“Party Central !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf

and 1 more site!
You added Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf to your Saves list
Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenida Notario Alemany 1, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Aycliffe, England, United Kingdom
“Party Central !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you are young and wanting to party, this is the place to stop! Everyday while I was there they had decent house/dance/trance music playing by the pool. Most the bad reviews a more from families because it's not really a family hotel as its in the centre of magaluf, 5 minute walk from the strip.
Foods pretty basic but it was nice enough to eat.
Staff are friendly if you respect them and they will respect you back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

great hotel right on the beach,and a short walk to the heart of magaluf,stayed half board and food was good,

Room Tip: rooms facing pool area and lower fl.oors
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

booked this hotel on the advice of thomas cook for 2 young families (20-27) my son was 3 and our friends son 1 that it was a family hotel with play parks etc. Ok there was a playpark but the hotel had no families! all 18 year old party goers.. chairs were thrown from the balcony, people urinated from their balconies, half naked people chapped our door nightly inviting us to parties.. on the first night we sat outside at the stage playing bingo with the kids a glass bottle was thrown from a balcony landing only about 2 metres from the children! this was the last time we sat down stairs at night. at dinner and lunch we asked for the air con to be put on in the resteraunt and were told it only got put on at night :/ Used the hair dryer in the room which went on fire synging my hair due to the hairdryer never being maintained.

Room Tip: the western waterpark if fab! you can easily walk there takes about 10/15mins but i suggest getting...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

went there in 2006 it was my first time in mallorca and magaluf loved the hotel love magaluf close to the beach and facilities its for couples and families the rooms were standad as we were self catering but you could go full board.would defo go back

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great time good for families in may when i went not much party people but some disturbances during the night in the hall way that did wake us all up from a drunk and the water supply made one of us sick we payed for a ocean room but got a garden room that over looked a tree and smelled of cigarettes we complained and got moved to an ocean view that was amazing view the pool was colled there is so much family things to do shows and ping pong restaurant that was a bit overpriced but overall it was a great holiday :).

Room Tip: Have a room that's all the way at the end of the corridor because it is quieter get an ocean vie...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
doncaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

me and 3 friends stayed here for a week.. for a start the bedding did not get changed i know that because my hair dye was on the pillows all week, the toilet was leaking with water everywhere and the fell off the wall, there was a leak onto our balcony that felt like it was raining.. we did not know what the leak was it could of been water could of been waste from other apartments, the air con did not work and when it did it made the most awful noise like a train in the room and then went off, whilst we was there someone had their phone nicked from the hotels security guy, our room was not ready on arrival we had to wait two hours, i did not see the pool cleaned at all the full week we was there, the sunbeds was all broken.. im not a fussy person or a prude but it was like the HOTEL OF HORRORS! just saying my experience.

Room Tip: avoid them all!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is my first ever review of a hotel and I am usually pleased with anywhere I go but after my experience last year at Majorca Beach, I thought I should warn people to AVOID this hotel!!! I am a 20 year old girl, I went to Majorca Beach Hotel last year with a friend, as soon as we got there we were given a room on the ground floor. On route to our room, the neighbouring rooms were all really loud and lively, infact one room had been completley destroyed (door kicked down and evrything) The males were perhaps a bit too friendly given the amount of drink they had, it got to a point where it was quite scary :S Our room was ok, until i discovered shot glasses lying on the ground, clearly the room hadnt been cleaned properly. The air conditioning didnt work, i had sat my suitcase on the floor to discover the toilet had been leaking all over the floor of the bedroom!! The view was terrible! infact it wasnt even a view, I didnt even know what we were looking onto, another building?!! I went to the reception to get a new room as paying £500 for a holiday to get a room like that was NOT acceptable. They only had a select number of rooms available so I had changed, we moved into a room on the 3rd floor which was slightly better than the first one with an average view that you could almost see the pool from.

The hotel had a lovely shop inside where you were able to buy drinks and lots of snacks and beach stuff. There was such a lack of atmosphere at night as most people stayed in there rooms and drank on balconys before going out, the entertainment FAILED because of this, you couldnt have a quiet night in, in this hotel. Somenights when we sat in the seating area outside, the groups sitting in balconys would fling glasses from the Balcony, and there was just no atmopshere at all at night unless u were part of a group in the big groups, This place is definetly not for families - DEFINETLY NOT CHILDREN!!! The food at nights was good enough, but again there was such a lack of atmosphere in the dining room, no one seemed to eat in it.

Bar Staff were ok, some were really nice and others were grumpy. Through the day the pool was ok, however the sunbeds were all broken and so uncomfortable, I opted to go to the Beach which was literally next to the hotel. Sun beds there though were 6 euros a day but worth it considering the hotel sunbeds were broken. The childrens pool was horrible, The pines from the trees were all over the childrens pool which just made it look really dirty and uncleaned. The Thomas Cook rep never seemed to be there either .....

Overall I did not enjoy my holiday one bit :( Im usually quite an outgoing lively person myself, but this hotel took things to another level, I didnt feel safe in it at all. Thomas Cook recommened this hotel to us, and to be quite honest, it gives them a bad name.

Room Tip: Avoid Downstairs Rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf? Share your experiences!