonable quality. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the no. of one star. For 50 Euro per night it was a total rip-off. I would value it 10 Euro or less. I wouldnt call it a hotel. The plaster on the floor walls was partly coming off, room doors not solid made (one kick and they jump open or crash). The first room I got had a toilet coming almost apart (seat was loose and water pipe connection was wobbly and ugly) and shower wasn't working properly. It was disgusting just to use it. After I complained they gave me a room on the front side which had at least working bath equippment. But the night was horrible. Due to the thin walls and even thinner doors you can hear everything from the floor. And the party folk there is loud, slamming doors, shouting etc. far after midnight. But the worst was the noise from the pubs until 5 AM in the morning on Sunday. It didnt help closing the balcony door and even ear plugs didnt help. I could not sleep there the first night. Its for party people who come back in morning 5-6 AM. Well at least when I left on Monday morning pubs closed earlier in the night. The "hotel" staff was friendly (this was the only positive thing I remember) but it didnt made up for the low quality. They promised to fix the toilet in the first room and so I was told to move back to the first room away from the pub zone. But they just gave the room to other people as they came in. So it wont be fixed. They know it will not change, they just wanna get the most money out of this shoddy place. If you stay in this place you have been warned! I just found some other 3-star hotel 10min walk away for same price and really nice and silent atmosphere. Also its not a good idea to leave your car on the free parking place. People may drop things from their balcony right down.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel distant from this pub and disco area if you want to sleep and if you dont want a shod...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Teix? Share your experiences!