“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf

Save Saved
You added Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf to your Saves list
Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenida Notario Alemany 1, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great time good for families in may when i went not much party people but some disturbances during the night in the hall way that did wake us all up from a drunk and the water supply made one of us sick we payed for a ocean room but got a garden room that over looked a tree and smelled of cigarettes we complained and got moved to an ocean view that was amazing view the pool was colled there is so much family things to do shows and ping pong restaurant that was a bit overpriced but overall it was a great holiday :).

Room Tip: Have a room that's all the way at the end of the corridor because it is quieter get an ocean vie...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
doncaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

me and 3 friends stayed here for a week.. for a start the bedding did not get changed i know that because my hair dye was on the pillows all week, the toilet was leaking with water everywhere and the fell off the wall, there was a leak onto our balcony that felt like it was raining.. we did not know what the leak was it could of been water could of been waste from other apartments, the air con did not work and when it did it made the most awful noise like a train in the room and then went off, whilst we was there someone had their phone nicked from the hotels security guy, our room was not ready on arrival we had to wait two hours, i did not see the pool cleaned at all the full week we was there, the sunbeds was all broken.. im not a fussy person or a prude but it was like the HOTEL OF HORRORS! just saying my experience.

Room Tip: avoid them all!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is my first ever review of a hotel and I am usually pleased with anywhere I go but after my experience last year at Majorca Beach, I thought I should warn people to AVOID this hotel!!! I am a 20 year old girl, I went to Majorca Beach Hotel last year with a friend, as soon as we got there we were given a room on the ground floor. On route to our room, the neighbouring rooms were all really loud and lively, infact one room had been completley destroyed (door kicked down and evrything) The males were perhaps a bit too friendly given the amount of drink they had, it got to a point where it was quite scary :S Our room was ok, until i discovered shot glasses lying on the ground, clearly the room hadnt been cleaned properly. The air conditioning didnt work, i had sat my suitcase on the floor to discover the toilet had been leaking all over the floor of the bedroom!! The view was terrible! infact it wasnt even a view, I didnt even know what we were looking onto, another building?!! I went to the reception to get a new room as paying £500 for a holiday to get a room like that was NOT acceptable. They only had a select number of rooms available so I had changed, we moved into a room on the 3rd floor which was slightly better than the first one with an average view that you could almost see the pool from.

The hotel had a lovely shop inside where you were able to buy drinks and lots of snacks and beach stuff. There was such a lack of atmosphere at night as most people stayed in there rooms and drank on balconys before going out, the entertainment FAILED because of this, you couldnt have a quiet night in, in this hotel. Somenights when we sat in the seating area outside, the groups sitting in balconys would fling glasses from the Balcony, and there was just no atmopshere at all at night unless u were part of a group in the big groups, This place is definetly not for families - DEFINETLY NOT CHILDREN!!! The food at nights was good enough, but again there was such a lack of atmosphere in the dining room, no one seemed to eat in it.

Bar Staff were ok, some were really nice and others were grumpy. Through the day the pool was ok, however the sunbeds were all broken and so uncomfortable, I opted to go to the Beach which was literally next to the hotel. Sun beds there though were 6 euros a day but worth it considering the hotel sunbeds were broken. The childrens pool was horrible, The pines from the trees were all over the childrens pool which just made it look really dirty and uncleaned. The Thomas Cook rep never seemed to be there either .....

Overall I did not enjoy my holiday one bit :( Im usually quite an outgoing lively person myself, but this hotel took things to another level, I didnt feel safe in it at all. Thomas Cook recommened this hotel to us, and to be quite honest, it gives them a bad name.

Room Tip: Avoid Downstairs Rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I'd read reviews about this hotel before going but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, booked through Thomas Cook for £550 for 11 nights half board for 3 people in july 2011, thought it was a bargain at the time.
Now, im 18 so i wasnt expecting the ritz and im really not fussy but from the get go this hotel was awful, transfer took over 2 and a half hours from the airport, not the hotels fault but doesnt exactly get you in the partying mood.
As soon as we arrived the female clerk demanded our passports in a really rude manner, i was sharing my room with 2 friends and you cant fault the room, they are basic but when you're on a girls holiday you dont care about that.
Our room was 101, 3rd floor facing the front had an awful view overlooking the spar and a tacky shop called 'fashion china', constantly had bird droppings on our towels and balcony every morning.

Never sat around the pool as the beach was literally a stones throw away and was gorgeous, the hotel had 4 computers which I remember were quite a bargain and I used them every other day to speak to family, however one night i logged onto halifax banking to check my balance and the computer froze leaving my details on the screen, when i tried to explain to the worker he literally couldn't care less, i speak spanish so you'd think this would help but he just said 'no mi problemo', i was furious. I had to find the computers plug and turn it off myself bit of an inconvience when you're 5foot1 too! One night we returned at about 4am and one of the lads staying in the room next to us was being beat up by the hotel security guard with a truncheon, when we asked why he said he'd lost his hotel key and wallet and they refused to give him another key, when he said this was wrong the security guard came out, very harsh if you ask me, keys replacements were 15 euro if i remember correctly.

Waiters in buffet were rude, i moved my chair to sit with my friends when 3 waiters approached me and told me I was blocking the walk way, when I clearly wasnt, not wanting to argue with 3 huge men I just done as they asked, several waiters were friendly though don't get me wrong and the food was lovely for a budget resort.

Overall, this hotel wasn't worth the price at all, but if you're young you're never really in your room just dont expect to come and play loud music otherwise trunch will make an appearance. I'd recommend this hotel to young people who want a budget holiday but seriously you can get far nicer hotels for 300+! Deffo wouldn't recommend it to older people or families.

Please take my review into consideration, as like I said before im really not a fussy person but it really wasnt value for money at all, look around and read reviews before you book your hotel, dont book it on a whim like i did!

nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hey guys, Magaluf is cracking however! the hotel,
When we got there we was all told to go and sit in a room so that some travel reps could try and sell us there experiance of the holiday etc go where they go. Our group didn't do that because we wanted to just do what we want. Don't get me wrong it was nice a clean but we had to stay as quite as mice and wasn't aloud to smoke in our hotel balcony and also the food was horrible! The second night we came in a little drunk talking loud etc and then next day the hotel reps said that all eight of us had to chip in for a £300 fine because we had thrown glass bottles of the balcony, We didn't even have any glass bottles! the theory behind it i thought is because we did not agree to party with them for the week. S**t hotel and you have to be as quite as a mice.

On the other hand Magaluf was amazing fanny everywhere! BCM WAS GREAT!!! all round good Holiday!

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I dont know why people are slagging off the hotel. I am 35 years old and go to magaluf twice a year. I will NEVER go in july or aug again as it is just absolutely full of idiots. you dont get any sleep, they all sit round pool getting hammered from when the bar opens. dont get me wrong I like to get drunk but not having disgusting debates and chats about who they have f***ed. and throwing glass bottiles off thier balcony's.

I always go end of Sep and always stay in the same hotel Majorca beach hotel, the hotel is clean, the food is not repeated like someone has said, dont know what planet there on and the staff are and have always been nice. people who say the waiters are not nice,well you must be up your own ars*. dont forget your in a 3 star hotel NOT 5 star, so dont expect that treatment and if you want it pay over the odds for that treatment go to a 5 star.

going in sep is a completely different atmosphere, there is entertainment at night whereas in July and Aug , they dont have it really due to it being full of bums and students so they dont go to the night time going's on in the hotel as they want to be out pulling which is fine. so going later on in year is so much better - older generation go, better in the bars, not full of di**heads getting thier c**ks out.

the air con has always worked, staff always nice, food gorjus, great location, cant fault it. the rooms were cleaned daily,
THE CLEANERS ARE AROUND IN THE DAY BECAUSE HOW ELSE ARE THEY FU*K*IN MEANT TO CLEAN THE ROOMS. I HAVE SAID THIS AS SOMEONE SAID THEY ARE CLEANING THROUGH THE DAY.....

if you like partying and being around young ones, go in july or aug, but if your like me and like to get drunk at night and have a laugh but not with students, end of sep is good.

we have never had any problems in all the time i have been staying at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Camberley, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

4 of us stayed in Majorca Beach hotel last July and after reading these reviews we were pretty hesitant. However, on the whole our room really wasn't that bad.

We stayed in one of the self catering apartments and it was a decent size with a lot of space. The bathroom was pretty basic and so was the kitchen but overall was a half decent room. The balcony was pretty small for 4 of us however but we didn't spend much time there anyway. 2 of us stayed in the bedroom which had beds whereas the other 2 had little camp beds in the kitchen which didn't look too comfortable.

The hotel in general wasn't too bad. We had a maid try to steal our stuff and one of us caught her - as she thought the room was empty. We bought a safe and would 100% recommend doing this, especially with the maids.....Depsite this, the rooms were cleaned everyday and we had fresh towels everyday which was a huge plus.

Had people trying to break into our room in the middle of the night because they thought it was theres, but we knew it was an 18-25 hotel so we expected that sort of stuff. It is full of young people (which was good for us) so DO NOT come here if you are expecting a quiet holiday, constant music and crazy young people all day and night (wahoo!). The hotel itself was in a great location, a maximum 10minute walk to the strip and the beach is literally right outside the hotel.

The only real negative was the reps. They lied throughout our entire holiday and majorly ripped us off. We paid for activities every day (boat parties etc) and they said that we would get free alcohol in most places - this was a lie. The boat party only had free beer - and if like me, you don't like beer, then you pretty much have nothing to drink....In most of the other places, we got 1 free drink if we were lucky. They repeatedly lied about what we would actually be doing and this really annoyed us as we wasted a lot of our money.

But on the whole, half decent hotel in a great location and had a fab holiday!! JUST WATCH OUT FOR THE MAIDS! :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back side of the hotel were much better - had a beautiful view of the beach & sea!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Majorca Beach Hotel - Magalluf? Share your experiences!