“Lively hotel Ok if you dont want to eat” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hi! Honolulu Hotel

You added Hi! Honolulu Hotel to your Saves list
Hi! Honolulu Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Alta esquina -C/ Pineda | Urb Torrenova, 07181 Magaluf, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Magaluf
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lively hotel Ok if you dont want to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my mate for partying its an ok hotel if you dont want to eat the rooms are fine but no air con, you do hear noise all the time but your in magaluf your bound to here it every night.

I don't consider myself a fussy eater at all but the all inclusive is bad it really is but I got up for breakfast once and it is really nice. No fridge can be a pain when your on the top floor and the lift brakes constantly, the resturaunt is closed most of the time they have water machines on every floor for 2 euros which i got a lot of it is nowhere near worth the money the all inc.
Brill location just a few mins from the strip and two beaches.

On your way in and out of the hotel you get from condoms filled with urine,wet tissue,peoples belongings,glass bottles,chairs,water, everything really, run up and down the stairs if you dont want to be covered in it.

The alcohol is not that good it just messes up you throat for a long time but suppose its free.
Prostitutes/muggers at top of hill every night causing trouble for lads I heard one pulled out a knife its ok if your not by yourself absoluty off your face they jump in the pool at night aswell.

I am definatley returning to magaluff just not this hotel because of the all inclusive is not worth the money but book if you want a wild hotel with mates.
Definately go to BCM and MCP at night its worth the money and mallorca rocks is brill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent visit to hotel Honolulu.

We highly appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your impression of your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the trouble you had. Our aim is to provide an excellent service and a high quality product.

We would like to thank you for constructive criticism and we will be pleased if you give further preference to our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Rayleigh, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my friends for our girls first holiday! We knew we wouldn't be in the hotel much as we would most likely be at the pool and down the strip, but the hotel itself was of such a low standard!
Firstly, the rooms were not clean and had blood marks all over the curtains. Secondly the shower curtain was held up bu knotted plastic bags, and secondly the shower itself wasn't great.
We paid around about £750 for all inclusive week baring in mind this should cover drinks and food. Well the restaurant wasn't always open so there was no way to access any drinks from inside the hotel unless you wanted to trace across the road walking down several flights of stairs!
There was no aircon what so ever! Which was stated within the advertisement!
The location of the place was good, and despite reading previous reviews the hill isn't much at all and really is a three minute walk from the strip.
The food itself wasn't great but it supplied the basics.
Overall I was very disappointed with the hotel for the amount of money which we spent, however would recommend people people who did want to stay at this hotel not to pay all inclusive.
The place itself was very out-dated and had lots of missing chunks in walls, tiles and doors which some had been covered up with plaster.

Room Tip: Request low flooring!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear guest,

We are grateful that you took the time and trouble to write about your holiday. We take your comments very seriously and they do help to improve our standards and services.

I am sorry that on certain levels your holiday did not live up to your expectations. I do hope I can address all the points that you have raised.

We know that holidays are special and do our best to make them completely enjoyable.

Best Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm currently sat in room 822 of this hotel (otherwise known as the stuff of nightmares) on the very much broken double bed and have just finished cutting our 11 day holiday short by a week just to get out of here. My partner and I arrived at the Hi! Honolulu on Tuesday the 23rd of July 2013 after a 9 hour delay to our flight. After arriving we had to haul our suitcases up at least 20 steps (no slopes or disabled access anywhere in the hotel). We were warned by our reps to get up the steps as quickly as possible to avoid the glass bottles and water-filled condoms being thrown from the balconies above. We checked in and went to our room. This hotel is advertised as having air conditioned rooms... Air conditioning, in this hotel's case, is more like an asthmatic blowing through a toilet roll tube from the 1st floor and expecting the air to affect you on the 8th. Believe me, it doesn't. The showers are also the most temperamental things in the world and a death trap too. My partner went to shower when we arrived and almost slipped on the base of the bathtub. We ended up putting a towel on the bottom of the bathtub just so we didn't fall over. Then there's the issue of the water either being scaldingly hot or freezing cold. And that's a change you get every 15-20 seconds, regardless of what temperature you set it too. We met our 18-30 reps in the hotel bar and they were brilliant. I wish I could say the same for the bar though. The cheap, nasty alcohol you get from the vending machine (the free stuff you get with all inclusive) will get you drunk (if you don't mind your throat being sore for the entirety of your holiday) and the "slush machines" are a joke. They produce what can only be described as a drink that tastes like watered down vinegar... Either way, after heading onto The Strip and having a good first night, we came back to the hotel to be greeted by people throwing glass bottles, balls, shoes, kebab boxes, anything and everything, over the balcony as you climb the steps below. It is literally an obstacle course and is not advised for the faint of heart. Upon arriving in reception, I discovered that the lifts wouldn't work and just kept half opening and closing the doors without ever moving. I walked over to the reception desk and very politely informed the night receptionist that the lift was broken to which he looked me up and down and replied "You could do with the exercise anyway...". I'm sorry but, regardless of whether I was fat, skinny or whatever, a comment like that should *NEVER* have been made to a guest and my eyes almost popped from my head upon hearing him say it. He then said offhandedly "there's a lift over in that cupboard. Use that." The staff lift, as it turned out was down a dark corridor (no light switches about) with brooms, buckets etc for myself and my partner to trip over. We reached the 8th floor (top floor which is where the dreaded room 822 is situated) and were greeted by a still very hot room. That first night, we actually slept on the balcony just to keep cool. The maid decided to let herself in every morning at 7 or 8AM and just stand there and stare until I blearily said "Later gracias" every morning. For a hotel which is basically a party hotel situated a few hundred feet away from the strip, where the drinking does not stop until 6AM, they should schedule the cleaners a bit later? Either way, when we did eventually coincide our waking hours with her cleaning hours, we were not impressed at all. The bed sheets had not been changed just re-made, no new towels, no fresh pillow cases, floor hadn't been swept and there was an ant's nest in the corner. I'm sorry but, if cleaned thoroughly, an ants nest of that size would have been noticed immediately. My partner and I went to use the phone in the room one day, just to discover that the wiring's frayed and the socket is actually not even attached to the wall. Also, there's only one electrical socket in the entire room. Just one. And it's in the bathroom. Unless you want to fiddle with the wiring behind the strapped-to-the-wall TV (where your options are a multitude of Spanish tv or 2 identical BBC News channels or Channel 5) then you have to learn to share electric time with your roommates. From where our room was situated, the lights from the clubs on the strip came through our door every night as did the mish mash of songs, chanting, shouting, screaming and sounds of bottles being thrown out. We could have closed our door but then we would have boiled even more thanks to the shoddy air con. As we speak its 8PM and there are some girls downstairs who have bought a megaphone from the "Lucky lucky men" and are shouting "F*** you you motherf******". They're also chanting all manners of profanity's. If you actually plan on sleeping, good luck. You have that to contend with until approximately 8-9AM every morning from 8-9PM the night before. The noise is a constant for 12 hours daily. Now, I love partying and we've had a brilliant time here in magaluf, but it does sometimes feel like this hotel has been left like this to be smashed up and trashed by what can only be described as young children who've been given alcohol. I myself am only 18 and my partner 26 but we're both disgusted by what we see here on a daily basis. An old man had a stale burger thrown at the back of his head from the balconies earlier, the prostitutes (who dominate the land surrounding the hotel and will attack any men who are alone and have no women with them and I mean holding razors to your precious areas and stealing everything you have) go into the hotel pool nightly to wash themselves between clients (witnessed with my own eyes from my balcony) and an elderly couple who were too afraid to leave the hotel between certain times of the day in case they got things dropped on them from above. My partner and I came here for a holiday where we could have a good time away from our hectic business schedule and, instead, we're leaving before we've even finished our first week. We payed £3,000 for our holiday, don't make the same mistake as us and book into somewhere where walking up the steps isn't going to result in a 50/50 chance of things being launched at you from on high...
The only staff we would like to thank are Alan & Sarah, the guy who checked us out on the front desk (and was the only polite one) and our 18-30 reps Georgie and Stewie. But honestly, save your money and go somewhere else...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,

Best Regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a decent lively hotel. if you aren't young then don't bother booking because this hotel is definitely not suitable for older people!!

I had heard bad stuff about the food here but it was actually alright. Not much variety but it does the job!

The reps here were ace and made the holiday. We stayed with escapades and had natalie and laura who were top girls. Ryan was one of the 18-30's reps in the same hotel and he was a decent lad too, The guests who gave them a bad review obviously didn't bother booking any of the trips with them because the events we got as part of the wristband made the holiday, especially the silent disco thing and the frat party where we got free bars and the nights were class! We also got a paint party, foam party and a bar crawl and saw lethal bizle, skepta and michelle keegan as part of our wristband. We paid 150 euros for the wristband. We could have paid an extra 40 euros and booked the cruise but one of our loser mates gets seasick so didn't want to book it! I would definitely recommend getting the wristband from the reps, it's well worth the money and you can upgrade any night of the week for 7 euros for an all night free bar in the clubs. We would have got well bored if we didn't, plus it's 29 euros to get into the clubs anyway. you can get good deals on the strip from pr's but be careful because a lot of what they give you tastes shocking!

The only other thing we booked was example at mallorca rocks which was a wicked night. Drink before you go though because drinks are pricey inside.

Also went to the western waterpark which was a good day out if you like that sort of thing.

All in all i would defo go back to magaluf. Maybe not the honolulu again though because that hill is a killer with a hangover! Also be aware of the prozzies at night down by the hololulu, one of my mates got mugged and had stuff stolen.

Cheers escapades and the honolulu hotel for a top holiday

The Bristol boys!

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at the Honolulu.

Your comments are very valuable for us and give us a great opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.

Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

6 lads stayed week long all inclusive, thomas cooks 18-30 reps were wankers but hotel entertainers were top notch, good crack. vodka was sufficent to get you trollyed bar staff were chilled aswell werent to strict on how much you took at once. Food was excellent great chocolates ots. slush machine took the piss some days but hey fruck the haters.. all in alll such a great hotel would go back in a heart beat anyone who hated it was sad, allspirte.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just got back from 7 days there, if your a young adult and love a party and drink then you will have a great time but if you're anything else you may think you have came to hell.
Pool is good and bar had a wide range of drinks etc. Food was good, most was nice and did change the food abit but more variety would have been nice. Most of the staff seemed quite helpful and didn't have any problems with them.
Bad points are that we were on the first floor where there is a big balcony infront of our room and people would just throw everything down from their rooms onto this balcony, literally anything, used condoms, used tissue paper with feces on them, dead cokroaches, empty vodka bottles, used tampons, you name it, it was on there. Also on our last night a young guy fell from the 4th floor balcony and is currently in a very critical condition (thought he was dead at the time) so that is obviously very worrying. But overall had a good stay, right next to the strip and a very short walking distance from virtually everything you will want/need.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

Kidderminster, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed in the hotel for 10 days, it was the perfect place to stay for a 18-30's holiday.

Reps:
the 18-30/escapade reps were crap. okay, we were included in the welcome meeting, but after that we were completely forgotten about. one rep was obviously just interested in pulling lads not doing her job. thank god for alan the entertainment rep, he was hilarious, helpful and so easy to get along with!

Rooms:
We had intercepting rooms because there were 5 of us, in my opinion the rooms were a decent size, we had plenty of room and the balcony was also a decent size, our friends had a corner room & there balcony carried on around the side of the building so that was good for us all to sit out on & pre-drink. the hotel wasn't noisy, occassionally you'd hear the people coming in from their night out, and cus the air-con was so crappy you'd have to have the balcony open so you'd hear a little noise from outside. we reguarly had people knocking our door but that was just a set of neighbours we had. the maid came in every day & would come back later if you were still asleep, or clean around you if you asked. sheets were never changed, the beds were just re-made, by the end of the holiday we all found out we'd been sleeping on sheets with blood on, yet none of us had bled. clean towels are provided every day.

Food & drink:
the food was pretty basic & repeated into the second half of our holiday, but there was always something to eat, and the food was well seasoned and didnt taste plain. snacks are available throughout the day which is good if like us you fail to get up for brekkie, which was disgusting on the only time we had it.
the drinks are strong, and alcohol is served from a vending machine. it says only one measure per glass, but i saw people having doubles etc, eventho a spanish single is equiavelnt to a british triple. all drinks on the strip are hand-poured by the staff, no measures are used at all. rushkinoff sounds like a great idea when you can buy a bottle for 6 euroes but it kills your voice & you end up husky. staff can buy it so cheap they use it as disinfectant for tables.

Pool:
the pool was one of the biggest i'd seen compared to other hotels in maga, but there weren't enough sunbeds so we found ourselves on the grass most of the time, or down at the beach. pool bar is a bit annoying cus you have to scan your wristband before you can go through & the scanner is quite tempremental.

Lifts:
we were there for 10 days and both lifts worked until about the 7/8th day.

Hill & Suckey-Suckey ladies:

The hill isnt that big, it just gets annoying after a bit & there arent that many steps. Beware of people throwing stuff at you tho from the balconies above. Nighttime is where it gets dangerous, cus the suckey-suckey women dominate the area around honolulu, whether that be on the strip, by the shop or on the hill. lads dont walk past alone, you will get robbed or have body parts tampered with using razor blades. our girl group reguarly had to walk lads back to the hotel cus they were scared. girls, they dont really bother with you, they shouted at us sometimes for a reaction but we never gave them one.

Strip:
the strip is amazinggg. you will get approached by the pr's 10000 times, but play it right and you can get yourself a pint of spirit/mixer or coctail, 2 shots & a jug for 3 euros. go to juniors for pre-drinks, 10 euros for a 2 hour bar.

mcp:
dont bother paying 200euros for a wristband for mcp its not worth it, cus you wont wanna do those certain clubs every night of your holiday & you have to pay $7 a night to get a free bar. if something interests you, just buy the 3euro deposi ticket and then use it whatever night you want, pay the extra money on the door & get a free bar all night in the clubs. for example, i brought 2 deposit tickets, paid $25 for a UV paint party which was bloody amazing deffo reccommend doing that, & $26 to see rylan clarke which was shitttt, but at least i got 2 nights of free bar.

Room Tip: if you are in a large group, ask for rooms on the same floor, or intercepting rooms as it makes gett...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HiHotels, Manager at Hi! Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent visit to hotel Honolulu.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Been to Hi! Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!