Lets face it - this is a hotel for the 18-30's - which as it clearly says in Thomas Cook brochure- 'LOUD & LIVELY'- which has its positives and negatives
Large pool area with music & bar (its 'local' vodka and not the big brand names) - some people complained its weak - but just ask for more to be put in it - it's all inclusive hotel. People complain it on a hill - i would call it more of a 30 second incline. Yes there are 30 steps outside the hotel - no big deal if your fit and can manage it.
Restaurant is 3 star food - but decent enough quality and variety - and also open long hours.
Hotel staff (Spanish) acknowledge you - not overly friendly - but they do their job. Because hotel is all inclusive they miss out on Tips and struggle to pull a smile. Club reps are friendly and not too in your face.
Rooms are basic and small - but mine was clean. No fridge and air-con didn't work (a common complaint).
Noise at night is an issue if you want a fall nights sleep. Heard complaints of people banging on doors in the early hours. I was in the back - and 1 guest room in the neighbouring hotel kept me awake one night (All night). Gangs coming back from the clubs at 4am will make a noise and your will hear them if your a light sleeper.
Prostitutes approached me (and everyone else) every night on the entrance road to the hotel (you can't avoid them) - and they are annoying from 2:30am onwards. Be careful around them, they get too close for comfort and are known to be pickpockets. Walk past them and do not engage in conversation. I didn't have any trouble, but i did hear of others who did. Staff from a nearby bar warned me about them.
So overall - its a loud and lively hotel - exactly as it says in the brochure.
I had a good time there, (and would go back), but its not really for couples who want a quieter time, and defo not for families with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THIS HOTEL IS TO BE REFURBISHED DURING WINTER 2014/2015. ADULTS ONLY (+16) Situated in the hills of Magaluf and Palma Nova, the Hi! Honolulu Hotel*** allows us to offer you a combination of leisure and holiday fun for your stay on Majorca. The Hi! Honolulu Hotel*** is located between Palma Nova and Magaluf, on the south-western coast of Majorca, only 21km from Palma and just a few metres from two beautiful beaches of Magaluf and Palmanova. The hotel offers 219 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe (extra charge), bath, shower and toilet. The hotel has 1 adults' pool, games room and an exceptional programme of entertainment, including evening shows. There is a wide range of leisure and sports activities in the area nearby the hotel due to its excellent location. Come and enjoy with your partner or friends both the facilities of the hotel and the area of Magaluf and Palmanova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hi! Honolulu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honolulu Hotel Magalluf
- Hotel Honolulu Majorca
- Hotel Honolulu Palma Nova
- Hi! Honolulu Hotel Magaluf, Majorca