We stayed at this hotel over the last week of August, and I found there were both positives and negatives to the hotel. I left the holiday organisation to one of my friends; I hadn't read any reviews of the Honolulu before we went and literally didn't know what to expect. One of the positives of the hotel was the closeness to the strip, literally a 3-4 minute walk and you are slap bang in the middle (although the hotel is on quite a steep hill so you do have to counter that every time you leave). There is a shop at the bottom of the hill that has all neccessities that you may need, with a bar opposite that shows every single football game. The swimming pool is decent (it is actually opposite the hotel entrance), it has a water volleyball net across the middle and a bar next to the pool. We were all inclusive so we tried to make the most of the food; I only made breakfast once so I can't make much judgement (it wasn't good), lunch and dinner were definitely better. It is a standard buffet style set out, and the choice changes every day (apart from the standard chips, salad, cheese & ham etc.) One thing I would say about the food is that it does get luke-warm quickly, I'd advise you to go down as soon as it happens so the food is still piping hot. Some of the food was slightly offputting and we did find a hair or two in the steak and kidney pudding/lasagne but on the whole if you stick to the english-style food then you can't really go wrong. The all inclusive drinks were also impressive - the usual soft drinks (fanta orange & lemon, coke, diet coke, sprite), alcoholic drinks - they had red and white wine, local beer, and then the local spirits (vodka, gin, rum, whisky) you can serve yourself but if you want peach schnappes or other local spirits then you need to ask the staff behind the bar. Note - named brands and Red Bull you have to pay for. Staff - they were friendly and helpful, always cleared away your plate in the restaurant but expect the maid to come in the room at 10am every morning - they don't knock ! I've got a few complaints about the room: our balcony door was broken and didn't lock (our friend next door actually managed to climb over the balcony and break into our room) so check your door locks ! The lock on our bathroom door also didn't work, and the shower was terrible - it literally goes from hot to cold there is no medium. The hotel is quite loud in the early hours of the morning as guests come back (that didn't bother me) but if you want sleep then this hotel is not ideal. Overall, it is a decent hotel for a typical lads holiday but for the price we paid (which was quite a lot) then you can get better deals elsewhere. P.S - the 18-30 reps will try and get you to buy the clubbing writstband for 190 euros which gets you access each night into the 5 MCP clubs (one booze cruise, one foam party, one UV party etc.) on the strip - DON'T BUY IT !! If you get it you are massively restricted, the wristband doesn't include BCM and the reps will take you on bar crawls before each club; it's in the bars where they make loads of money from you. You can always pay for access to the five MCP clubs on the night (usually 25-35 euros with unlimited free drinks) and still enjoy the foam party or whatever else is on that night, instead of paying for a weekly wristband. Also, go to the Western Water Park !! (26 euros then a bit more for the locker) it is a right laugh and there are a lot of slides to choose from; don't bother buying a float because people leave them lying around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THIS HOTEL IS TO BE REFURBISHED DURING WINTER 2014/2015. ADULTS ONLY (+16) Situated in the hills of Magaluf and Palma Nova, the Hi! Honolulu Hotel*** allows us to offer you a combination of leisure and holiday fun for your stay on Majorca. The Hi! Honolulu Hotel*** is located between Palma Nova and Magaluf, on the south-western coast of Majorca, only 21km from Palma and just a few metres from two beautiful beaches of Magaluf and Palmanova. The hotel offers 219 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe (extra charge), bath, shower and toilet. The hotel has 1 adults' pool, games room and an exceptional programme of entertainment, including evening shows. There is a wide range of leisure and sports activities in the area nearby the hotel due to its excellent location. Come and enjoy with your partner or friends both the facilities of the hotel and the area of Magaluf and Palmanova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hi! Honolulu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honolulu Hotel Magalluf
- Hotel Honolulu Majorca
- Hotel Honolulu Palma Nova
- Hi! Honolulu Hotel Magaluf, Majorca